Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a better idea of what she was saying. I agree.
    Lol she's bat crazy

smh about needing Christian god in our public schools. She sounds like a southern baptist preacher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And rofl at her praying for lightning to strike down the wiccan.

Of course, the Bible does command that witches get s ches so there's that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    culturally, this is undoubtedly a christian nation
    bull . It's a secular society that is, thanks to Christian Puritans (nasty people), deathly afraid of a female nipple. Christian Taliban theocrats are pushing hard, LYING non-stop that America was founded by Christians, for Christians, and that God loves America first. It's ALL BULL .

I don't want a dollar of my property taxes wasted as vouchers to Christian indoctrination scam schools. If Christians want their kids indoctrinated in Christian bull schools, they pay their own full freight.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And rofl at her praying for lightning to strike down the wiccan.

Of course, the Bible does command that witches get s ches so there's that
    That was a joke. So you laughed at her joke. Well played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol she's bat crazy

smh about needing Christian god in our public schools. She sounds like a southern baptist preacher
    It was great how her crazy ass said that it was the muslim's 1st Amendment right to pray too, huh? What a loon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a line between culture and government: culturally, this is undoubtedly a christian nation, but the government is secular. That's exactly how this country was founded, with separation of church and state.

Some people want to blur that line, or conflate those two aspects, but that's not how it works. If you're in government, making government decisions, you need to leave faith at the door. When you go home, you can reacquaint yourself with your deity.
    I agree that US never wanted to have the government pay for churches, like in Europe. But I don't think any of them meant to take God in every sense of the word out of every government establishment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want a dollar of my property taxes wasted as vouchers to Christian indoctrination scam schools. If Christians want their kids indoctrinated in Christian bull schools, they pay their own full freight.
    How does other people's property tax equate to being your property tax?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does other people's property tax equate to being your property tax?
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pray that she gets nailed to a cross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great how her crazy ass said that it was the muslim's 1st Amendment right to pray too, huh? What a loon.
    oh so you just want to focus on the ok stuff she said but not the crazy stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I want faith as far away as possible from decision-making, and she strikes me as a person that could never do that.

IMO, religion is personal. I respect and defend your right to believe whatever you want. From Xenu to the Bible. Whatever works for you, whatever lets you sleep at night.

But once you step into a position that affects a whole lot of people, I want decisions to be made based on facts, science and whatever is good for all those people, and not on the Bible or whatever else magical devices.
    I generally agree with all that other than assuming she is a whack job. She may be but I don't get that just from the video.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, this is still largely a Christian nation. The whole victim/persecution angle is demagoguery at it's finest.
    Dems have their War on Women, Republicans have their War on Christmas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems have their War on Women
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bull . It's a secular society
    No it's not. Over 70% of the population deem themselves Christian. They might be good, not so good, bad Christians, but culturally, that means this is largely a Christian nation.

The fight is over government, which was undoubtedly founded as a secular en y. This whole discussion is over 200 years old, you can go back to the 1794 Treaty of Tripoli and you already have Christians complaining of Art 11 there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that US never wanted to have the government pay for churches, like in Europe. But I don't think any of them meant to take God in every sense of the word out of every government establishment.
    The First Amendment makes clear religion freedom is an individual right. It's clear that government at any level picking one deity over another creates inherent barriers to that right, which is why separation of church and state is explicitly denoted.

Your follow a line of thought that some religious people follow, and that is, "well, they were largely christian, so, wink-wink". IMO, that's not correct and Jefferson (Thomas, not Richard) was fairly explicit on Man & God and keeping the state out of that relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I generally agree with all that other than assuming she is a whack job. She may be but I don't get that just from the video.
    May be an unfair video to judge her by, but it's all I have. Frankly, I felt I needed a shower after watching that.

Dems have their War on Women, Republicans have their War on Christmas.
    Marketing names for war on social conservatism, which IMO, needs to die in a fire. I like some things on the economic side of conservatism, but very little on the social agenda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be an unfair video to judge her by, but it's all I have. Frankly, I felt I needed a shower after watching that.
    Meh, a Christian talking to other Christians about Christianity doesn't bother me. She even mentions that Muslims rights. It's that hair that bothers me.

I'd have to hear more to decide she was a nutter. Huckabee didn't bother me until I heard him telling a deer hunting story to an NRA group and he said God guided his bullet to the buck.

Marketing names for war on social conservatism, which IMO, needs to die in a fire. I like some things on the economic side of conservatism, but very little on the social agenda.
    Catering to the Evangelical base is killing the GOP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. Over 70% of the population deem themselves Christian. They might be good, not so good, bad Christians, but culturally, that means this is largely a Christian nation.
    The people might call themselves so-called Christians, but the govt is secular, top to bottom, except where Christians are putting their Christian HATE, morals, ethics into law.

Religion in the United States (2014)[1]
    Protestant (37%)
    Catholic (23%)
    Mormon (2%)
    Other Christian (10%)
    Jewish (2%)
    Other (6%)
    None (16%)
    No answer (4%)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio..._United_States

Protestants, esp Confederate Southern Baptists and other rural asshole Christians. I got no problem with any of them, except EVERY ONE OF THEM who wants to install their flavor of Protestant cult as the official religion of the USA, state, city, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, a Christian talking to other Christians about Christianity doesn't bother me.
    It wouldn't me either except that she's running for office and talking about putting her one true god back in public schools because sorry Mr Obama.....this country is a Christian country gawddammit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As atheism has taken on more of a religious status in its own right, perhaps it would be better to contrast and compare religions in school, and let the cards fall where they may. It is not about picking a side, but rather what is the position of each en y.

After all, isn't that the function of school? To disseminate knowledge? Avoiding issues of religion when we live in a world that is mostly controlled by religion is tantamount to sticking your head in the sand regarding global issues. This would not violate the popular interpretation of church and state as it would not support one faith over another. To not allow anything in and of itself does support one belief over the rest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As atheism has taken on more of a religious status in its own right, perhaps it would be better to contrast and compare religions in school, and let the cards fall where they may. It is not about picking a side, but rather what is the position of each en y.
    Religion should be a mandatory class from middle school on. Same goes for personal finance/economics. The two things that will have the largest impact on a persons life are either not taught or deemed optional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which religions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion should be a mandatory class from middle school on. Same goes for personal finance/economics. The two things that will have the largest impact on a persons life are either not taught or deemed optional.
    smh forcing religion on kids. .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh forcing religion on kids. .
    Classes on the fundamental beliefs of major religions and the different denominations of those religions would be helpful for kids to understand the world around them.

Thread Information