Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like basketball in Los Angeles, I understand this place is a shadow of its former self, a fading reflection of what was once considered relevancy.

However, as one of the founder fathers of Spurstalk I take exception not to the overflowing drivel written by troglodytes here whose IQs are less than or equal to the temperature of air conditioned rooms but am more than offended when I see a thread asking if we're afraid...

Afraid.....?! Of Chris Paul? Of the Clippers?!?!

Some here may need a history lesson when it comes to pomegranate-sized nutsack that is the San Antonio Spurs before they actually call themselves fans...

Won NBA le in Madison Square Garden even with David Stern turning off the shot clock- check
    Ended Lakers three peat and crushed dynasty in the process on our way to #2- check
    Won game 5 in Detroit after being humiliated in the two previous when absolutely nobody gave us a fighting chance- check
    Won game 7 against those same Pistons and ring #3- check
    Baptized Stern's new pet LeBron in sulferic acid on our way to ring #4- check
    Won game 6 in OKC against all odds and sent Fisher to the NBA lottery in the process- check
    Authored the greatest revenge story in the history of sport to grab ring #5 and leave the Heat franchise and the city of Miami in ashes- check

Yet some clown wants to ask me if I'm scared?

I, like other seasoned veterans here have chunks of guys like Blake Griffin in our stools.

Popovich has forgotten more about the game of basketball than Doc Rivers knows.

Kawhi Leonard is playing at a level right now that will leave an already mediocre Clippers defence expecting in nine months.

Chris Paul is a and will always be a . Tony Parker will leave four championship ring imprints on his forehead while firing a Parisien omelet off his chin.

No ing way I'm scared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hear hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, bandwagon gots who only show up during the playoffs.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done good sir!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody needs to photo shop Duncan's face with the famous Jordan poster where he's showing off his rings

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no room. Your LJ was afraid as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP Translated: I've watched more games than you.

If you have anything in your stool it's the nachos and hot wings you've consumed while reclining on your easy chair watching NBA games. I get that you have a post season pride that seems to not give a about the regular season, but there are plenty here who keep things rolling through the doldrums of the regular season. No, you're not afraid because most likely you don't even watch RS games (if you do you don't mention it here, and therefore it's irrelevant to the OP).

We're all fans of this or that team or player or game. None of us have done a single thing to enhance or take away from the game itself, and pretending you're a veteran at posting on a forum is laughable to anyone who's actually a veteran. Oh look, I've been posting here for a long time (see my registration date?) I'm one of the FOUNDERS!!! Nobody cares.

Everyone here knows everything the Spurs have done. This year's team isn't last year's team, and it's not the 1999 team, or the 2003 team, or the 2005 or 2007 team. However, if you go back in the archives to those dates there wasn't a lot of confidence back then either. It's really easy to drop by and pretend to sling weight around because you registered here earlier than others, but when the smoke clears you're just a bolded GNSF type poster who shows up during the post season to drop your epiphany bomb that you just can't contain.

Get in line.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does everyone have to be so antagonistic on this forum?
    Preach on WBOM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like basketball in Los Angeles, I understand this place is a shadow of its former self, a fading reflection of what was once considered relevancy.

However, as one of the founder fathers of Spurstalk I take exception not to the overflowing drivel written by troglodytes here whose IQs are less than or equal to the temperature of air conditioned rooms but am more than offended when I see a thread asking if we're afraid...

Some here may need a history lesson when it comes to pomegranate-sized nutsack that is the San Antonio Spurs before they actually call themselves fans...

Won NBA le in Madison Square Garden even with David Stern turning off the shot clock- check
    Ended Lakers three peat and crushed dynasty in the process on our way to #2- check
    Won game 5 in Detroit after being humiliated in the two previous when absolutely nobody gave us a fighting chance- check
    Won game 6 in OKC against all odds and sent Fisher to the NBA lottery in the process- check
    Authored the greatest revenge story in the history of sport to grab ring #5 and leave the Heat franchise and the city of Miami in ashes- check

I, like other seasoned veterans here have chunks of guys like Blake Griffin in our stools.

Kawhi Leonard is playing at a level right now that will leave an already mediocre Clippers defence expecting in nine months.

Chris Paul is a and will always be a . Tony Parker will leave four championship ring imprints on his forehead while firing a Parisien omelet off his chin.

