Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's such a meaningless statement..."sooner" and "later" are relative terms, but without an anchor to compare them against, they mean nothing in and of themselves.
    To be ambiguous as was Pop's exact goal, tbh.
    Pop agreed it made no sense, he followed that statement up with:

"Whatever nebulous (stuff that was). As soon as I said it, I thought, 'What the does that mean?'"
    http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...n-12356990.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's such a meaningless statement..."sooner" and "later" are relative terms, but without an anchor to compare them against, they mean nothing in and of themselves.
    Sure if your expectation is an audience with critical thinking skills. Pop understand full well that such comments are going to cause expectations of imminence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict that Kawhi will play basketball in some capacity in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooner than his 2019 campaign run

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s Draymond:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if kawhi never comes back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Spurs for the next decade plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then we'll have enough to reup Parker and Pau. Also give Mills a little bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been trying to return sooner rather than later since preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This statement means nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    44-38 and a lottery pick tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been trying to return sooner rather than later since preseason.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bloody mystery this injury is. We do have a pattern here of some sorts.

The longer the layoff gets the slower the recovery goes.

To burrow pops style of quoting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it, his sister said Kawhi told her in early October he'd be out for about a week. How in the has that 1 week turned into 6 weeks already with no set return date/projection in sight so far?
    Last edited by Ice009; 11-16-2017 at 08:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's sister was full of , obviously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not necessarily, there was a report from someone that said the Spurs told Kawhi the pain he is experiencing is what every high usage NBA vet goes through, that he's going to have to learn to play through it. That sounds like the Spurs are saying he's a little soft and it's making him look bad.

Kawhi's sister said he'd be back in a week on two separate occasions, so to me, that says Kawhi wants to come back, but the Spurs aren't letting him. Very strange situation.

So what I want to know, who is holding who out. Is it the Spurs not letting him come back, or is it Kawhi that's holding himself out saying that he's not ready? If it's the former, the Spurs shouldn't be badmouthing him if that report is true. Can't remember where the person got that from, though. Not sure if he heard in on radio or somewhere else.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be moronic if the Spurs to ruffle kawhi’s Feathers when he’s a free agent this summer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be moronic if the Spurs to ruffle kawhi’s Feathers when he’s a free agent this summer
    He's not a free agent until 2019.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be their leverage for a non "super max" contract lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not necessarily, there was a report from someone that said the Spurs told Kawhi the pain he is experiencing is what every high usage NBA vet goes through, that he's going to have to learn to play through it. That sounds like the Spurs are saying he's a little soft and it's making him look bad.

Kawhi's sister said he'd be back in a week on two separate occasions, so to me, that says Kawhi wants to come back, but the Spurs aren't letting him. Very strange situation.

So what I want to know, who is holding who out. Is it the Spurs not letting him come back, or is it Kawhi that's holding himself out saying that he's not ready? If it's the former, the Spurs shouldn't be badmouthing him if that report is true. Can't remember where the person got that from, though. Not sure if he heard in on radio or somewhere else.
    Well Kawhi was training hard during the summer and the Spurs have a history of babying players. Based on that, which of your scenarios seem more probable?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Kawhi was training hard during the summer and the Spurs have a history of babying players. Based on that, which of your scenarios seem more probable?
    Yeah, I heard Kawhi was working very hard during the off-season, so that also makes it strange if he's had the injury since last season and he was playing through it, yet that report said the Spurs told him the pain is similar to what most high usage NBA vets experience and he'd have to learn to play through it. It sounds like he was already playing through it.

The Spurs do normally baby players, but if so, why did they let him train all summer if it was bothering him since last season? And why would that report say he needs to learn to play with some of that pain. Wasn't he already doing that? Why even say that?

Do you think that report was true? Does anyone else remember reading/hearing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I heard Kawhi was working very hard during the off-season, so that also makes it strange if he's had the injury since last season and he was playing through it, yet that report said the Spurs told him the pain is similar to what most high usage NBA vets experience and he'd have to learn to play through it. It sounds like he was already playing through it.

The Spurs do normally baby players, but if so, why did they let him train all summer if it was bothering him since last season? And why would that report say he needs to learn to play with some of that pain. Wasn't he already doing that? Why even say that?

Do you think that report was true? Does anyone else remember reading/hearing it?
    Meh there's always been only one official report from the Spurs - he's recovering and will be back when he's ready. You can safely ignore all other 'reports'.

He has an overuse injury that could become chronic, if it isn't already. The treatment could take weeks or months - there's no mystery or conspiracy here, they just genuinely don't know. It seems like he's taking longer to recover and that's basically it. He could be back next week, or in two months, depending on his tests and how he feels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh there's always been only one official report from the Spurs - he's recovering and will be back when he's ready. You can safely ignore all other 'reports'.

He has an overuse injury that could become chronic, if it isn't already. The treatment could take weeks or months - there's no mystery or conspiracy here, they just genuinely don't know. It seems like he's taking longer to recover and that's basically it. He could be back next week, or in two months, depending on his tests and how he feels.
    I guess the mystery is an overuse injury given the Spurs have kept his minutes low relative to his age pretty much his whole career. Of course, he's a gym rat so those minutes buildup from practice. Kawhi's drive to be great has made his career, and for now, has temporarily derailed it. He'll be OK. It's just a matter of when.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the mystery is an overuse injury given the Spurs have kept his minutes low relative to his age pretty much his whole career. Of course, he's a gym rat so those minutes buildup from practice. Kawhi's drive to be great has made his career, and for now, has temporarily derailed it. He'll be OK. It's just a matter of when.
    Well overuse injuries aren't necessarily injuries that happen to athletes who play more minutes than other athletes. There can be a lot of reasons for such injuries - varying from not warming-up well to muscle imbalance or compensation for a different injury to training technique errors. For example, Duncan's (among other players) plantar fasciitis that plagued him in the mid 2000s is a type of overuse injury. Kawhi will be fine, but the timetable for his return will depend on how well he's progressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information