Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    Was funny watching Conor get ed up good though
    Yeah, I saw a preview and all the smack talking made me want to watch it. Not sure if they'll ever fight again, Connor might not have what it takes to fight at that weight

Post Count
    Well what is that old saying? "That is why they play the games" Jesus Christ!!

Miesha/Holly- Holly, outside of the 2nd round I thought was performing fairly well. Miesha obviously took the strategy of making Holly come to her, and be patient with TD chances. I thought that by the 3rd round, Holly had made the adjustment and was picking her apart pretty good. But Miesha had that last ditched effort and sunk in that choke. Well done. Going forward the UFC has a problem in that, Miesha/Ronda is still all Ronda. Miesha needs to outgrapple her and she simply can't..

Conor/Nate- Well Conor has some holes in his game. I thought he had Nate going real good in the 1st and looked to me like Nate was in trouble in the 2nd, but that big left changed the fight. Conor's ground game looked awful ty, and that has been a knock on him in the past. 3 losses all by submission.. GSP was in attendance and rumors were running wild, it would be GSP/Conor at UFC 200.. Yikes!!! Is Dana okay????

Post Count
    Dos Anjos would have KILLED Conor.
    That fight to me needs to be completely off the table. I know he is big for the weight class, but Conor/Frankie is the fight for him next at FW..

Post Count
    Dana White on suicide watch
    Not sure GSP has been in the building since he split 2 years ago.. Conor losing I think spoiled some plans..

Can't fight on the ground, no chance in MMA. You'll eventually get got by a true MMA tactician.

Post Count
    Can't fight on the ground, no chance in MMA. You'll eventually get got by a true MMA tactician.
    Shows you how truly special the all time greats are..

GSP
    Anderson
    Jones
    Fedor

These guys could do it all..

Believe.
    Post Count
    Shows you how truly special the all time greats are..

GSP
    Anderson
    Jones
    Fedor

These guys could do it all..
    Also shows you how women's MMA still has ways to go. All of them have a lot of work to do. Even Joanna is one dimensional as .

Believe.
    Post Count
    Conor started to believe his own , he was way too overconfident. Had he been focused I don't think he'd have taken all these punches, he had Nate pretty lit up.

Post Count
    Also shows you how women's MMA still has ways to go. All of them have a lot of work to do. Even Joanna is one dimensional.

In spite of the loss I do think Holly is pretty well rounded.. Miesha is too.. But that consistent level of high compe ion is just not there. However Ronda's emergence as that superstar was the game changer. Women's MMA will be pretty stacked IMO 5 years from now..

Well, actually this fight was pretty much without consequences for Conor. If he wins, he's incredible cuz he proves he can beat dudes twice his size, and if he loses, he doesn't lose his le and he has the excuse that the other guy was way bigger. His media momentum will be slowed though true.
    Connor has been feasting on midget like Mendes (who can't handle his power) & isn't a true 145 (he drains himself to make weight). The bully fights a man bigger than him & he can't handle the power when he gets the taste of his own medicine (he was able to hurt Diaz so he didn't lack of power, just an iron chin).

Rafael dos Anjos is basically the same size as Connor (they have a similar frame) & he man handled Diaz but folks are now claiming Dos Anjos is too big when Connor has a 3" reach advantage.

Post Count
    Conor started to believe his own , he was way too overconfident. Had he been focused I don't think he'd have taken all these punches, he had Nate pretty lit up.
    I thought the KO would come in the 2nd, and it looked like it would. But he got nailed with a big left and it turned the whole fight.. Crazy!!

Dude was trying to get his Anderson Silva/Roy Jones on & ended up getting GOT!

Silva/Roy only got caught after they were past their primes not at their peak like that Irish fraud Conner.

Post Count
    Connor has been feasting on midget like Mendes (who can't handle his power) & isn't a true 145 (he drains himself to make weight). The bully fights a man bigger than him & he can't handle the power when he gets the taste of his own medicine (he was able to hurt Diaz so he didn't lack of power, just an iron chin).

