Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Patty Mills' agent?

........and can we add him to the "Spurs Killer" list?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Patty Mills' agent?

........and can we add him to the "Spurs Killer" list?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that fourth year is a first degree murder.

If it was only 3 years, it would have been a movable deal. Might have cost a first rounder, but survivable.

Can't survive the fourth year.

Congratulations to all the pro-Mills deal people on the first few days of this thread. You must be really enjoying his performance.

Imagine how much worse he'll get as he enters his 30s and slows down.

: :

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that fourth year is a first degree murder.

If it was only 3 years, it would have been a movable deal. Might have cost a first rounder, but survivable.

Can't survive the fourth year.

Congratulations to all the pro-Mills deal people on the first few days of this thread. You must be really enjoying his performance.

Imagine how much worse he'll get as he enters his 30s and slows down.

: :
    Pathetic. It's obvious how much better Derrick is than him, Tony, Bryn, Paul. He's even better than Murray right now, but I think Murray has higher ceiling still.

Green > or = to White > Murray > Manu > Tony > Patty= Bryn > Shane Heal> Mike Bud > Negale Knight > Brandon Paul tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the most dedicated of anti-Mills brigade couldn't foresee the degree of awfulness in this contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the most dedicated of anti-Mills brigade couldn't foresee the degree of awfulness in this contract.
    Planets, bruh. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could argue this is currently one of the 20 worst contracts in the league..it is only a tier below the Chandler Parsons/Noah/Batum abominations.

If this is what you're getting out him in Year 1 while being fully healthy, i shudder to think of Mills when crosses to the wrong side of 30 and start to get banged-up more often..

Spurs got to find a way to move him this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some quotes on Patty Thrills. Full link below

“He’s always so positive and brings that ‘juice’ we always talk about,” Ginobili said. “Not only on the court with his shots, his steals, his hustle plays, but in the locker room too.

“He’s an outstanding teammate and we feed off him.”

Mills said he has tried since day one with the Spurs to spread good cheer throughout the locker room. But he stressed it was absolutely vital for him to do so this year because of all the adversity the team has faced.
    But the Spurs didn’t give him the pact with the hope he would elevate his game to another level. The contract was a reward for what he had done the previous six seasons in Silver & Black along with the expectation he would continue to provide sharpshooting, what Popovich calls his “fierce” defense, hustle and leadership.

“There were no expectations or added pressure that I felt after the summer,” Mills said. “From my end and from the organization’s end, what was done in the summer was done for the previous years. The expectations were for me to come in and to do my job and to keep learning and keep growing as well.
    “He can change the game up with his shooting and energy,” center Pau Gasol said. “He moved up to the starting lineup to give us that spark and another shooter to spread the floor and give space for Dejounte’s penetration and LaMarcus (Aldridge’s) post-ups. It gives us better balance in that starting unit.”

But, again, it is the consistent positive energy Mills oozes that his teammates appreciate most.

“He brightens people’s days, brightens people’s moods, motivates us,” guard Danny Green said. “We know he is going to bring the juice every day. He’s had a bum knee for a whole year, but yet he’s the only person that has played every game for us, hasn’t taken any rest days or been injured.

“His energy is just something everybody feels and gravitates toward and kind of absorbs.”

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na..._medium=social

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2017-2018 Valuemeter:

Patty Mills, PG, San Antonio Spurs
    Valuemeter:

Values (based on 2017-2018 salary)
    3 point shooting: $3,500,000
    bringing good mood: $11,500,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There no doubt the team needs him, first bc they are offensively challenged without Kiwi, and second bc he's their best shooter and their best offensive guard at this point. He's got limitations obviously.

He wasn't projected to be a starter, play this many minutes or have the ball so much... It's one of those things that has been a result of Kiwi having missed the entire season. He has been better lately and it shows in the Spurs record. No matter how poor he's playing in some games he's still going to get his minutes so we might as well hope he plays well at this point.

And here's for my friend sasaint:
    "He’s one of our team leaders,” Popovich said. “He’s always ready to do whatever it takes to win the basketball game or get a teammate up. He’s pretty spectacular.”
    “And over this season, I have learned a lot more, while also being in a leadership position of bridging the gap between the older guys and the young guys, and helping those younger guys understand the Spurs culture. And it’s been great. I’ve loved every bit of it.”
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called kl andrew bynum... i was right

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all knew he was gonna get paid before that.

