Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, I guess to make the circle complete, there was still another incident in February 2002, which resulted in a double technical and ejections for each. It actually started with after Parker was fouled by Rasho (then a T'Wolf). Parker walked away but bumped Garnett, who then pushed Parker from behind. Duncan interceded with words towards Garnett and the official (I'm almost 100% sure it was Luis Grillo) gave a T to both Duncan and Garnett. There were more words shortly thereafter and each was ejected.

So, there are 3 Duncan/Garnett incidents: one that was just words and went nowhere; another that was the spin-off of a Joe Smith/David Robinson shoving match, with Garnett laying some sissy slap to Duncan's head from behind; and a third that involved Garnett shoving Tony Parker (pattern continues) only to get pissed that Tim Duncan actually came to Parker's defense.

By the way, Duncan's team has won each game in which those confrontations have occurred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, I guess to make the circle complete, there was still another incident in February 2002, which resulted in a double technical and ejections for each. It actually started with after Parker was fouled by Rasho (then a T'Wolf). Parker walked away but bumped Garnett, who then pushed Parker from behind. Duncan interceded with words towards Garnett and the official (I'm almost 100% sure it was Luis Grillo) gave a T to both Duncan and Garnett. There were more words shortly thereafter and each was ejected.
    That's the one that I was actually looking for the video of earlier. I couldn't remember what year that was.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thanks for posting this. It was in BBall central recently. funny how Garnett waits until Tim turns his back on him to slap him on the head. wait, that's his modus operandi, isn't it? From what was said the other time it was posted, KG tucked tail and ran out of there before TD or any Spur could retaliate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, that 2002 ejection of Duncan was rescinded by the league.

A day after Tim Duncan's first ever ejection (in a Spurs victory over the Timberwolves), the ejection was rescinded by the league, reports Johnny Ludden of the San Antonio Express News. Duncan will not have to pay the $1,000 fine that goes with being ejected from a game. He and Kevin Garnett were both tossed from the game in the third quarter after they twice engaged in a verbal altercation that started after Garnett pushed Spur Tony Parker in the back. Garnett, whose ejection was not rescinded, cussed at Duncan, who responded by saying "You're tripping, man" and then walking away after the first technical. He was tossed when he turned around after continued abuse from Garnett.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garnett, whose ejection was not rescinded, cussed at Duncan, who responded by saying "You're tripping, man" ...
    Bad behavior by Tim Duncan

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, Duncan's team has won each game in which those confrontations have occurred.
    No surprise there. Duncan speaks loudest with his game.

With the history it's amazing to me that Duncan and Garnett work together for adidas. They don't seem close, but there does seem to be mutual respect, at least in what we've been allowed to see. I guess it's business, they're both paid to represent the brand and they're both professionals.

The game incidents can be written off as heat of the moment, but if the Mother's Day story is true it's pretty amazing that Duncan, or anyone, could let a comment like that be forgotten. His mother's death impacted him greatly, I don't see him taking a comment like that in stride. Maybe Garnett apologized at a later time, maybe they both agreed to let it go.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan could annihilate a got like Garnett if he wanted to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was during the 2001-2002 season. Garnett went after TP....TD stepped in or something. I don't remember. But he went after Parker first, because Parker is smaller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was during the 2001-2002 season. Garnett went after TP....TD stepped in or something. I don't remember. But he went after Parker first, because Parker is smaller.
    Yeah it was February 2002, FromWayDowntown mentioned that in this thread. But there were also the other incidents in the 1999 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Admiral was a big dude, he was about to bury Joe Smith...poor guy

if David didn't always smile he'd be a scary guy, he's in huge

but KG is a , I never liked him

Timmy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KG

he is INFINITELY better than KG in all aspects, except maybe the chest pounding type of emotion, Timmy has the fist pump...which the NBA has seen much more of than the chest pounding, for OBVIOUS REASONS

4x

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally forgot about that whole Mother's day thing. Well I wonder how the first game between the spurs and celts will be like. I wonder if KG will try any of his class antics on the Spurs since he's the champ now for once in his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which game was it in which Manu stared down KG with that "prepare to die" glare?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's answer to this asshole was great: shut up and win !!

here's another good answer: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4ZbGmnmao

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously hate Garnett. I think he is the biggest piece of in the league. Why did I cheer for them in the Finals? I still have no idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously hate Garnett. I think he is the biggest piece of in the league. Why did I cheer for them in the Finals? I still have no idea.
    Same reason we all did

because our hatred towards the Lakers is much DEEPER
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen DRob go towards dudes before. He got kicked in the head by Malone once too. Dave always intimidated folks, notice Joe Smith I think it was.. he wasn't so riled up with Dave heading his direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garnett is a punk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Admiral was a muscular teddy bear though

he always had that big ass smile from ear to ear

my hero

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen DRob go towards dudes before. He got kicked in the head by Malone once too.
    Malone's another delight.

I've got Duncan with a Malone kick, Robinson with the elbow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone's another delight.

I've got Duncan with a Malone kick, Robinson with the elbow.

How the did he "acciedently" kick Timmy in the face?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember seeing Duncan and Garnett both walking to their bench and KG bumping into TD

TD just turns back and stares at him as he walks away

anyone recall this? It was a few years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG is trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing total piece of KG is. (He is total s and deserves to die in a fire if that Mother's Day story is true)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is some more KG thuggery:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Bonner throw KG again in a Spurs uniform.

Thread Information