Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le obviously, but what does the qualifying offer really do? Should we count on him returning?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we haven't rescinded it, we should expect his being back.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't the deadline to rescind yesterday?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still on vacation and not thinking about the Spurs right now.. I think he's going to play for his national team too so he probably won't be committed to the Spurs til August sometime

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still on vacation and not thinking about the Spurs right now.. I think he's going to play for his national team too so he probably won't be committed to the Spurs til August sometime
    I imagine insurance issues may influence his signing before the tournament.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't even think about that, good point. He will be back though.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still in Australia last I heard.
    I also haven't heard any rumors about the Spurs being worried, consequently I'm not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody will offer him anything in restricted free agency, expect him to sign the 1 year qualifying offer and be an unrestricted free agent next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping to hear something right before FIBA, as well.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insurance might be the only deadline, actually. Apart from that, the Spurs can't rescind their offer, so Baynes can wait as long as he wants for other offers before signing. In other words, from now on he can only get richer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it's a waiting game for another team to vie for his services. The Spurs have already indicated that they'll match any "reasonable" offer made to him from other teams, so that's keeping other teams away--pushing Baynes to go ahead and accept the 1 year qualifying offer, which of course, he'd rather not do.

I wish we'd just cut Baynes loose. He struggles on D and just isn't a polished offensive player by any measure. We'd be better off having an open roster spot and bringing someone like Cotton in to help in the back-up PG role while Patty is out, or to bringing in Thomas and seeing if he ever has a chance to make it with us. But I get it, Baynes is a good guy, and his connection as Patty's big brother and the toughness he brings to the team is something the Spurs want to hang onto. I just wish another team, like Philly and Brett Brown would get involved and take him off our hands guilt free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it's a waiting game for another team to vie for his services. The Spurs have already indicated that they'll match any "reasonable" offer made to him from other teams, so that's keeping other teams away--pushing Baynes to go ahead and accept the 1 year qualifying offer, which of course, he'd rather not do.

I wish we'd just cut Baynes loose. He struggles on D and just isn't a polished offensive player by any measure. We'd be better off having an open roster spot and bringing someone like Cotton in to help in the back-up PG role while Patty is out, or to bringing in Thomas and seeing if he ever has a chance to make it with us. But I get it, Baynes is a good guy, and his connection as Patty's big brother and the toughness he brings to the team is something the Spurs want to hang onto. I just wish another team, like Philly and Brett Brown would get involved and take him off our hands guilt free.
    Baynes is the big dog to throw out there against big teams. He's ok off the bench. Daye and Ayres should be cut loose.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to see Banger back with us. I am surprised that the Mav's didn't sign him as they
    pick up on some of our former big's. (Blair, Mahinmi )

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim Boylen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is a thread about Baynes, not Ayres or Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha ha ha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree. I am not sold on his talent like ST is and kind of hope some team goes and gives him $5 million over two years to give the spurs an out. Rather sign someone else or leave it open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes is the big dog to throw out there against big teams. He's ok off the bench. Daye and Ayres should be cut loose.
    him and Ayers weren't that far apart in terms of production only perception. Its not like the Spurs are going to pay $2.8 to 2 players to leave the team. He isn't much of an asset against against teams like Memphis. He fouls a ton, can't space the floor or defend like Diaw or Splitter and can't pass like either of them. Thats an odd reason to keep a player on a roster nowadays. Its not like Shaq is 27 and terrorizing the NBA again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE TOOK CARE OF BOONER ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insurance might be the only deadline, actually. Apart from that, the Spurs can't rescind their offer, so Baynes can wait as long as he wants for other offers before signing. In other words, from now on he can only get richer.
    This.

He'll be back. He's basically our 4th big now, so I don't think we'll let him walk unless another team offers over about $3mil. Even then we might trump whatever they offer as a 1yr deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone heard anything on Baynes yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knows. It's good fun watching Baynes terrorise others and knock them to the hardwood. Ayres on the other hand, I cringe anytime he is on the court. Keep Baynes, get rid of Ayres, no point keeping both around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball is in Aron's court. The Spurs can't force him to sign their offer.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aron's having fun at home. He'll come back and sign the contract and bob's yer uncle.

That's an Aussie thing, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Baynes back for sentimental reasons, even if I know it doesn't stack up logically or skill-wise. I'd say its good karma to bring everyone back for ring night, and I really do like that he ended Howard's career in LA!

Thread Information