Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ...at this point it’s comical watching the media try to stay erect for this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isolation midrange offense combined with no defense, no court vision/playmaking ability & inability to play off the ball because he can't shoot the 3.
    meh, his 3 point shot is only 10% down from his overall %.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meelo is a washed up turn and needs to be released ASAP
    he was never good to begin with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He hasn't been the problem this year. Westbrook hasn't played nearly as well as he did last season.
    on this i agree ...westbrook has tried so hard to integrate he has been far less aggressive. You see against State he was hyper agressive yet still looked for open team-mates. not sure Russ can lead a team any other way ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mistake gimmicky stats for better basketball. Russ isn't playing worse. He received a couple guys who are also stat conscious.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Haven't watched them a lot but watched them play the Pistons last night. OKC in control for much of the first three quarters. Timely three point shooting by Detroit when OKC could have broken the game open several times kept it just close enough.

And in the fourth quarter, WB, Melo, and PG just kept taking turns jacking up bad shot after bad shot. Rarely more than one pass in the halfcourt set. Fewer mid post post-ups in the fourth. Shot attempts mostly within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. Just taking turns dribbling up the court quickly and shooting as soon as they can. No flow, no fluidity, no patience or discipline, no chemistry, basically no halfcourt sets at all. And the game was very much in the balance the whole fourth quarter. And then they give Russ the final shot, a three point attempt, when his jumper was off all night and a Melo had it rolling much of the game.

Now the three guys are just so talented that they can win games on that talent alone. But they sure don't show much chemistry or basketball IQ. The broadcast said that OKC led the league in losing games in which they had double digit leads. It's not surprising at all with the way they play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ricky Pierce or Jeff Malone would never have sniffed an Olympic invite in yesterday’s nba.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Haven't watched them a lot but watched them play the Pistons last night. OKC in control for much of the first three quarters. Timely three point shooting by Detroit when OKC could have broken the game open several times kept it just close enough.

And in the fourth quarter, WB, Melo, and PG just kept taking turns jacking up bad shot after bad shot. Rarely more than one pass in the halfcourt set. Fewer mid post post-ups in the fourth. Shot attempts mostly within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. Just taking turns dribbling up the court quickly and shooting as soon as they can. No flow, no fluidity, no patience or discipline, no chemistry, basically no halfcourt sets at all. And the game was very much in the balance the whole fourth quarter. And then they give Russ the final shot, a three point attempt, when his jumper was off all night and a Melo had it rolling much of the game.

Now the three guys are just so talented that they can win games on that talent alone. But they sure don't show much chemistry or basketball IQ. The broadcast said that OKC led the league in losing games in which they had double digit leads. It's not surprising at all with the way they play.
    if they lose to a hard working but should be tanking mavs ...talk about a lose-lose. okc nullifies the strong work they put in vs State and Mavs move further away from a top 3 pick.

Good to see a post from you Jam, Happy Holidays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting curbstomped by the Mavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder blown out by Dallas

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This OKC team doesn't have the collective talent to do anything meaningful. They have a lot of talent, but not a wide array of talent. They all can do basically the same things, and they all have basically the same approach to the games. Russ plays for stats. PG plays for stats. Carmelo plays for stats. Russ will keep playing for stats, PG will get injured and sit out half the season. Carmelo will retreat into his "poor me" s , surrounded by his wall of hype since he came out with the other big names in the league and hasn't done about it.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As others have mentioned in this thread, funny how Oladipo and Kanter are actually having decent seasons elsewhere without the cancer on their team.

Shocking.
    To be fair I live in Central Florida and Oladipo was just as inconsistent and mediocre here with the Magic as he was last year in OKC. Also Kanters main problem was always on defense since he's so slow footed and also not a shot blocker which I don't see how you could blame that on westbrook. Everyone knew he could fill it up on offense and rebound

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    OKC 2-10 when Westbrook takes the most shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC 2-10 when Westbrook takes the most shots.
    Look at their home vs road results. 6-3 at home, 2-8 on the road.

That's usually a role player issue, but Russ is an energy player and guys like Melo feed off home crowds, not so much on the road. Some guys love to hush opposing crowds, doesn't seem these guys do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at their home vs road results. 6-3 at home, 2-8 on the road.

That's usually a role player issue
    Nope - Russ is shooting 10% worse on the road. Their role players are fine.

guys like Melo feed off home crowds, not so much on the road
    Melo shoots significantly better on the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC's season is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope - Russ is shooting 10% worse on the road. Their role players are fine.

Melo shoots significantly better on the road.
    So you think it's better shooting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think it's better shooting?
    You can't have 3 guys who take 53 shots a game between them all shoot in the low 40s - at least one of them has to be efficient. Also, they lead the NBA in iso FGAs by a huge margin, while not being efficient at it as well. They need some coaching and a system, instead of give it to Russ and wait in the corner.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can't have 3 guys who take 53 shots a game between them all shoot in the low 40s - at least one of them has to be efficient. Also, they lead the NBA in iso FGAs by a huge margin, while not being efficient at it as well. They need some coaching and a system, instead of give it to Russ and wait in the corner.
    i think that is the problem with constructing a super team ... role fit acceptance and a system that plays to the strength of multiple ball dominant players is not easy.
    You dont turn down superstar talent but is not like 2k where you can run a my turn-your turn offense.
    even the heatles struggled integrating year one at times even with a unselfish (but ego driven) superstar...
    With state, the pieces just fit better plus they have so many quality role players plus, steph and klay can hit corner 3s consistently.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 11-27-2017 at 04:28 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurfan proclaiming Sam Presti as a genius for trading decent pieces for two cancerous players, one who will likely be gone next season and another who is aging and will likely opt in to his 25M salary next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that is the problem with constructing a super team ... role fit acceptance and a system that plays to the strength of multiple ball dominant players is not easy.
    You dont turn down superstar talent but is not like 2k where you can run a my turn-your turn offense.
    even the heatles struggled integrating year one at times even with a unselfish (but ego driven) superstar...
    With state, the pieces just fit better plus they have so msny quality role players plus, steph and klay can hit corner 3s consistently.
    That's also a problem with a coach that came from the NCAA and never had to deal with professional egos before. Some make the transition ok (Dean Smith tree) and some don't.

I can't believe they haven't replaced the coach yet. If he was black he'd have been gone before KD was.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurfan proclaiming Sam Presti as a genius for trading decent pieces for two cancerous players, one who will likely be gone next season and another who is aging and will likely opt in to his 25M salary next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trade for George 10 times out of 10, tbh.

And considering what little they had to give up for Melo, you trade for Melo too, tbh.

The problem isn't the talent, it's the ty coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George needs to come to San Antonio and accept his natural place as Kawhi's second banana, tbh.

Kawhi needs just a tiny bit of help to knock those conceited Warriors out of the playoffs at least once in the next three years.

One more decent two-way wing is all Kawhichael needs. Give him his Pippen and watch him do the unthinkable.
    I don't know why we traded him in the first place...

Thread Information