Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he'd fit well between Mills/Joseph and Anderson off the bench. Second unit's going to need scoring. If the Spurs can somehow grab Vaughn and get a big like Holmes in the second (trading up with cash), it would be a huge coup.
    I'm really interested to see if the Spurs move Mills for an early second rounder/ late first round pick, and resign Cojo. Guess that depends on how much they like Cojo going forward and the player they are targeting.

Jonathan or Rashaun Holmes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really interested to see if the Spurs move Mills for an early second rounder/ late first round pick, and resign Cojo. Guess that depends on how much they like Cojo going forward and the player they are targeting.

I have thought the same thing with Mills. I think a trade of Mills for a pick would signal a commitment to going after Aldridge. Mills is a reasonably priced player that should draw decent interest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually really liking JP Tokoto. He is a 6'6" SG that would look real nice paired with with Leonard on the wing. He has a 6' 10" wing span and a 40" vert. He also shot 38% from 3 last year. I think he is a kid that could replace Danny" defensively they will be very similar. Offensively he might not be as good a shooter yet, but he is much better finisher at the rim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQRhgCbznk

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/J.P.-Tokoto-6285/

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually really liking JP Tokoto. He is a 6'6" SG that would look real nice paired with with Leonard on the wing. He has a 6' 10" wing span and a 40" vert. He also shot 38% from 3 last year. I think he is a kid that could replace Danny" defensively they will be very similar. Offensively he might not be as good a shooter yet, but he is much better finisher at the rim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQRhgCbznk

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/J.P.-Tokoto-6285/
    I really like this kid too. I think it would be cool to see the Spurs get a couple prospects like him and Vaughn or Hunter and let them duke it out with maybe Marco and Ginobili, kinda like we did with the backup pg spot we had a couple years ago with Cory, Patty, and Nando. Worked out pretty well. Also, Tokoto has the length to play 3 so he's versatile.

I really don't want to invest 10+ million for a guy like Green. That kind of money could be better spent elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like this kid too. I think it would be cool to see the Spurs get a couple prospects like him and Vaughn or Hunter and let them duke it out with maybe Marco and Ginobili, kinda like we did with the backup pg spot we had a couple years ago with Cory, Patty, and Nando. Worked out pretty well. Also, Tokoto has the length to play 3 so he's versatile.

I really don't want to invest 10+ million for a guy like Green. That kind of money could be better spent elsewhere.
    If the Spurs are targeting him then they are most likely trading down to pick up an extra pick. Most mocks have him going in the top half of the 2nd round. Although I have seen mocks where the Spurs take him at 26 and one where they take him at 55. I think 26 is too soon, but doubt he is actually there at 55.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have thought the same thing with Mills. I think a trade of Mills for a pick would signal a commitment to going after Aldridge. Mills is a reasonably priced player that should draw decent interest.
    Hard thing is to figure out which team could be interested. Minnesota has the 31st and 36th pick. I'd be cool with Mills for the 31st pick. They have a weird roster. 6 guys (including their pick this year) are on rookie deals and 5 more are vets (KG, Pek, Rubio, Martin, Budinger).

Rashard Vaugh at 26 and a international prospect like De Paula, Hernagomez, or Luwawu at 31 would be a pretty good draft (even though Hernagomez is probably 2 or 3 years away from the NBA)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX updated mock has RJ Hunter falling to the Spurs. Given his versatile playmaking and shot-making ability, he'd be a no-brainer at #26. Having said that, Hunter is getting talked about in the teens and is unlikely to fall to the Spurs. I trust DX, but I don't see this coming to fruition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has moved George de Paula all the way up to the end of the first round in their mock. It'll be interesting to see if the Spurs consider drafting him now that he's within their range.

EDIT: He's back down to 41.
    You may have been seeing a cached page. He started in the late first round, but has been at 41 since. He may get a little bump after adidas eurocamp this week.
    He's now at #45. It's one sites opinion, but he doesn't seem to be rising post-camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard thing is to figure out which team could be interested. Minnesota has the 31st and 36th pick. I'd be cool with Mills for the 31st pick. They have a weird roster. 6 guys (including their pick this year) are on rookie deals and 5 more are vets (KG, Pek, Rubio, Martin, Budinger).

Rashard Vaugh at 26 and a international prospect like De Paula, Hernagomez, or Luwawu at 31 would be a pretty good draft (even though Hernagomez is probably 2 or 3 years away from the NBA)

FWIW, DX pulled Luwawu from their 2015 mock draft and put him in 2016. I haven't seen confirmation that he officially pulled out, but that'd be one less international option this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's now at #45. It's one sites opinion, but he doesn't seem to be rising post-camp.
    De Paul has barely cracked the the Draft Net mock. They didn't have him for most of the year after the combine that had him at 60. He's at 55 to the Spurs according to Draftnet. Hopefully either him or Luwawu (if he does stay in) are on the board at 55. Even though I'd doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Paul has barely cracked the the Draft Net mock. They didn't have him for most of the year after the combine that had him at 60. He's at 55 to the Spurs according to Draftnet. Hopefully either him or Luwawu (if he does stay in) are on the board at 55. Even though I'd doubt it.
    He's also sitting near 60 on the latest Chad Ford rankings, though Ford had yet to do a two-round mock draft considering team need. Ultimately there's too much upside stemming from his youth and impressive physical profile to think he drops to the end of the second. But trades in the second round after about the first five picks are pretty common. If the Spurs really want him, I think they'll get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get George de Paula at 55, it would be our best pick this late in the draft since Manu Ginobili, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I'd be a terrible GM, every DX video I watch makes me think someone else is a future All Star.

