Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, at all..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their bad losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..

Whether that's going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..

You're wasting your logical posts on ty posters, tbh.. people who really know basketball and the Spurs know this. Unfortunately, they're few and far between on ST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't buying the "meaningless" this time. The Spurs are the 7th seed and they're going to have to pull their collective head at out of their collective sorry asses if they want a top 4 seed. It'd be meaningless and "coasting" if the Spurs were 20-5 or something, but they're not.

And of course Pop's micromanaging ass is going to sit every one next game.
    As I said about a week ago, Spurs are going to be fighting with OKC for the 7th and 8th seed with this resting Pop started.

He's now put us in a hole and now the players he's supposed to be resting are going to get run into the ground because other guys who are supposed to be playing are injured. I guess Pop didn't take injuries into account when he starting this resting and not taking games seriously this early in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasted a night when Enrique was glued to the bench. 's unacceptable tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the thing, he should especially when you are already at the bottom half of the playoff seedings.
    The Spurs can win anywhere tbh. I've felt they needed HCA throughout the past couple of years but don't think so this season. The only team I can see them needing homecourt is against OKC and they've got games on them still. To run this team into the ground in a meaningless regular season would be re ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should have pushed the team to get the wins early so we can afford to lose games like this and rest later in the season.

Not happy with Pop resting players this early in the season and now with the injuries, he's put them in a bad spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can win anywhere tbh. I've felt they needed HCA throughout the past couple of years but don't think so this season. The only team I can see them needing homecourt is against OKC and they've got games on them still. To run this team into the ground in a meaningless regular season would be re ed.
    You would atleast want them to have 2 series HCA and just hope they have a better record against the East's finalist. It's not easy to go from coasting to average to championship form and by the looks of it now they are really far away from it, granted that we are missing key guys, while the rest of the West is stacking up wins. I'm not saying playing the old guys 30+ mins a game but Pop has been so overly cautious recently with his "rests" which might cost us later in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The actual result is irrelevant...
    I'm not sure, the Spurs can't seal a win in overtime this season. Three losses in last three overtime games (Nets, Lakers, Grizz)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would atleast want them to have 2 series HCA and just hope they have a better record against the East's finalist. It's not easy to go from coasting to average to championship form and by the looks of it now they are really far away from it, granted that we are missing key guys, while the rest of the West is stacking up wins. I'm not saying playing the old guys 30+ mins a game but Pop has been so overly cautious recently with his "rests" which might cost us later in the season.
    That's what I've been trying to say for the last week +. Now you guys are starting to give a , huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..this isn't last year's Spurs that flipped the switch after struggling to beat good teams, all year..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, overall..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their disappointing losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..of course it's frustrating for the fans, since they are wasting games in a conference where Memphis and Golden State are trying to win the regular season championships, but it doesn't mean much in the long run..

Whether the stupid losses to bad teams are going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..this team has had way too many injuries(exacerbating the age concerns) to give a about getting a top 4 seed IMO..
    Interesting thing is that they cared a lot about the regular season last year. They came roaring out of the gate, Duncan played 74 games, and if not for Kawhi getting injured, the Spurs could've conceivably won 65-67 games. Pop was often quoted admitting that not having home court in the 2013 Finals was costly (and yes, they were good enough to beat Miami in 2013 without home court, but having a potential game 7 at home is a huge advantage), so he kept the team sharp during the entire regular season in pursuit of the best regular season record.

Granted, the team has been hit with some injuries, but Pop isn't helping matters by sitting key players for minor injuries and playing suck ass Bonner so much. I know this is all Sound and Fury on my part. The Spurs metrics are great despite the injuries and lax play, and once this team gets healthy and in rhythm, they should roll. I just don't want something as seemingly trivial as not having home court in the 2nd round or something to derail their repeat aspirations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too worried but these guys need to go on a win streak soon.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poorly played, poorly coached, but had all the big shots and screwups necessary for an engaged audience to complain or praise about 100 different moments deemed crucial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I've been trying to say for the last week +. Now you guys are starting to give a , huh?
    Of course I'm going to give a now, the record last week and now isn't the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. I haven't seen a single team this season close to the 2014 Finals Spurs level of play. Granted, the Spurs probably won't match that play either but I'm not ting my pants in December when the team is obviously coasting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. I haven't seen a single team this season close to the 2014 Finals Spurs level of play. Granted, the Spurs probably won't match that play either but I'm not ting my pants in December when the team is obviously coasting.
    fair enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are about to enter a tailspin after this, unfortunately. Still think Green got hurt on that terrible Manu pass and will prolly miss time. 7-8 game losing streak on the docket...

/emo

Real talk, that game was fun as to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the thing, he should especially when you are already at the bottom half of the playoff seedings.
    In December...

What happens when Gasol, Curry, Aldridge, Westbrook, Harden, and Nowistski get injured for a month... Again in most cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In December...

What happens when Duncan/Kawhi/Parker get injured for a month and Mills reinjures his shoulder once he comes back... Again in most cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost impossible to win games when a team misses 14 FTs. If we had shot 70% we would have been +6
    This. Again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTs cost us too, not just manu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting thing is that they cared a lot about the regular season last year. They came roaring out of the gate, Duncan played 74 games, and if not for Kawhi getting injured, the Spurs could've conceivably won 65-67 games. Pop was often quoted admitting that not having home court in the 2013 Finals was costly (and yes, they were good enough to beat Miami in 2013 without home court, but having a potential game 7 at home is a huge advantage), so he kept the team sharp during the entire regular season in pursuit of the best regular season record.

Granted, the team has been hit with some injuries, but Pop isn't helping matters by sitting key players for minor injuries and playing suck ass Bonner so much. I know this is all Sound and Fury on my part. The Spurs metrics are great despite the injuries and lax play, and once this team gets healthy and in rhythm, they should roll. I just don't want something as seemingly trivial as not having home court in the 2nd round or something to derail their repeat aspirations.
    Last year was different, though..

This year's team is coming off two runs into mid-June, that's a ton of miles on Duncan/Ginobili/Parker and even other older players like Diaw..from everything we heard during the off-season, it sounded like Pop was going to ride Kawhi this season, he's the young star on the team that would be playing 35+ per game(IMO), but he hasn't been able to stay on the floor, unfortunately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check our Bench.

Duncan's the only one who is not injured yet still being held back.
    No need to go into labor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are about to enter a tailspin after this, unfortunately. Still think Green got hurt on that terrible Manu pass and will prolly miss time. 7-8 game losing streak on the docket...

/emo

Real talk, that game was fun as to watch.
    You've been real emo this season so far, scro.

Don't worry about it IMO as the Spurs are still champs until proven otherwise and enjoy the last season you can yell at Manu on TV tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check our Bench.
    So you're saying that, Duncan/Kawhi/Parker/Manu being injured for a month won't affect the team's play? Look at what's happening when all the Spurs are missing(in the majority of the season so far) is a back up PG.

Saying that top team's best players could easily get injured and destroy their teams aspiration is re ed since it can basically happen to us as well, even worse is that we won't have any breathing room being the 7th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We win this game by 10+ in regulation if Patty plays tbh.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've been real emo this season so far, scro.
    Robz was a wreck last season too, tbh...

Thread Information