Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think youre just looking at his size. Mbah Moute doesnt have anywhere near his athleticism, motor, agility, ect.

I see him as a Rodman/ Draymond type player. Hes further ahead offensively than Draymond was when Draymond was drafted.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...an-Oregon.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I heard the French kid is out with possible career ending disease (JJ) I feel for the kid to get so close and to have it all taken away in mere minutes..Very Sad.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I heard the French kid is out with possible career ending disease (JJ) I feel for the kid to get so close and to have it all taken away in mere minutes..Very Sad.....
    Gamble on him if he's available at 59. Isaiah Austin has been cleared and is in Europe playing professionally.

https://clutchpoints.com/potential-f...ding-to-agent/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft luke kennard. Best player out of duke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft luke kennard. Best player out of duke.
    He won't be available at 29.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't be available at 29.
    Mock i saw had him at 30

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mock i saw had him at 30
    Most of his scheduled workouts are for teams between 6 and 12.... I like him but that's to high for him imo...but it is what it is..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I can't wait until the 22nd there are so many options this year I don't have a particular horse in this draft so much talent. I still hope the Spurs are able to trade or buy out a high second round pick from someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone heard of this guy?

I saw him play a couple of times. He is the kind of guy coaches love - especially at the college level. He is a tough Jack-of-all-trades type.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him play a couple of times. He is the kind of guy coaches love - especially at the college level. He is a tough Jack-of-all-trades type.
    His position is all over the place, from combo guard to combo forward. And his big games came against lottery candidate Josh Jackson to banging in the post against Swanigan. He presents that Bonzi Wells type of matchup problem, and will do well for a team requiring versatility and toughness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His position is all over the place, from combo guard to combo forward. And his big games came against lottery candidate Josh Jackson to banging in the post against Swanigan. He presents that Bonzi Wells type of matchup problem, and will do well for a team requiring versatility and toughness.
    Things the Spurs could absolutely use, but I think they need playmaking and shooting even more.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 29 our range 1) Semi Ojeleye 2) Tony Bradley 3) Jonathan Motley 4) Ivan Rabb 5) Frank Jackson

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Kevin Pelton fan.
    Taking the top 28 on Ford's Big Board out of consideration, then applying Pelton's WARP, at 29:
    #3 Monte Morris
    #8 Josh Hart
    #10 Jeremy Morgan
    #11 Aleksandar Vezenkov
    #14 Derrick Walton Jr.
    #15-22,24,26 missing on the non-Insider list I found which implies they are not on Ford's Big Board
    #27 Luke Kornet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Pelton at all. Sorry Drom, but I don't think his numbers track well. We'll see if he's right on Murray, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Collins
    Donovan Mitc
    DJ Wilson
    Jordan Bell

Ojeleye
    Anunoby
    Oliver
    Hart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Fultz?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has tremendous upside. Love the way he outplayed Josh Jackson. But from his style, it's hard to tell that he's actually a quiet introvert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy who I think I'd be happy for in the first round is Sterling Brown.

His weaknesses don't seem crippling or disqualifying. More like explanations as to why he'll be a solid role player and nothing more. And I'm okay with that.

Kind of like a better shooting young PJ Tucker. If you could get that on a rookie deal, that's a nice bench wing and useful guy.

Another guy I've watched some games on is Luca Vildoza, pg from Argentina.

Slim chance to ever make the league. Terrible defender, but nobody in the Liga Nacional plays and defense. Prone to really dumb passes and turnovers late in games.

But he has NBA range, plays a good pick and roll, and has some creative and risky 'Manu-passes'. Pretty good handle, entertaining.

Probably not any more of nba athlete than Lapprovittola is.

Already has a deal with Baskonia and I guess will be playing there for awhile. So he's a stash guy for 59. Not likely though because he probably doesn't have better than a 5% chance of making it. But I think I like his chances better than some American second rounders of the last 10 years. Just a fun player.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow Deonte Burton just blew me away. Next Draymond in the right system imo. He's like the perfect big in the modern NBA. I'd definitely take him with the one. and then Kadeem Allen with 2nd. You get two versatile defenders that are tough on both sides of the ball.