No ing way I'm scared.
    FINALLY! Someone who gets it! Everyone here is afraid, and masking their fear by saying "5 was good enough." Tim Duncan did not come back to lose! Tim Duncan didn't come back because 5 was good enough! Tim Duncan came back for 6. Will it be easy? No! When has it ever been easy for San Antonio?! The Spurs always do things the hard way! We have Pop, Duncan and Leonard. Show some in courage. This team is getting 6 this year! Enjoy the ride, it's not over!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FINALLY! Someone who gets it! Everyone here is afraid, and masking their fear by saying "5 was good enough." Tim Duncan did not come back to lose! Tim Duncan didn't come back because 5 was good enough! Tim Duncan came back for 6. Will it be easy? No! When has it ever been easy for San Antonio?! The Spurs always do things the hard way! We have Pop, Duncan and Leonard. Show some in courage. This team is getting 6 this year! Enjoy the ride, it's not over!
    Lol, that's corny as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, that's corny as .
    Rodbiaz you haven't been banned yet? Too bad we don't have mods anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodbiaz you haven't been banned yet? Too bad we don't have mods anymore.
    the mods love me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are you scared threads are a tradition. Not meant to be taken seriously.

You old school SpursTalk posters can continue jacking each other off and talk about the good ole days. The rest of us are here to talk basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are you scared threads are a tradition. Not meant to be taken seriously.

You old school SpursTalk posters can continue jacking each other off and talk about the good ole days. The rest of us are here to talk basketball.
    Mah .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, people are such s in this place

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No ing way I'm scared.
    Ya, because knowing history tells you everything about the future right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god bless spustalk. It's still the best spurs board in it's wounded state. Now that the spurs are champs they are being talked about more so the need for a message board is not as great but it's great that die hard fans can vent here at least.

On Paper the spurs got this, but paper is really weak. Tonight we lay down the first sweat on the long road to 6.

bonus content:!!!:

rOB dIAZ dECISION MATRIX

hAS POSTER ONE COMPLIMENTED ME?

iF YES "MY "

IF NO " GOT"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god bless spustalk. It's still the best spurs board in it's wounded state. Now that the spurs are champs they are being talked about more so the need for a message board is not as great but it's great that die hard fans can vent here at least.

On Paper the spurs got this, but paper is really weak. Tonight we lay down the first sweat on the long road to 6.

bonus content:!!!:

rOB dIAZ dECISION MATRIX

hAS POSTER ONE COMPLIMENTED ME?

iF YES "MY "

IF NO " GOT"
    got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah! Thanks for reminding everyone that the Spurs have been through some tough stuff and come out victorious!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, bandwagon gots who only show up during the playoffs.
    You should talk about his post count next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should talk about his post count next.
    You should stick to getting on in the political forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP Translated: I've watched more games than you.

If you have anything in your stool it's the nachos and hot wings you've consumed while reclining on your easy chair watching NBA games. I get that you have a post season pride that seems to not give a about the regular season, but there are plenty here who keep things rolling through the doldrums of the regular season. No, you're not afraid because most likely you don't even watch RS games (if you do you don't mention it here, and therefore it's irrelevant to the OP).

We're all fans of this or that team or player or game. None of us have done a single thing to enhance or take away from the game itself, and pretending you're a veteran at posting on a forum is laughable to anyone who's actually a veteran. Oh look, I've been posting here for a long time (see my registration date?) I'm one of the FOUNDERS!!! Nobody cares.

Everyone here knows everything the Spurs have done. This year's team isn't last year's team, and it's not the 1999 team, or the 2003 team, or the 2005 or 2007 team. However, if you go back in the archives to those dates there wasn't a lot of confidence back then either. It's really easy to drop by and pretend to sling weight around because you registered here earlier than others, but when the smoke clears you're just a bolded GNSF type poster who shows up during the post season to drop your epiphany bomb that you just can't contain.

Get in line.
    I care and you have antisocial tendencies to say the least. Now get on another account and agree with yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should stick to getting on in the political forum.
    Nah. It's gametime .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. It's gametime .
    Do you have your jersey on? are you sweating yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have your jersey on? are you sweating yet?
    yeah I have 16 on.

Thread Information