Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matthew R Tynan ‏@mtynan_PtR Whoa! Nando De Colo assigned to the Toros... According to press release.

San Antonio Spurs ‏@spurs [Press Release] http://j.mp/VldJhk Spurs Assign Nando De Colo to @austintoros

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it. (Not really)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Mills is now the third string point guard behind Neal (again).

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    The timing is surprising as he is one of the few healthy wings available. Kawhi and Jack are already out, and Green's hammy went whammy last night. That leaves Manu and Anderson as right sized wings.

Maybe this is one of those quick down and up assignments to get him a game or two of playing time. SA doesn't have a game until Wednesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's likely only an one game assignment and Nando won't miss a single Spurs' game. Spurs next game is Wednesday and Toros have a game today.

And I like this move. Nando will have a game where he will be able to take 20 shots without consequences and it will help him to stay in game shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

My guess is that it'll just be for today's game. There's a break in Spurs action so might as well throw De Colo out for a few minutes in Austin. Getting up 10-15 shots could really help him find his rhythm.

I can't imagine it's for more than one game since Green, Kawhi and Jackson are injured.

Edit: I got Bruno'ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird move..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Toros today game is at 4 pm ET. D-League has this year a great video stream/archive system through youtube.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a fan of the move, and by bet is, de colo isn't a fan either. he didn't leave him team in europe to play in the d-league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like some practice

not a fan of the move, and by bet is, de colo isn't a fan either. he didn't leave him team in europe to play in the d-league
    One game he's starting against the Heat, in another he's suiting up for the d-league. Now that's classic Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not just read what Bruno posted? Wait and see what happens before you jump off the cliff. It's like a glorified practice for him and by what I've seen so far this season, he could use as many of those as he can get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not just read what Bruno posted? Wait and see what happens before you jump off the cliff. It's like a glorified practice for him and by what I've seen so far this season, he could use as many of those as he can get.
    Nobody's jumping off any cliffs. Just didn't seem like something to be thrilled about on the surface, and all I said was I wasn't a fan of it. Sure, if it ends up being a game, no big deal. But since there's been no report or announcement regarding the duration of his time there, we can't be absolutely sure. It does make sense with our injury situation to keep him around, so I hope the one game theory holds true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have too many back up PGs tbh, we only really need two out of Nando/Mills/Cojo, especially since they arent that good, I don't get why they picked up Cojo's option tbh.

The problem with Nando is that he's not a very good fit next to Manu, that's like a double TO threat and shooting wise that's not good enough...

I know full well that starting units don't matter quite as much as closing units but I wonder if we should start Manu again, the logic behind making him come off the bench is maximising the number of his touches but I think lowering his touches a bit would increase the quality of his play at this point, especially if he doesn't have to play PG.

Duncan - Splitter
    Diaw - SJax
    Kawhi - Anderson
    Manu - Nando
    TP - Neal or Mills

I think Nando + Anderson could provide plenty of playmaking. Then the choice between Neal and Mills would depend on who they have to guard. I don't like Splitter Diaw either as a combination.

Boris also plays arguabvly better at SF but our PFs suck to much to make it a regular thing unless we get someone else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching the game at work so I really only saw about half of it off and on, but it looked like during one stretch of the game Nando was playing the 3 and guarding Gay. Was I imagining that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's Nando's agent saying that Nando will only be sent down for 1 game and that he will be called up just after it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno with the goods. timvp late per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no more cliff jumping for me

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno with the goods. timvp with the comic relief

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have too many back up PGs tbh, we only really need two out of Nando/Mills/Cojo, especially since they arent that good, I don't get why they picked up Cojo's option tbh.

The problem with Nando is that he's not a very good fit next to Manu, that's like a double TO threat and shooting wise that's not good enough...

I know full well that starting units don't matter quite as much as closing units but I wonder if we should start Manu again, the logic behind making him come off the bench is maximising the number of his touches but I think lowering his touches a bit would increase the quality of his play at this point, especially if he doesn't have to play PG.

Duncan - Splitter
    Diaw - SJax
    Kawhi - Anderson
    Manu - Nando
    TP - Neal or Mills

I think Nando + Anderson could provide plenty of playmaking. Then the choice between Neal and Mills would depend on who they have to guard. I don't like Splitter Diaw either as a combination.

Boris also plays arguabvly better at SF but our PFs suck to much to make it a regular thing unless we get someone else.
    the reason we are carrying all these point guards is because there's a solid shot neal will walk after the year to chase a bigger role. De Colo and Joseph are the 2 guys the organization is high on for the future, but since they're vastly unproven they are also hanging onto Mills because he's more of a known quan y. although based on his play early this year, i doubt he's coming back again, as long as de colo and CoJo progress as expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His agent is also saying in another tweet that he is send down to help his conditioning and "to get more responsibilities in the shooting area, which has been lacking from him so far".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no more cliff jumping for me
    No! I had a cliff all picked out and everything....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like some practice One game he's starting against the Heat, in another he's suiting up for the d-league. Now that's classic Popovich.
    Needs some layup practice. It's hard in this league to get to the hoop so when you do, don't dawdle around with a surprise pass. Shoot it youngster.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Bruno stole the idea from me an hour earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too surprised. De Colo has been " ting the bed" so to speak lately. Too many negatives and not enough positives. De Colo seems like a very raw player despite being in his mid 20's. He wil benefit from extra playing time, not to mention less stress of absolutely having to make every play count while playing with the big team.

I think De Colo has potential, so I'm glad we have him, but he's been underperforming. I expect JA will get more time now with Green out, and we'll see more Mills and Neal at PG. JA doesn't blow anyone's doors off, but he doesn't seem to make too many mistakes at least the way De Colo does.

Looking forward to seeing De Colo back, and in a good mental state in the near future. If he can become more consistent with his ball handling and playmaking. . .and with his shooting, I think we might have something with him.

Thread Information