Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hate to say it, but he is kinda proving to be soft. That or he's just mind ed by this injury. The best doctors in the world said he "is ready to go"; he on the other hand said, "it is weird", so there is that...
    He's said he's ready to go. Poop's ego is the reason he's not playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love some peeps are still in he is been held out by Pop narrative when the latter essentially called him out after AS break and the Spurs were the ones who leaked "he was cleared to play" part to the media after their medical staff came under undue criticism despite their league-wide reputation..

The difference is; you have Timmy Duncan who was begging to play with torn meniscus in 2000 playoffs and a guy who is seeking a third medical point for a joint soreness..

Let's stop the excuses..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Gotta love some peeps are still in he is been held out by Pop narrative when the latter essentially called him out after AS break and the Spurs were the ones who leaked "he was cleared to play" part to the media after their medical staff came under undue criticism despite their league-wide reputation..
    That was clearly Poop making Kawhi the official scapegoat for his own ego trip.

The fact remains that Kawhi was all set to return for the Pelicans game, until he had a meeting with Poop. How do you explain that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The difference is; you have Timmy Duncan who was begging to play with torn meniscus in 2000 playoffs and a guy who is seeking a third medical point for a joint soreness..

Let's stop the excuses..
    This time it is Pop. They literally had a meeting this morning where before it Kawhi was coming back Thursday or possibly even tonight, and after it appears he's done for the season. I support the move since tanking at this point is in the Spurs' best interests but this is definitely Pop's call at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull that pop is holding him out. Clearly he saw him play and didn’t think he has recovered and decided to hold him out. Pop and spurs are conservative so they are not going to bring him back if he is no healed. At this point I think that’s if Bc if 1 year wasn’t enough then 1 week isn’t going to make a difference in recovery time. This hurts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This time it is Pop. They literally had a meeting this morning where before it Kawhi was coming back Thursday or possibly even tonight, and after it appears he's done for the season. I support the move since tanking at this point is in the Spurs' best interests but this is definitely Pop's call at this point.
    They’re reports...not necessarily accurate. There were reports he would aim for end of March by Woj..I know it was exciting to hear he could come back Thursday..trust me I’m going to the game.

I just think it’s unfair to blame Pop. You have nothing that backs up your point tbh. It’s been Kawhi call this WHOLE time..since December tbh. If anything Spurs are just as frustrated as the rest of us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re reports...not necessarily accurate. There were reports he would aim for end of March by Woj..I know it was exciting to hear he could come back Thursday..trust me I’m going to the game.

I just think it’s unfair to blame Pop. You have nothing that backs up your point tbh. It’s been Kawhi call this WHOLE time..since December tbh. If anything Spurs are just as frustrated as the rest of us...
    I've blamed Kawhi plenty for what's gone on, but this latest development is Pop's decision that it's too late to make a run this year (which is true). Kawhi was literally all set to return by all accounts this week, him and Pop have a meeting, and after it we hear Kawhi won't be back in the near future. This has tank written all over it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are learning a whole a lot about Kawhi and his pain tolerance and overall ap ude (mental/physical) when it comes to dealing with injuries..

I don't think it's been a good discovery at all, which makes that supermax deal quite a gamble from this franchise..
    Quite a gamble??? Offering the supermax to an injury-prone headcase with no leadership skills would be a self-imposed death penalty for the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's said he's ready to go. Poop's ego is the reason he's not playing.
    No. He literally has an interview where he’s saying he’s not ready. I can post it for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree and why the would we even play Kawhi this year really for 6 games were going to let him play 5 minutes that is just re ed. This summer the Spurs are really going to have to do there due diligence on his injury. If it is chronic then I don’t want any part of Kawhi. At that point I am all for seeing what we could get for a trade, add Tony, Mills and Gasoft to that trade bait to.
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-13-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been ting on Pop all year and I think he's very washed up, but I don't see how anybody can blame him here, tbh..why would they be holding Kawhi out? They're 100% going to miss the playoffs without him, it's too late to tank for a high pick, and why would Pop/Parker/Manu want to go out like this in their later years? Doesn't make any sense..

Kawhi's pain tolerance is very low, that isn't even debatable, at this point..if he's holding out of fear for his future, then that's whatever, it's the NBA and players have all the power..I think it's strange that his fanboys are riding for him in such a delusional way, though, he clearly deserves at least some criticism..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've blamed Kawhi plenty for what's gone on, but this latest development is Pop's decision that it's too late to make a run this year (which is true). Kawhi was literally all set to return by all accounts this week, him and Pop have a meeting, and after it we hear Kawhi won't be back in the near future. This has tank written all over it.

What did Kawhi say for you to believe that?? He never said he’s “ready”..

You bought too much into the Salters report which is fine but it wasn’t confirmed by anyone in the organization. Key words in report “Could” “Target”..

If Pop was shutting him down it would be confirmed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been ting on Pop all year and I think he's very washed up, but I don't see how anybody can blame him here, tbh..why would they be holding Kawhi out? They're 100% going to miss the playoffs without him, it's too late to tank for a high pick, and why would Pop/Parker/Manu want to go out like this in their later years? Doesn't make any sense..