Also,

I need to add that to my sig.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There no doubt the team needs him, first bc they are offensively challenged without Kiwi, and second bc he's their best shooter and their best offensive guard at this point. He's got limitations obviously.

He wasn't projected to be a starter, play this many minutes or have the ball so much... It's one of those things that has been a result of Kiwi having missed the entire season. He has been better lately and it shows in the Spurs record. No matter how poor he's playing in some games he's still going to get his minutes so we might as well hope he plays well at this point.

And here's for my friend sasaint:
    Paddy Mills doesn't play SF so I don't know how you think Kawhi's injury has anything to do with Paddy's increased playing time. He wasn't projected to be a starter yet here he is. Pop is trying to justify that $50M contract more than anything and all he's showing to this point is why it is so abundantly clear for everyone to see why he shouldn't be projected as a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paddy Mills doesn't play SF so I don't know how you think Kawhi's injury has anything to do with Paddy's increased playing time.
    This is actually a really easy extension. Patty's starting because the team needs scoring in the first unit. Had Leonard been starting, the team would not need scoring. If Murray, Green or Anderson were capable of being second- or third-options, Mills would likely be on the bench.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This is actually a really easy extension. Patty's starting because the team needs scoring in the first unit. Had Leonard been starting, the team would not need scoring. If Murray, Green or Anderson were capable of being second- or third-options, Mills would likely be on the bench.
    Not really. He's been a below average offensive player and he struggles mightily to run the offense. You can argue that he makes Aldridge a better offensive player (although I'm not subscribing to that theory) but that's the extent of his effectiveness. I guarantee you that when/if Kawhi comes back, Paddy will remain the starter and his minutes will remain unchanged. He averaged nearly 29 minutes per game in March.

Yeah, they need offense in the absence of Kawhi but the real reason he's getting so many minutes is because Parker is a non threat on the offensive end and Danny Green's been atrocious offensively as well.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 04-03-2018 at 08:30 PM.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have frontloaded the out of that contract. RC could pay taxes for one year so Mills can make 25 million that first year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about how worthwhile it would be to trade Mills and a first or two to get DeMarre Carroll. A real SF who can defend a little while also junking Mills.

But then I found out that it wouldn't work straight up because it would take them into the tax and therefore limited the amount they can take back etc etc and long story short the Spurs would have to include salary. Only way to do it is to include Cunningham but he won't be eligible for months anyway.

So even that deal can't really happen.

Spurs are stuck with Patty's Cancer Contract for a long, long time.

Really not looking forward to him getting gift starts and playing 30+ minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about how worthwhile it would be to trade Mills and a first or two to get DeMarre Carroll. A real SF who can defend a little while also junking Mills.

But then I found out that it wouldn't work straight up because it would take them into the tax and therefore limited the amount they can take back etc etc and long story short the Spurs would have to include salary. Only way to do it is to include Cunningham but he won't be eligible for months anyway.

Really not looking forward to him getting gift starts and playing 30+ minutes a game.
    Gasol and a 2021 second for Caroll, and we'd be cooking with fire.

Also lol at the thought of giving up 2 firsts to get out of Mills deal, the deal is fine and likely to look significantly better every year going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just going to say it; Mills deal is fine going forward.

Estimated Salary Cap (next 3 years)

2018-2019-$109 million
    2019-2020-$116 millon
    2020-2021 $124 million (guestimate I heard on a podcast)

Mills contract jumps by about $800,000 per season, meaning that the cap jumps will likely eclipse his salary raises by as much as 100%. over each of the final 3 years.

By the end of that deal, be making something like 8% of the cap.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes that 9 mill for KA look like a bargain.
    Mills (shooter): 10 points on 8.3 shots (almost 30 and plays a crowded position)
    KA (can't/won't shoot): 8 points on 6 shots (25y/o and plays an almost empty position)
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

win-win do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2018-2019-$109 million
    2019-2020-$116 millon

Mills contract jumps by about $800,000 per season, meaning that the cap jumps will likely eclipse his salary raises by as much as 100%. over each of the final 3 years.

+1

I also expect him to be better this year. He was bounced around a lot due to injuries and the drama with HWSNBN the 2nd, and should benefit from having a more consistent role. Having a guy like DeMar who can break down a defense and drive/kick helps guys like Mills/Bertans, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2018-2019-$109 million
    2019-2020-$116 millon

How do you figure 8%? Patty in those years will be making around $13M/yr. Clearly larger than 10% according to your estimates of salary cap.

Thread Information