Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Thoughts, mock drafts, etc are all welcome here.

Who do you think your team will draft? What position is the biggest need?

For my boys, they need help at

OLB
    WR
    OT (If Bell doesn't re-sign)
    CB

The Bills badly need help at OLB and a #2 WR. Maybe Sheppard (our 3rd rounder from last year) will pan out, but we're still weak at the wil and sam. Getting Upshaw from Alabama would give Buffalo potentially one of the nastiest pass-rushes in the league. We're weak at CB, but no more high draft picks wasted on this position please...the pass rush should make them look better.

In the bleacherreport (lol) mock draft, they have the Bills drafting Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill at the 10th pick. det would be nice

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rounds/page/11

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Since no QB is forthcoming for the Browns, it should be...

- Trent Richardson

- Offensive line

- Defense

- More defense

- Yet more defense

If they spend a premium pick on a WR it'll be a disaster. With McCoy at QB they might as well flush that pick down the toilet.

I want Michael Brockers. I'd be glad to trade the Saints 1st rounder and the 48th pick to get him. Some other holes they need to fill outside of a D-lineman not named Vince Wilfork the other teams actually pay attention to-

WR
    C
    S
    OLB

Since all the safeties i the draft blow, I'd hope they find some alternative way to address that need (granted it might be their biggest need), and draft a receiver and OLB in the first 2 rounds and a C 3rd or 4th.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I look forward to the Patriots trading out of the first round, getting zero pass rushers, and drafting 2 TE's per the usual.

Post Count
    Or cornerbacks. Old sweatshirt hoody has started to hoard first and second round DBs in recent years.

For the Lions, have to draft all defense in the first few rounds. I'd be happy if they had a chance at any number of DBs in the first round at that #23 spot. Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick might not last that long, but if they're there, either would be great. I have no problem with taking Janoris Jenkins if he's there, but I'm not sure if the Lions feel the same way.

I'd also like a OLB for depth. Keenan Robinson intrigues me in the 3rd or 4th round. Texas fan, is he has good as his measurables indicate? I've read several times his potential is greater than his production.

This draft doesn't seem as exciting as recent previous ones. QB class lacks quality depth after the top 2. No elite and electrifying RB like an Adrian Peterson. No freakazoid WR like Calvin or Andre. I think this might be one of the least exciting drafts in a while.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Or cornerbacks. Old sweatshirt hoody has started to hoard first and second round DBs in recent years.
    True, he has been prone to mass drafting ty DB's who can't cover lately.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

For the Lions, have to draft all defense in the first few rounds. I'd be happy if they had a chance at any number of DBs in the first round at that #23 spot. Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick might not last that long, but if they're there, either would be great. I have no problem with taking Janoris Jenkins if he's there, but I'm not sure if the Lions feel the same way.

I'd also like a OLB for depth. Keenan Robinson intrigues me in the 3rd or 4th round. Texas fan, is he has good as his measurables indicate? I've read several times his potential is greater than his production.

This draft doesn't seem as exciting as recent previous ones. QB class lacks quality depth after the top 2. No elite and electrifying RB like an Adrian Peterson. No freakazoid WR like Calvin or Andre. I think this might be one of the least exciting drafts in a while.
    Justin Blackmon is a freakish WR, imo.

Floyd also has a ton of potential and could be a star. As for RB's, Richardson is obviously atop the board, but Lamar Miller will be a beast for who ever drafts him.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I wonder who gets drafted first.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Drafting in the secondary is an art Buffalo has mastered too:

2011:
    Aaron Williams (2nd)
    Da'Norris Searcy (4th)
    Justin Rogers (7th)

2009:
    Jairus Byrd (2nd--and he's actually good)
    Cary Harris (6th)
    Ellis Lankster (7th)

2008 (worst Bills draft if not for the 7th round):
    Leodis McKelvin (1st)...please die
    Reggie Corner (4th)
    Kennard Cox (7th)

2007:
    John Wendling (6th)

2006:
    Donte Whitner (1st)
    Ashton Youboty (3rd)
    Ko Simpson (4th)

2005:
    Eric King (5th)

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Of all the mock drafts I've read so far (besides the ESPN insider ), these are the players they've had the Bills listed as taking at #10:

Stephen Hill (WR)
    Michael Floyd (WR)--I would
    Riley Reiff (OT)
    Luke Kuechly (ILB)
    Quinton Coples (DE)
    Melvin Ingram (DE)
    Courtney Upshaw (OLB)

Unfortunately, most drafts I've read have the Bills signing Riley Reiff. It looks like Bell will leave us and go to PHI, GB, or PIT...but he only played 6 games last year anyways. Fitz was sacked the least among starting QBs iirc.

Coples and Ingram are good DE prospects, but drafting for depth in the 1st round is stupid. I'm not crazy about Kuechly either, but it looks like the Bills are moving Barnett to OLB (why?).

