- Sabella came up with the right plan imo..Got them to the finals.

- Defense was the best in the tournament

- Aguero was

- Messi subpar

- For a sub, Palacio did nothing at all in the last 5 games

- Higuain one good game out of 7

- They really needed an active runner out there and Lavezzi was giving it all. Bad decision from Sabella..

- they could have use Di Maria today..

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Their D was good but the loss of di Maria was too big...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    With all the hate they got from their fanbase, they all should apologize

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Their D was good but the loss of di Maria was too big...
    agree, but also Missi was completely burned out.... dunno whats up with that

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    - Sabella came up with the right plan imo..Got them to the finals.

- Defense was the best in the tournament

- Aguero was

- Messi subpar

- For a sub, Palacio did nothing at all in the last 5 games

- Higuain one good game out of 7

- They really needed an active runner out there and Lavezzi was giving it all. Bad decision from Sabella..

- they could have use Di Maria today..
    Sabella simply did what Messi told he wanted in half time interviews tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    agree, but also Missi was completely burned out.... dunno whats up with that
    But how, seriously? He was walking around the whole tournament, so not that he had a right to be tired or whatever.

One thing I noticed..

Everytime Aguero is on the field, Messi just looks like he's out of the game...

Aguero gets more freedom than lavezzi that it really ruins Messi's position IMO.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Once Higuain came off, there was no offense. Just heading the ball backwards for Counters.

Once Higuain came off, there was no offense. Just heading the ball backwards for Counters.
    Pretty much..Sabella's hard on with Aguero and Palacio really killed them IMO

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    But how, seriously? He was walking around the whole tournament, so not that he had a right to be tired or whatever.
    something is going on... hope it's not permanent, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Palacio actually missed a clear chance... just can't miss that much

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    They could not use Di Maria today, dude got hurt again yesterday during practice, we lost because Argentina passing skills were horrible for a Final game plus every shot to the goal was amateurish and Messi being an old man using a kane.
    Referee swallowing whistles during 2 key plays (Higuain getting kicked in the face by the goalkeeper and Aguero getting grabbed) that were penalties.
    It doesnt matter now but please stop with that Messi .
    My team is River Plate why is AC Milan there WTF?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    it's just pathetic when their offensive unite seem to be so stacked, with their defense always being considered a weak link.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina will actually now have to re-think the striker situation... Higuain was underwhelming... Palacion can't play at this level, IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Aguero wasn't better though.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Aguero wasn't better though.
    nope... but we didn't play a type of game that suits him either

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    All the midfield/attacking players didn't play up to their potential.

- Midget was carrying the team until the quarters, then all the teams realized they should concentrate on him because it didn't matter if he set-up the rest. But he was hardly on top form... there's something going on with him and the truth might be told in a near future. Good enough to be in the conversation of the best players, but hardly in his top form.
    - DiMaria had an irregular Cup. He went from MIA to sublime moments, but his injury really ed up the team.
    - Higuain showed up one game only, he run a lot but hardly took his chances, and a #9 is there to score, not just to bother the central backs or play them out of position as a decoy.
    - Aguero is a fat who's been injured all year long and should really start taking care of his fitness or he will be playing in Qatar in a few seasons. How many chances did he have in 6 games? 3? For 's sake.
    - Lavezzi put a lot of effort playing out of position, but by the time he could've done some damage running into spaces with tired defenders himself was wasted from running from box to box.
    - Palacio has always and will forever suck. Never understood why he got called for the NT. And his hair makes me wanna punch him.
    - Enzo Perez was good for a role player. Won a spot in future line-ups
    - Gago is . Mother er should retire already. Doesn't run, doesn't control midfield, misses easy passes -his supposed strength-. On current form, he will be playing in Argentina's second division in 2 years time.
    - Ricky Alvarez had a good cameo against Nigeria, could've been tried in DiMaria's place when he got hurt.

Thread Information