MAN I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow Deonte Burton just blew me away. Next Draymond in the right system imo. He's like the perfect big in the modern NBA. I'd definitely take him with the one. and then Kadeem Allen with 2nd. You get two versatile defenders that are tough on both sides of the ball.

MAN I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM.
    Burton is more combo guard than big man despite weighing in at 250lbs with near 7' wingspan. He was forced to play power forward for the Cyclones only because they severely lacked size. Just look at his handles, playmaking and outside shooting in this video:

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burton is more combo guard than big man despite weighing in at 250lbs with near 7' wingspan. He was forced to play power forward for the Cyclones only because they severely lacked size. Just look at his handles, playmaking and outside shooting in this video:

Dude, this guy can literally play one through 5. Would love to see how he'd play Draymond. He's more Draymond than Draymond.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locked On Podcast network had their mock draft, and the Locked On Spurs podcast, which I don't listen to as I have no use for it like other Spurs related media sites, did something that made me shake my head

After talking up the need for help next to Aldridge and that big man defensive and offensive presence as the biggest need, Locked On Spurs selected ... Caleb Swanigan. The perfect defensive presence and who would be a dream come true as a Spur. Huh? The guy who defends nobody, and especially nobody on pick and rolls, is now the dream guy to upgrade the Spurs defense.

Good Lord I can not stand these Spurs related sites and their nonsense, I feel they always make Spurs fans look bad or offer such trash.

For instance, Sam Vecenie on his podcast Game Theory had Tynan from RealGM in a baffling appearance full of rambles and occasional incoherence that left me feeling embarrassed for both him and the listeners. In one several minutes long ramble Tynan began by talking about how he felt the league was much more compe ive as far as le contenders against Golden State go than many people would believe, only to later in the very same run-on paragraph of verbiage list the star players for GS and then declare them unbeatable.

I felt bad for him and Spurs fans who listen to him to get their info. Every other team coverage rep I've heard on Vecenie's podcast has been so much more informed and informative, and broken down everything including hypotheticals for the offseason so much better than the Spurs guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locked On Podcast network had their mock draft, and the Locked On Spurs podcast, which I don't listen to as I have no use for it like other Spurs related media sites, did something that made me shake my head

After talking up the need for help next to Aldridge and that big man defensive and offensive presence as the biggest need, Locked On Spurs selected ... Caleb Swanigan. The perfect defensive presence and who would be a dream come true as a Spur. Huh? The guy who defends nobody, and especially nobody on pick and rolls, is now the dream guy to upgrade the Spurs defense.

Good Lord I can not stand these Spurs related sites and their nonsense, I feel they always make Spurs fans look bad or offer such trash.
    You know what's even worse than that? The Spurs actually selecting Swanigan with pick 29. It's not beyond RC to do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what's even worse than that? The Spurs actually selecting Swanigan with pick 29. It's not beyond RC to do that.
    Oh, I get that, I'm prepared for it.

But at least provide solid context. In that mock guys like Bell, White, and Evans were off the board. So I could understand the sell job of, "Hey, all these other guys were gone. Swanigan has HUGE defensive issues, and probably couldn't even stay on the floor against Golden State in the playoffs. Not just as a rookie, but ever. A huge huge problem on defense, but you have to believe in the youth, length, and offensive potential."

Do that, don't sell him as a defensive upgrade or a defensive presence. It's absurd beyond belief. His combined blocks and steals per 40 is only 1.5, a devastatingly low number. There's one other NCAA big in the top 45 of the DX mock who is lower, Markannen, and every one else is at minimum 2.0 and most vastly more.

The red flags are massive, and to not at least acknowledge that is about what I expect from Spurs-covering media. Lack of context.

Thread Information