Order of preference:

1. Floyd
    2. Upshaw
    3. Hill
    4. Kuechly
    5. Reiff (although I like Adams better)...if Bell doesn't re-sign
    6. Coples
    7. Ingram

Drafting in the secondary is an art Buffalo has mastered too:

2011:
    Aaron Williams (2nd)
    Da'Norris Searcy (4th)
    Justin Rogers (7th)

2009:
    Jairus Byrd (2nd--and he's actually good)
    Cary Harris (6th)
    Ellis Lankster (7th)

2008 (worst Bills draft if not for the 7th round):
    Leodis McKelvin (1st)...please die
    Reggie Corner (4th)
    Kennard Cox (7th)

2007:
    John Wendling (6th)

2006:
    Donte Whitner (1st)
    Ashton Youboty (3rd)
    Ko Simpson (4th)

2005:
    Eric King (5th)
    Sorry senor, but the last few years Belichick has taken the crown for "Most wasted 1st and 2nd round picks in the secondary."

The thing is they're all good talents, they just can never get settled in with constant position and scheme changes,

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the Bills aren't even drafting talent...just straight-up duds

Bills could also use a TE, but I'm afraid they'll avoid this till the later rounds cause they just re-signed Chandler. I could live with them avoiding LB in the first couple rounds if they drafted Floyd and Allen in the first two, but that's a wet dream

Outside of the 1st round. whoever gets Lamar Miller and Dwayne Allen are getting instant stars, imho.

If New England is gonna keep using the 4-3 I'd want them getting Sean Spence since they don't have any natural 4-3 OLBs on their roster

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The majority of the mocks I've seen have SS going to the G-men...not fair

If the Giants got a better MLB than that fat honkie Blackburn they'd be on their own level defensively

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Because Ware needs pash rush help, I would be happy if the Boys pick up any of the following players with their 1st rounder: Ingram, Hightower, Poe, or Cox.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Bills Current starters--those positions/players in red need to be addressed or moved down the depth chart to make room for new draft picks.

I'm three sheets to the moon so bear with me...

Offense:

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    TE - Scott Chandler
    WR - Stevie Johnson
    WR - Donald Jones
    RBS - Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller
    FB - Corey McIntyre
    C - Eric Wood
    LG - Andy Levitre
    RG - Kraig Urbik
    RT - Erik Pears
    LT - Chris Hairston??????

The line is solid, but Bell leaving for Philly hurts the left side--but maybe not as bad as people think--Hairston (our 4th rounder last year) played in 11 games last year and looked very strong filling in and learning on the fly. Fitz was sacked the least of all starting QBs last year iirc (well, of those who played a bunch of games), so the line isn't that bad already. I say keep the line intact and only draft depth here in th later rounds of needed.

As far as WR...we need Michael Floyd to fall to us at #10. In the 2nd round, I also hope Clemson TE Dwayne Allen is waiting for the pick---those 2 guys would make Buffalo frightening on offense. If there is a god he will give both these scros to us

On defense, 7 of our 11 starters I'd be ready to go to war with, but the other 4 are either iffy or ing blow.

LDE - Mario Williams
    DT - Marcell Dareus
    DT - Kyle Williams
    RDE - Mark Anderson

OLB - Nick Barnett
    ILB - Kelvin Sheppard????
    OLB - Kirk Morrison

CB - Terrence McGee
    SS - George Wilson
    FS - Jairus Byrd
    CB - Drayton Florence

Not gonna lie, our CB's SUCK. Even McKelvin is trash in the nickel. Hopeful that Aaron Williams out of Texas will shake off injuries and play into a starter cause we badly need help there. The jury is still out on Sheppard, especially since he's out of position, but we'll see. Morrison needs to be replaced there but they resigned him.

Please draft Sean Spence in the 3rd or 4th for this need.

Floyd
    Allen
    Spence

After that only corners and OL depth..and possibly a young QB too...

my apologies for the drunken rant

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Projected Patriots first 3 rounds:
    1a: TE
    1b: CB
    2a: WR
    2b: WR
    3: RB

smh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sorry senor, but the last few years Belichick has taken the crown for "Most wasted 1st and 2nd round picks in the secondary."

The thing is they're all good talents, they just can never get settled in with constant position and scheme changes,
    Thank goodness he at least has hit with some of the offense. When did BB morph from a defensive coach to an offensive one? Well, offensive except for the Super Bowls. Har-har-har. (Fighting urge to shoot myself...)

Thank goodness he at least has hit with some of the offense. When did BB morph from a defensive coach to an offensive one? Well, offensive except for the Super Bowls. Har-har-har. (Fighting urge to shoot myself...)
    yeah, offensive line seems to be the only position he's consistently drafted well at. Tight end too.

The rest of the offense is a different story. He drafts horrible receivers.

hope and change
    Post Count
    Chargers need some stud linebackers

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    yeah, offensive line seems to be the only position he's consistently drafted well at. Tight end too.

The rest of the offense is a different story. He drafts horrible receivers.
    If I drafted 10 TEs in 10 years, I would hope I could pick a few decent ones too finally.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Most of the MD's I've seen have New England going D-Line in the 1st round. Some have them going OLB. Sounds about right.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Most of the MD's I've seen have New England going D-Line in the 1st round. Some have them going OLB. Sounds about right.
    Every mock draft every year has them going D-line or OLB in the first round, it's been a big need for some time now. Belichick just doesn't wanna address it.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Every mock draft every year has them going D-line or OLB in the first round, it's been a big need for some time now. Belichick just doesn't wanna address it.
    Quit talking about football like you know about football when you don't know about football you piece of .

Thread Information