Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    environmentalists want to appease the planet. You're welcome to tag alone.

BigOil, Kock Bros
    Sure. Was more of a question as to the motivation of TransCanada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Was more of a question as to the motivation of TransCanada
    the monstrous conservatives just lost the govt, so maybe the libruls will try to extract more royalties out of the tar sands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State Department Rejects TransCanada’s Request To Suspend Keystone XL’s Review

The State Department has turned down a request by Canadian oil company TransCanada to temporarily halt the review process for the Keystone XL pipeline, welcome news to environmental groups who are pushing for President Obama to reject the pipeline while he’s still in office.

“We’ve told TransCanada that the review process will continue,” State Department spokesman John Kirby said Wednesday. “The secretary believes that it’s most appropriate to keep that process in place,” he continued.

The decision comes a day after White House press secretary Josh Earnest called the request from TransCanada “unusual.”

“Given how long it’s taken, it seems unusual to me to suggest that somehow it should be paused yet again,” Earnest told reporters Tuesday.

“The State Department recognized TransCanada’s request for what is: a brazen political attempt to pause a process that long ago should have reached the inevitable conclusion that Keystone XL is a climate disaster and cannot be approved,” 350.org communications director Jamie Henn said in a statement. “

Now that he’s called TransCanada for delay of game, it’s time for President Obama to blow the whistle and end this pipeline once and for all.”

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...anada-request/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouts I'm loving all the solid articles you are providing, but as we both know the Demos suck the oil dong too.
    Maybe not as often and as long but....
    The BP *settlement* etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Obama playing chicken chess. He will wait until after the 2016 elections so it's not a campaign issue for democrats in congress and then kill the application while he is a lame duck. TransCanada was trying to delay the decision to the next President knowing Obama was going to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Obama playing chicken chess. He will wait until after the 2016 elections so it's not a campaign issue for democrats in congress and then kill the application while he is a lame duck. TransCanada was trying to delay the decision to the next President knowing Obama was going to them.
    Go Barry, BigOil and Kock Bros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will wait until after the 2016 elections so it's not a campaign issue for democrats in congress and then kill the application while he is a lame duck.
    How do you figure it will not be a campaign issue? Oil pigs are gonna run this on Faux News 24/7 as November approaches.

Barrys strategy is solid, given the opponent. Pugs don't wanna cooperate on anything.
    Barry could say 2 + 2 = 4 and Pugs would go on and on in *outrage*.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    41 states now under 2 bucks a gallon.
    Barry Barry Barry!
    http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    41 states now under 2 bucks a gallon.
    Barry Barry Barry!
    http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

@ giving Bo credit for low gas prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be a ing lightweight. That's called effective politics. You just don't like it. And why would TransCanada think they'd have better luck with another president, Hilary's already come out against it. Oh I forgot, you're calling a Biden/Warren ticket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be a ing lightweight. That's called effective politics. You just don't like it. And why would TransCanada think they'd have better luck with another president, Hilary's already come out against it. Oh I forgot, you're calling a Biden/Warren ticket
    Yeah, Biden chickened out. Too bad. He could have beaten Hillary.

As for the pipeline, it's pretty much a dead issue anyway. With oil prices where they are there won't be any oil sands oil to put in it anyway. It's too expensive to produce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Biden chickened out. Too bad. He could have beaten Hillary
    I don't know if he would have beaten Hillary...but he certainly would have split the Hillary vote....perhaps, wishful thinking, opening the door for a Bernie Sanders nomination...Biden is DNC...he's not gonna risk Sanders-Trump...or Sanders-? in 2016

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eROI of tar sands was always a fool's game, quite apart from the barrel price, and of course totally independent of the external costs of pollution and disease that BigOil never pays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/us...-pipeline.html

wrong about everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eROI of tar sands was always a fool's game, quite apart from the barrel price, and of course totally independent of the external costs of pollution and disease that BigOil never pays.
    True dat...they have almost daily small earthquakes in south SA now....and when your foundation shifts or your well dries up...who you gonna call?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ giving Bo credit for low gas prices.
    Yeah, because that never happens: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-rom...gh-gas-prices/

