My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not what he has been always doing?
    What do you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously want to slap the out of him for that.

Preaches getting over oneself yet pulls this crap that no other coach would ever think of doing. Maybe they lose anyway, but they were put at a huge disadvantage just so he could emasculate the starters over a bad two-minute stretch. Holy what a ing got, seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean?
    Clippers a couple years ago, Patty on Durant last season, dumb subs, bad timing, white flags, lacks of heart/balls when refs are ing us, they jobbed us 2 games during the last playoffs and nothing to say, this Fizdale got screams I WANT HELP FROM REFS and got it while Pop is there like an autistic POS.
    The Porker replacement is taking too long and thats on him too, tonight he came back to the dribbling dribbling and the old man is fine with that, when some player is hot he sends the guy to the doghouse, whats his ing problem? Oh... he can do whatever he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously want to slap the out of him for that.

Preaches getting over oneself yet pulls this crap that no other coach would ever think of doing. Maybe they lose anyway, but they were put at a huge disadvantage just so he could emasculate the starters over a bad two-minute stretch. Holy what a ing got, seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky save us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those legacy contracts be it front office or team personnel are becoming hindrance nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A female I know told me last week, "Popovoch looks like he doesn't even care anymore or wants to be at the games.."
    He's ing 68. What 68 year old man gives a about anything?

He needs to retire already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporter: "Pop you think the game got out hand in the 3rd Qtr."

Pop: "Yeah, within a minute. After two whole turnovers and the lead ballooned to 9. Then went downhill from there. "

The ego on this got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought guys were losing confidence in the 3rd quarter. Being there live it was kind of relieving that we took them out. Our guys played hard and it was not going to go their way tonight. Fizdale did his job, he lit a fire under everyone in Memphis', wether or not the calls in game 2 were bad he made sure the players and the fans were pissed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never question CIA Pop you plebs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's thrown playoff games before, tbh... we'll see if somebody other than Timmy can save his bacon...
    Pop benched Tim during his career but he didnt care...He didnt say anything after Pop did it in 2013...Or against Dubs.

But this time, Pop's best player without saying a word let Pop down.

Pop expected Kawhi to take over after benching him? Well, he didnt want to take a single shot.

I wouldnt mess with Kawhi again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a caricature of himself at this point. I wouldn't oppose a Pop retirement now.

I'm praying that Carlisle gets tired of rebuilding every year and wants a new scene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop benched Tim during his career but he didnt care...He didnt say anything after Pop did it in 2013...Or against Dubs.

But this time, Pop's best player without saying a word let Pop down.

Pop expected Kawhi to take over after benching him? Well, he didnt want to take a single shot.

I wouldnt mess with Kawhi again...
    Nah this notion that Kawhi didn't shoot to get back at Pop is dumb. And if it was true it wouldn't be a good thing. He was way too passive, simple as that. He can't do that if he wants to be truly great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm praying that Carlisle gets tired of rebuilding every year and wants a new scene.
    Spurs wont have a new head coach until Pop retires. After that we can just pray for Carlisle...But PATFO will say "Who? Nah...Better Messina"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs wont have a new head coach until Pop retires. After that we can just pray for Carlisle...But PATFO will say "Who? Nah...Better Messina"
    Oh yeah...no doubt about not making a move before Pop decides to leave. i just hope it coincides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah this notion that Kawhi didn't shoot to get back at Pop is dumb. And if it was true it wouldn't be a good thing.
    No one says is a good thing. In fact, its a BIG issue. Bigger than a playoff loss on the road. And very worrisome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get benching all the starters but not kawhi...
    Pop never showed any nevermind to which starter he was benching. He coaches them all the same so they all feel just as liable/guilty/credible for things. It's worked, but it looks horrible during the manufacturing process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one says is a good thing. In fact, its a BIG issue. Bigger than a playoff loss on the road. And very worrisome
    It's not true though. Kawhi didn't become a passive aggressive protester overnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not true though. Kawhi didn't become a passive aggressive protester overnight.
    Well, I wouldnt blame him if he did.

Spurs lost game 2 against OKC in the 1st half when Pop benched all starters. Who knows if Kawhi is tired of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop never showed any nevermind to which starter he was benching. He coaches them all the same so they all feel just as liable/guilty/credible for things. It's worked, but it looks horrible during the manufacturing process.
    It worked because he had a top 5 player of all time. Who was also a big. Timmys dominance made Pop look like a Genius at times. Pop could do whatever he wanted and at the end of the day, the team was probably going to win. He had prime Duncan. And Manu and Parker. At the time I thought he was a great coach. But in hindsight, he just had better players. Like all the "great" coaches. I'll give him and the FO all the credit for finding the good players and putting a system in place. But give any other decent coach that lineup and they'd still have rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It worked because he had a top 5 player of all time. Who was also a big. Timmys dominance made Pop look like a Genius at times. Pop could do whatever he wanted and at the end of the day, the team was probably going to win. He had prime Duncan. And Manu and Parker. At the time I thought he was a great coach. But in hindsight, he just had better players. Like all the "great" coaches. I'll give him and the FO all the credit for finding the good players and putting a system in place. But give any other decent coach that lineup and they'd still have rings.
    That's revisionist history. Pop had Timmy but he also had Patty Mills and Danny Green and a fat Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson and a host of others who couldn't do anywhere else. You cannot say Timmy wasn't carried plenty times by his team.

You can blame Pop for his ups but you cannot strip him of all the credit for his wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah this notion that Kawhi didn't shoot to get back at Pop is dumb. And if it was true it wouldn't be a good thing. He was way too passive, simple as that. He can't do that if he wants to be truly great.
    KL wasn't mad at Pop, I think. He got upset when he'd never get the ball back from Tony after passing it to him. He'd stand there with his arms in the air wide open and Tony would drive into the paint and turn the ball over. It was like "if you want it Kawhi, take it but if you pass back you must not want it".

When KL went over Gasol for the dunk, that was not passive. The fact he couldn't get the ball for quite some time after was problematic. However Pop did call a timeout on the ensuing possession after the dunk, because Memphis scored and the score was 11-10, SA. That likely killed some of KL's fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's revisionist history. Pop had Timmy but he also had Patty Mills and Danny Green and a fat Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson and a host of others who couldn't do anywhere else. You cannot say Timmy wasn't carried plenty times by his team.

You can blame Pop for his ups but you cannot strip him of all the credit for his wins.
    I acknowledge that Pop was great at finding players that fit the system and molding them to maximize their efficiency. I'm just saying that he might not be a great in game coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I acknowledge that Pop was great at finding players that fit the system and molding them to maximize their efficiency. I'm just saying that he might not be a great in game coach.
    He also won more games than any other coach during that time.

Thread Information