Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Went out after the game, had a fine dinner with the wife, just got back home... just trying to blow off some steam... but I feel that if I don't say this now it's never going to happen, so...

goddamit those gots choked... CHOKED...

Holy mother ers, players wait their entire lives to have a chance to a mano a mano to win the World Cup, some of them never get it, and you ing blow all 3 in the same game...

That stain Higuain is the worst... German guy gives him the ball all alone, what else you want? Do you want him to put it in too? FUUUUUUUCK

Anyways, congrats Germany, worthy winners. This has nothing to do with you.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    you just lost to the better team, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    you just lost to the better team, tbh.
    never said otherwise, but you can't miss those chances at that level, you just can't...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Good ol' fashioned meltdown... i like it

I give it a 7/10... nice effort and execution.

EDIT: Tears are delicious.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Their chokes were shockingly bad. This one will haunt them forever.

Higuain's was clearly the worst, then Palacio then Messi. They'll probably never reach the final again. Tragic.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Argentina got red carpet treatment to the Finals. They could have made the Semis with even a poorer team. They did beat Hollandaise which is an achievement but a team of these mediocre players can't really expect to win a WC. You can't be serious??

There are certain rules the football Gods enforce. No team was going to win with a Hulk in their team and no team was going to win with scrubs like Palacio, Higuain, Lavezzi and Aguado

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lol, they sucked this is not the first game Higuain and Palacios choked away, but Messi walked like a grandpa too and don´t forget Germans run every ball while our guys were footing and passing like , forget about refs not calling the penalties they missed very clear situations.
    Messi is done, Higuain came to the world cup injured but he never was a pure scorer, Palacio who cares is a nobody, and Aguero made dumb passes, even Mascherano had a bad game today.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Argentina got red carpet treatment to the Finals. They could have made the Semis with even a poorer team. They did beat Hollandaise which is an achievement but a team of these mediocre players can't really expect to win a WC. You can't be serious??

There are certain rules the football Gods enforce. No team was going to win with a Hulk in their team and no team was going to win with scrubs like Palacio, Higuain, Lavezzi and Aguado
    Lavezzi was arguably their best player in the first half. Sabella appropriately subs him off

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Lavezzi was decent actually. Fatguain and Agüero were much, much worse.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Lavezzi was great, but he was tired. One of the things that really hurt our team was how little stamina players had throughout the tournament. Which is surprising to see for players that play in Europe and are used to long seasons.

But, regardless, I needed to spill that out. You can't miss that many chances right in front of goal. We've had such great strikers and finishers, Ramon Diaz, Kempes, Batistuta... just mad at these gots choking like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Batigol was a great one. Still your most successful striker, right?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Batigol was a great one. Still your most successful striker, right?
    He is, with 56 in 78 caps... it's not surprising the last time we won something important he was there.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    He is, with 56 in 78 caps... it's not surprising the last time we won something important he was there.
    Copa América in 1993?

Meh, Messi did his part IMO. He chocked for sure, but Higuain, Aguero and Palacio was really the main suspect. I don't understand the hard on with Palacio, guy can't make or create ..

Lavezzi had all the enegery..He didn't even looked that tired after the first half..Not sure why he was subbed out.

Good plan by sabella but his sub decisions just lacked creativity and was too much of a safe sub.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Copa América in 1993?
    yup, scored the gamewinner against Mexico in Ecuador if my memory doesn't fail me... shot from inside the penalty box

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    yup, scored the gamewinner against Mexico in Ecuador if my memory doesn't fail me... shot from inside the penalty box
    Since my DAF appeared to have killed himself...do you think this performance killed the Maradona or Messi question?

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Your memory serves you right. He scored the first goal in the 63rd minute and after Galindo scored the goal for Mexico in the 67th minute he made the game winning goal in the 74th minute

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Since my DAF appeared to have killed himself...do you think this performance killed the Maradona or Messi question?
    It might because of how he looked... if this is the new Missi, it's over... if he can regain his form and have a solid WC in 2018, I think the discussion will be back on...

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    It might because of how he looked... if this is the new Missi, it's over... if he can regain his form and have a solid WC in 2018, I think the discussion will be back on...
    Messi is a legend, but I'm worried about his health tbh. In the semis against Holland he looked shaky and vs. Germany he didn't look better after the half-time break. I wonder if it might be too much for him. Physically and also mentally.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Messi is a legend, but I'm worried about his health tbh. In the semis against Holland he looked shaky and vs. Germany he didn't look better after the half-time break. I wonder if it might be too much for him. Physically and also mentally.
    He's been walking the games even in Barsa, all season... you only get one great play or two, not one great game or two. I don't think it's mental, I think there's something physical going on. I guess we'll know more eventually.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    He's been walking the games even in Barsa, all season... you only get one great play or two, not one great game or two. I don't think it's mental, I think there's something physical going on. I guess we'll know more eventually.
    Sort of burnout? Burnout doesn't have to be a mental problem only, can also be caused by physical "overheating".

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Sort of burnout? Burnout doesn't have to be a mental problem only, can also be caused by physical "overheating".
    Apparently, after the game against Belgium, he told his dad he felt his legs weighed like 100 kilos... dunno if it's the heat or the continuous injuries he had to deal with this season.

It's something to look into going forward. He's not a kid anymore, but he used to run a lot. Even Fatguain looked like he could run more.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Apparently, after the game against Belgium, he told his dad he felt his legs weighed like 100 kilos... dunno if it's the heat or the continuous injuries he had to deal with this season.

It's something to look into going forward. He's not a kid anymore, but he used to run a lot. Even Fatguain looked like he could run more.
    Yes, the story with his legs weighing 100 kilos was also a story in the German media (in the Finnish as well ). I think you're right, it's something to be concerned about in the future.

He just came of an injury. Relax.

Arengtina managed to reach the finals with all its star forwards being out of shape mainly because of an injury..I wouldn't worry.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Someone would've been dead today one way or another. It would have been between Pele and DAF86. Pele lives today tbh

Maradona trumps Messi in the international level and Messi trumps Maradona in the club level, both of which aren't even debatable.

Thread Information