By LUCY MADISON CBS NEWS March 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
    Mitt Romney: Obama to blame for high gas prices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Obama open door policy on fracking helped with prices being low today....but long-term, with all these well sitting idol...who knows?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Obama open door policy on fracking helped with prices being low today....but long-term, with all these well sitting idol...who knows?
    Barry/EPA/BLM must block mining and drilling on federal parks and lands

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd train derails in 2 days - at least 18,000 gallons spilled into Mississippi River

http://www.startribune.com/more-than...ent/343246062/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    2nd train derails in 2 days - at least 18,000 gallons spilled into Mississippi River

http://www.startribune.com/more-than...ent/343246062/
    We're going to have some pretty drunk fish!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After White House Rejects Keystone XL, Battle Against Larger Texas Pipeline Intensifies

If a couple of billionaires get their way, a 143-mile-long, 42-inch high pressure natural gas transmission pipeline will be built right through the heart of Texas' starkly beautiful and remote Chihuahuan desert. Plans are currently in the works for the pipeline, which would be larger in diameter than the infamous Keystone XL.

Although it has garnered far less media attention than the Keystone XL, this West Texas project has already sparked a massive grassroots resistance movement that has unified ranchers, Tea-Partiers, artists, environmentalists and the vast majority of the residents in this starkly populated corner of the country.

Texas billionaire Kelcy Warren, the head of the Dallas pipeline company Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) which now boasts former Texas governor Rick Perry on its board of directors, and Carlos Slim of Mexico, who is reportedly the second-richest person on earth, are the core partners behind the Trans-Pecos pipeline project.

The aim of the pipeline is to deliver natural gas from Texas to Mexico, where it is in high demand.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...ne-intensifies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TransCanada formally seeks NAFTA damages in Keystone XL rejection

TransCanada Corp is formally requesting arbitration over U.S. President Barack Obama's rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline, seeking $15 billion in damages, the company said in legal papers dated Friday.

TransCanada submitted a notice for an arbitration claim in January and had then tried to negotiate with the U.S. government to "reach an amicable settlement," the company said in files posted on the pipeline's website.

"Unfortunately, ;lol the parties were unable to settle the dispute."

TransCanada said it then filed its formal arbitration request under North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provisions, seeking to recover what it says are costs and damages.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tr...2F+Top+News%29

That's US taxpayers' $15B that BigOil is demanding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keystone XL Pipeline May Never Be Completed Due To A Lack Of Customers

it still needs approval from the Nebraska Public Service Commission, which is scheduled to take up the matter later this year.

TransCanada is busy beating the bushes, trying to drum up business for its proposed pipeline.

Under the best of cir stances, the pipeline won’t be moving any oil before the year 2020.

The oil industry is in flux at this moment.

The demand for oil isn’t going to disappear any time soon, but the market is being roiled by the advent of electric cars and renewable energy.

Finding customers who are willing to sign up for oil shipments in 2020 may be harder than originally thought.

how ironic would it be that the thing that finally drives a stake through the heart of this abomination is simply that there are not enough customers to make it commercially viable.

That’s something not even the Tweeter In Chief can change in 142 characters or less.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/08/01/keystone-xl-pipeline-may-never-completed-due-lack-customers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+IM-cleantechnica+%28CleanTechnica%29

Would any of you BigOil koolaid drinkers here, reeking of aromatic hydrocarbons out of every orifice, like to comment?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keystone XL pipeline fate in balance as Nebraska opens hearings

Nebraska regulators will hear final arguments for and against TransCanada Corp’s (TRP.TO) proposed Keystone XL pipeline this week before deciding whether to approve its route later this year, the last big hurdle for the long-delayed project after President Donald Trump gave it federal approval.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...e=domesticNews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information