Kawhi's pain tolerance is very low, that isn't even debatable, at this point..if he's holding out of fear for his future, then that's whatever, it's the NBA and players have all the power..I think it's strange that his fanboys are riding for him in such a delusional way, though, he clearly deserves at least some criticism..
    Preach ..

The guy is such a china doll, It is not even funny. You have his s still arguing against the fact when he couldn't complete a in five minutes of OT in Game 5 vs Houston while still on adrenaline ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did Kawhi say for you to believe that?? He never said he’s “ready”..

You bought too much into the Salters report which is fine but it wasn’t confirmed by anyone in the organization. Key words in report “Could” “Target”..

If Pop was shutting him down it would be confirmed...
    It was reported multiple times he was aiming to come back mid-March, and Woj confirmed Salters' report. Pop wouldn't confirm the Spurs shutting down Kawhi, they need to sell tickets and keep fan interest up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point i just don't care; i want the highest pick we could get..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point i just don't care; i want the highest pick we could get..
    There's an interesting thought.

Say PHX/MEM win the lotto and we call around and they offer up packages like #2+Booker or #2+Conley. Do we entertain a top pick in a good draft + an all star? As for some other prospects as well (Josh Jackson etc)? Is Kawhi in his current state even going to command such an offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's an interesting thought.

Say PHX/MEM win the lotto and we call around and they offer up packages like #2+Booker or #2+Conley. Do we entertain a top pick in a good draft + an all star? As for some other prospects as well (Josh Jackson etc)? Is Kawhi in his current state even going to command such an offer?
    Memphis wouldn't offer Conley, seeing as he's part of the "Big Three" they would be trying to create. My guess is they'd add whatever they possibly could outside of Conley or Gasol to turn Parsons into Leonard. Issue is, they can't offer all that much besides their pick. Their team is filled with mediocre players who are finally not overachieving. Only guy on their roster I'd want is Brooks. They could do Brooks, MacLemore and Green (obviously along with their pick) for Leonard, but I don't see that being a particularly appealing deal to SA, and Memphis may reject it as well if they can't free up more ways to improve their roster around their new trio.

Honestly, Memphis makes much more sense as seller than buyer. I'd consider getting in on Conley if the price is low enough. The upside is obviously huge, and his contract is actually a plus, since it would almost require the team to move both Patty and Pau (who'd probably be welcomed back for a final year playing with his brother) to match salaries. If the team could somehow get that done while keeping their pick this year and one of Murray or White, it would be huge for the team's le chances.

Oh, and Phoenix would almost certainly balk at Booker. They'd only be trading for Kawhi to pair with their core, not to replace it. LMA for a lower price probably makes more sense, if the team is blowing it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe the Spurs want to pay Kawhi Leonard the supermax. They think teams that pay it either end up in luxury tax or have no room to add a supporting cast. They look at the Clippers (jeez), who are still looking like a playoff team after shedding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. They can hope that the drama of this season provides enough of a smokescreen to part ways with Leonard. They can manage expectations and whisper into ears that his uncle or whoever convinced him to leave and that’s why they had to deal him.

Peter Holt is gone, Tim Duncan is gone, Tony Parker and Manu Ginóbili are on the cusp of retirement, and Gregg Popovich is old and seemingly more interested in social issues than basketball. Culture is a result of leadership, and the leaders that drove Spurs culture either are gone, soon to be gone, or have their minds elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe the Spurs want to pay Kawhi Leonard the supermax. They think teams that pay it either end up in luxury tax or have no room to add a supporting cast. They look at the Clippers (jeez), who are still looking like a playoff team after shedding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. They can hope that the drama of this season provides enough of a smokescreen to part ways with Leonard. They can manage expectations and whisper into ears that his uncle or whoever convinced him to leave and that’s why they had to deal him.

Peter Holt is gone, Tim Duncan is gone, Tony Parker and Manu Ginóbili are on the cusp of retirement, and Gregg Popovich is old and seemingly more interested in social issues than basketball. Culture is a result of leadership, and the leaders that drove Spurs culture either are gone, soon to be gone, or have their minds elsewhere.
    Agree with pretty much all of this. For those who haven't realized it yet -- Pop is using his new status as one of the all time great NBA coaches, to try and affect social change (whether you agree with his takes or not). He got 5 rings, that's pretty good. The rest, at this point, to him, is "just basketball."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By "his medical team" do they mean the Spurs' or Kawhi's? Who is the he in "his"? I assume they mean Kawhi's team, as the Spurs cleared him months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By "his medical team" do they mean the Spurs' or Kawhi's? Who is the he in "his"? I assume they mean Kawhi's team, as the Spurs cleared him months ago.
    "his" obviously refers to kawhi's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, Extra Stout sighting...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was reported multiple times he was aiming to come back mid-March, and Woj confirmed Salters' report. Pop wouldn't confirm the Spurs shutting down Kawhi, they need to sell tickets and keep fan interest up.
    The reports never said mid-March. Woj said end of March and everybody starting assuming earlier and earlier. No clue why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update*: WOJ just confirmed.

Just now on ABC. It's Lisa Salters, so take it with a huge grain of salt... but she sounded pretty adamant. THU. March 15th against the Pels. Guess we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Creative...

Thread Information