Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    18 innings of baseball and the Marlins have a grand total of 7 hits and 1 run. Ouch

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    18 innings of baseball and the Marlins have a grand total of 7 hits and 1 run. Ouch
    It's the uniforms, I tell ya.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So now we have the official Miami Marlins thread, the official Buffalo Bills thread... where is the official Columbus Blue Jackets thread?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Florida Panthers...keep up lil nlgga, im tired of carrying your ass

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now that's the Marlins we were supposed to see. The bats woke up and Stanton went nuts.

Ricky was money today, going 8 strong and only really throwing 2 bad pitches all day. Bell finally got some work and was lights out in the 9th.

Some of the bats still need to wake up (Hanley, Gaby, and LoMo)...but it's only 3 games.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Can somebody answer this for me? Do people in Miami really care or give a what Ozzie Guillen thinks about Fidel Castro? Or is this some sort of manufactured media controversy designed to draw pageviews?

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Can somebody answer this for me? Do people in Miami really care or give a what Ozzie Guillen thinks about Fidel Castro? Or is this some sort of manufactured media controversy designed to draw pageviews?
    Oh they definitely do. The old school Cubans all fled b/c of him and most have had family imprisoned or killed by his government.

I personally don't think it was a big deal...Ozzie was just being absentminded with his comments (as usual), but Le Ba said it right: Castro's looked upon in the same light as Hitler to Cubans.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh they definitely do. The old school Cubans all fled b/c of him and most have had family imprisoned or killed by his government.

I personally don't think it was a big deal...Ozzie was just being absentminded with his comments (as usual), but Le Ba said it right: Castro's looked upon in the same light as Hitler to Cubans.
    Yeah, but the people that fled Cuba are all in their 80's...they don't go to Marlins games or buy Marlins gear. Their grandkids don't care.

I mean, is it so beyond the pale to say anything about the situation besides "Castro's bad!"? The embargo probably hurts the Cuban people at this point more than the regime does.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the people that fled Cuba are all in their 80's...they don't go to Marlins games or buy Marlins gear. Their grandkids don't care.

I mean, is it so beyond the pale to say anything about the situation besides "Castro's bad!"? The embargo probably hurts the Cuban people at this point more than the regime does.
    lol, no dude. People are STILL fleeing Cuba all the time. Most of the residents are first-generation Americans still. My pops remarried (she's Cuban), and although I've never been a fan of hers, her family is ing awesome and vehemently anti-Castro. I've had a couple g/f's who are Cuban as well (both were 1st-gen Americans) and you basically couldn't utter Castro's name around them.

I know it sounds like I'm blowing this out of proportion but the dude is hated like the plague down there. Remember Marge Schott? That level of stupidity, as far as off the cuff remarks are concerned.

Once again I don't find it THAT big a deal, but down there that's a big no-no.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol, no dude. People are STILL fleeing Cuba all the time. Most of the residents are first-generation Americans still. My pops remarried (she's Cuban), and although I've never been a fan of hers, her family is ing awesome and vehemently anti-Castro. I've had a couple g/f's who are Cuban as well (both were 1st-gen Americans) and you basically couldn't utter Castro's name around them.

I know it sounds like I'm blowing this out of proportion but the dude is hated like the plague down there. Remember Marge Schott? That level of stupidity, as far as off the cuff remarks are concerned.

Once again I don't find it THAT big a deal, but down there that's big no-no.
    Okay. I was just curious. It just seems like people are making a bigger deal about it than necessary. I mean he apologized, what more do you want?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Okay. I was just curious. It just seems like people are making a bigger deal about it than necessary. I mean he apologized, what more do you want?
    I agree, his apology should be accepted and his previous comments taken with a grain of salt, but I understand the backlash all the same. A lot of these people lost their businesses, family members, and had to uproot their lives to escape this guy--so when idiots say they "love and/or respect Fidel Castro," it pisses them off. To me it's like re s and college kids who deify Che Guevara (Castro's good buddy) w/o knowing anything about him except "Viva la Revolucion!"

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    It's a shame Castro didn't get all of them before they escaped. Whiniest es in America.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    black people whine more...one dead spook (trayvon) has the whole tribe up in arms

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    The Miami population is made up of upper-class Cubans that ran away like mice in the 60s. Then the s received the most government handouts in U.S. history.

And now they because a man expresses his first-amendment opinion. Gotta love 'em. Does he get suspended if he says he wants Castro dead?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The Miami population is made up of upper-class Cubans that ran away like mice in the 60s. Then the s received the most government handouts in U.S. history.

And now they because a man expresses his first-amendment opinion. Gotta love 'em. Does he get suspended if he says he wants Castro dead?
    That's why you have to applaud Cubans in the first place, imo. They went from having everything to fleeing the country then building back up again in a new country--not only surviving, but thriving as upper-class people like you said. That's what differentiates them from Mexicans--who are satisfied with being the skidmark on the underpants of society.

For the record I think it's asinine he got suspended at all, but the Marlins are just doing damage control b/c they don't have the loyal fan base that'll be there no matter what. Just a business protecting its image. It's ludicrous from our perspective, I agree.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    That's why you have to applaud Cubans in the first place, imo. They went from having everything to fleeing the country then building back up again in a new country--not only surviving, but thriving as upper-class people like you said. That's what differentiates them from Mexicans--who are satisfied with being the skidmark on the underpants of society.

For the record I think it's asinine he got suspended at all, but the Marlins are just doing damage control b/c they don't have the loyal fan base that'll be there no matter what. Just a business protecting its image. It's ludicrous from our perspective, I agree.
    It's well do ented Cubans fleeing in the 60s received special treatment from the US govt (even legislation was passed) for the Cold War propaganda. They got billions in no-interest loans to start businesses, Medicare, public assistance. Hence why i said handouts, Cubans didn't pull themselves from their bootstraps or some other bull .

The team needs to grow a pair and say a man has the right to express his political views. That won't happen, but whatever.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Juice, you bought me a beer at Corbett's Bar and Grill 8 years ago, and I returned the favor when I ran into you at Dave and Buster's a couple months after that. We talked Bills football, not about murder, politics, or Cubans. Do you remember?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Beer and the Bills is all I need.

But that was before they gave me 33 years for stealing my own . I still catch the games in cell though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Beer and the Bills is all I need.

But that was before they gave me 33 years for stealing my own . I still catch the games in cell though.

I need beer because of the Bills.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I asked Bud to autograph that pic but he declined

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Hypocritical sucker. I swear I could kill right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol suspended for speaking his mind
    lol Nazis

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Lol soccer
    Lol sport of s