Rafael dos Anjos is basically the same size as Connor (they have a similar frame) & he man handled Diaz but folks are now claiming Dos Anjos is too big when Connor has a 3" reach advantage.
    I will say this. Conor did not show that he deals well with adversity. He looked like a front runner tonight, that is only comfortable when he is in charge..

Post Count
    Best part of the night for me was the Jones/DC preview interview.. Intense as .. Can't ing wait!!!

I will say this. Conor did not show that he deals well with adversity. He looked like a front runner tonight, that is only comfortable when he is in charge..
    He's the perfect definition of a person with a BULLY mentality. Mendes had his ass huffing & puffing but couldn't handle his power b/c he's a midget.

Post Count
    He's the perfect definition of a person with a BULLY mentality. Mendes had his ass huffing & puffing but couldn't handle his power b/c he's a midget.
    He did not deal with it well tonight. If you are going to talk that level of trash, you need to be prepared to get bloody, and fight through anything. When that fight hit the ground and he was getting punched, he looked defeated and ready to tap..

Best part of the night for me was the Jones/DC preview interview.. Intense as .. Can't ing wait!!!
    DC is going to get his ass kicked like BJ Penn in the GSP rematch.

He did not deal with it well tonight. If you are going to talk that level of trash, you need to be prepared to get bloody, and fight through anything. When that fight hit the ground and he was getting punched, he looked defeated and ready to tap..
    He tapped out instead of going to sleep on the mat b/c he knew it would end up being a meme after he failed to backup his smack talk.

Post Count
    DC is going to get his ass kicked like BJ Penn in the GSP rematch.
    I think Jones is the GOAT!! But he needs to keep his together and focus on his legacy. At 28 his peak is now.. Don't throw it away Jon..

Post Count
    He tapped out instead of going to sleep on the mat b/c he knew it would end up being a meme after he failed to backup his smack talk.
    His ground game is TBH..

Believe.
    Post Count
    In spite of the loss I do think Holly is pretty well rounded.. Miesha is too.. But that consistent level of high compe ion is just not there. However Ronda's emergence as that superstar was the game changer. Women's MMA will be pretty stacked IMO 5 years from now..
    Well Holly didn't show on the ground today, she got handled like a ragdoll. I'm not saying they all are totally one dimensional though, what I meant is:
    - Holly has a lot of work to do on her ground game, she can't keep simply trying to avoid it
    - Miesha just as well because she risks getting manhandled again by Ronda
    - Joanna is still just a (very good) muay thai fighter
    - and Ronda of course has to learn how to box, she looked like the biggest fool last time.

None of them are elite well rounded fighters. Miesha is the most well rounded of all of them but I wouldn't call her elite at anything.

I agree though, 5 or 10 years from now we'll see chicks who have grown up watching today's fights and training MMA from the start. The media is going overboard with female MMA right now, but let's agree that these female fights are entertaining as well.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Conor got hurt and when it was time to throw the pretty stuff out and get dirty he could not. Survive and find a way to win. That's what a guy with 11 days to prepare did to win. This sport is more than just pretending to be unbeatable. In the long run this could be very good for McGregor. This kind of experience could make him better depending on how his giant head processes the beat down. The guy is still very good for the sport. He will get all the help and time he needs. White might not allow him to be himself and venture out of the playground again however.

Conor got hurt and when it was time to throw the pretty stuff out and get dirty he could not. Survive and find a way to win. That's what a guy with 11 days to prepare did to win. This sport is more than just pretending to be unbeatable. In the long run this could be very good for McGregor. This kind of experience could make him better depending on how his giant head processes the beat down. The guy is still very good for the sport. He will get all the help and time he needs. White might not allow him to be himself and venture out of the playground again however.
    The issue was Conor fought a guy he couldn't bully & drop with one shot.#sizematters

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    The issue was Conor fought a guy he couldn't bully & drop with one shot.#sizematters
    Putting # doesn't do anything, re . This isn't twitter

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yes but he could have won anyway fighting smart and getting dirty.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-06-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information