OTOH I would pour way more money into player dev than any other team on principle, so maybe it would work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I'd be a terrible GM, every DX video I watch makes me think someone else is a future All Star.

OTOH I would pour way more money into player dev than any other team on principle, so maybe it would work out.
    I kind of do the same. I like to look at their strengths and just how bad their weaknesses are to the Spurs.

Vaughn seems to be the best fit imo of the players projected to go in the late first round. Good scorer/ shooter. Confident, only 19, above average athlete and pretty good defensively. Shown a ablity to run p&r fairly well. ( I think he could become a starter at some point if those skills translate)

Hernagomez seems to have low ceiling (probably a rotation big man) but will probably stay oversees for a couple of years meaning he will likely be at least 23 when he comes over and there will probably be a gap in between him arriving and Duncan retiring.

Montrezl Harrell - a very good athlete, very good defensively, can board and has a freak arm span (9 inches longer than his body) but is 6'8 1/2 in shoes, a bad FT shooter. If Duncan/Splitter/Diaw is our top 3 bigs next season he'd be playing center off the bench or starting at PF, not sure how he'd fit.

Justin Anderson-Compares physically to Danny Green (6'6, 6'11 1/2 wing span and 42' max vert), pretty good shooter and good defensively. Probably more of a luxury if he falls to the Spurs. I don't see the Spurs cheaping out on DG by drafting Anderson as a replacement ( or at least one of the guys who replaces Green).

I like the idea of a Green Leonard J. Anderson and K. Anderson going forward, that's a big, long and athletic (save for Slo-mo) wing rotation. Though it would be interesting to see what it means for Bertans and LJC.

Delon Wright-Good size for PG. Good play maker and defender. On the downside he's pretty thin for size (could degate some of the befits of having a 6'5 PG), mediocre shooter and average athlete. Then again having a bench core Mills-Wright-Anderson-Diaw going forward could be interesting with multiple play makers (and average shooting)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get George de Paula at 55, it would be our best pick this late in the draft since Manu Ginobili, tbh.
    I agree. If Alpha Kapa or Luwawu fall there (assuming both are still in this draft class) that would be very good as well. Kapa is very mobile for his size (6'10 with a 7'5 wingspan)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. If Alpha Kapa or Luwawu fall there (assuming both are still in this draft class) that would be very good as well. Kapa is very mobile for his size (6'10 with a 7'5 wingspan)
    D/X is projecting both of them to pull out, and now has them in the 2016 mock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavaliers, Spurs, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Hawks, Bucks and Pacers spoke to Arkansas power forward Bobby Portis at last month’s combine, Portis said, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders, who writes in his NBA PM piece. Previous reports indicated that he also talked to Boston and Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    I'm hearing that Jarell Martin has a mid-first-round promise from a team and will likely shut down all workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hearing that Jarell Martin has a mid-first-round promise from a team and will likely shut down all workouts.

Raptors, of the Caboclo-epic-reach fame, no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could OKC really underdraft 2 years in a row to try to keep costs down by signing yet another first rounder to a d-league contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavaliers, Spurs, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Hawks, Bucks and Pacers spoke to Arkansas power forward Bobby Portis at last month’s combine, Portis said, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders, who writes in his NBA PM piece. Previous reports indicated that he also talked to Boston and Portland.
    Makes sense. They've interviewed or worked out nearly every draft-eligible PF projected in the 15-45 range it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Draft scuttle: Hearing Porzingis not only in play for Philly at No. 3 but now giving Lakers something to ponder at No. 2. Stock rising fast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Draft scuttle: Hearing Porzingis not only in play for Philly at No. 3 but now giving Lakers something to ponder at No. 2. Stock rising fast

Porzingus is the better prospect between him and Okafor, so not surprised. With Randle in the wings, Lakers should take D'Angelo above either of those guys though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors, of the Caboclo-epic-reach fame, no doubt.
    They pulled that epic reach, and kept my Caboclo minute watch at tease level. Why not get the kid on the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Was thinking Rashaun, but , either would be great. Both are defensive-minded stretch-fours. Jonathan is more of a combo-forward (in a good way), while Holmes may be able to get away with playing the five. But the team will need a defensive-minded big to grown into a role. Harrell would probably be ideal if he falls to 26 (Portis is the best by unrealistic), but in the second round? Yeah, either would be a steal.

Thread Information