My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "on his patreon page"
    i loled too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t even know that Peter was still alive? I have not seen him since like 1997 during the old NBA on NBC days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that greg simmons used a peter vescey report tells you just how clueless simmons is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t even know that Peter was still alive? I have not seen him since like 1997 during the old NBA on NBC days.
    in 2000, he was reporting that duncan was as good as gone to orlando. the one thing about vescey is that he has been consistently wrong throughout his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disregard these rumors. I have it on good authority that Kawhi is resigning and Lebron is coming to join him and Lamarcus. "Championships and I get to play with my boy DJ" is the quote I heard.
    LMA would be a great third fiddle for Lebrun in that Kevin Love/Chris Bosh role. He still ain’t coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already been posted and it has two fatal flaws:

1). Sam Amico

2). Peter Vecsey
    Yup... the well connected Vecsey...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then the hot take here is: “pop did t want KL at practice.” I think like 20 reporters have said that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 2000, he was reporting that duncan was as good as gone to orlando. the one thing about vescey is that he has been consistently wrong throughout his career.
    Duncan WAS good as gone. Then Doc Rivers happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may have been more Orlando GM John Gabriel than Doc. (Tim and Doc had a good relationship from SA days, when Doc informally coached the Spurs workouts during the '99 lockout.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vecsey's report came during the finals, just about a week before duncan announced he was staying. it was classic vecsey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t completely believe this. However, if this happens to be true then it boils down to one thing that I’ve been saying in my head for a long time. Pop only wants players that he can control. That’s why the team is always made up of certain type of players. “Get over yourself” types and foreign guys, etc.
    aside from this situation, I've always said this. He doesn't want player, he wants robots. If Duncan in '13 would have said, " you, I'm entering this game" to get a rebound, I wonder what would have happened?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aside from this situation, I've always said this. He doesn't want player, he wants robots. If Duncan in '13 would have said, " you, I'm entering this game" to get a rebound, I wonder what would have happened?
    You're bringing back great memories. Not.

I can't believe Pop started that ing 4th quarter with a lineup I wouldn't play in a regular season Jan. 10th game, let alone a Championship clinching quarter where we were on the verge of blowing them out. What the was he thinking that whole 4th quarter? He started that 4th quarter with that piss poor lineup that gave up the lead, and then after ing up that whole quarter, he takes none of the blame for it. What a joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have won in 2013, but then not in 2014, because it was never in their DNA to repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t completely believe this. However, if this happens to be true then it boils down to one thing that I’ve been saying in my head for a long time. Pop only wants players that he can control. That’s why the team is always made up of certain type of players. “Get over yourself” types and foreign guys, etc.
    How utterly bizarre, a coach wanting players he can... coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All coaches prefer to coach players they can control. Great coaches tend to be control freaks. I have even heard in the past Steve Kerr has wanted the Warriors to get rid of Draymond Green because he has found him annoying at times to deal with. Phil Jackson wanted to get Kobe traded during the early '00s but management refused. Riley was a control freak. Coach Lebron is also the same way when it comes to control.

What type of coach would want to coach a rebel if he didn't have to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me see, LA asks to be traded after he played not his best basketball and we keep him, and Kawhi who no-one is saying he wants to be traded, will be traded because he is a cancer to our team?!

If this season has shown anything is that the Spurs need some athleticism, desperately! Next year, you won't only have HOU and GSW to worry about, but Jazz, Celtics, Sixers and wherever Lebron decides to be. Whethere that's in LA with PG or not, Spurs will not condending for le next unless we have Kawhi. LA and Rudy are great but can't win with just them. I doubt the Spurs will trade him unless they think we get someone that will be as good. The only player that fits the bill is Kristaps Korzingis! But again he is injured, so no. That makes no sense, it is clear that someone is flooding the news with those made up stories. The question is why?

I can guarantee you that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio.
    Bill Simmons, I remember clearly predicted that KD will sing with the Warriors because that's Nike wanted him to do. Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike???? We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft. Makes sense, especially if you look around and see that players like Donovan Mitc , Kuzma, and Kawhi himself were picked at that range.

I don't think the Spurs want to do it, but if they do, it wouldn't be because they want to get rid of KL, it would be because they have no other option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disregard these rumors. I have it on good authority that Kawhi is resigning and Lebron is coming to join him and Lamarcus. "Championships and I get to play with my boy DJ" is the quote I heard.
    Snakeboy with the inside info! We can only dream!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike????
    Remember that Kawhi promised his girl to stay home for the birth of their first child. That's why he even didn't accept Team Usa 2016 Olympics invitation.

We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft.
    Pop won't trade Kawhi to a Western Conference team like Clippers who can make playoffs next years and even eliminate the Spurs with Kawhi playing for them.

If they trade him, they would find a Eastern Conference team to make a deal.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-04-2018 at 10:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or a team like PHX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or a team like PHX
    Agree. The Suns is the only team in the West that isn't a threat and they have Jackson and picks.

Sacramento could be other option. Also, they have those young scoring guards that Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. The Suns is the only team in the West that isn't a threat and they have Jackson and picks.

Sacramento could be other option. Also, they have those young scoring guards that Spurs need.
    Why would Kawhi resign with Phoenix much less Sacramento?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me see, LA asks to be traded after he played not his best basketball and we keep him, and Kawhi who no-one is saying he wants to be traded, will be traded because he is a cancer to our team?!

If this season has shown anything is that the Spurs need some athleticism, desperately! Next year, you won't only have HOU and GSW to worry about, but Jazz, Celtics, Sixers and wherever Lebron decides to be. Whethere that's in LA with PG or not, Spurs will not condending for le next unless we have Kawhi. LA and Rudy are great but can't win with just them. I doubt the Spurs will trade him unless they think we get someone that will be as good. The only player that fits the bill is Kristaps Korzingis! But again he is injured, so no. That makes no sense, it is clear that someone is flooding the news with those made up stories. The question is why?

Bill Simmons, I remember clearly predicted that KD will sing with the Warriors because that's Nike wanted him to do. Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike???? We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft. Makes sense, especially if you look around and see that players like Donovan Mitc , Kuzma, and Kawhi himself were picked at that range.

I don't think the Spurs want to do it, but if they do, it wouldn't be because they want to get rid of KL, it would be because they have no other option.
    Makes no sense... If this was predetermined... Why would Kawhi need to sit out of the meeting to get Durant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense... If this was predetermined... Why would Kawhi need to sit out of the meeting to get Durant?
    Did you read my post? I never said it is predetermined. All I said that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio, and if that's the case, that explains all the stories we see in the news. To me it is obvious that someone is behind those stories. It's not the Spurs or Kawhi, I don't think. Nike is my best guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read my post? I never said it is predetermined. All I said that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio, and if that's the case, that explains all the stories we see in the news. To me it is obvious that someone is behind those stories. It's not the Spurs or Kawhi, I don't think. Nike is my best guess.
    You might be reading into to much of the little 'Nate' that could, grape vine talk... Nike may suggest that if Kiwi wants to make more they can renegotiate his contract with an increase in compensation, but they will not make up 50-70 mil he'd be losing if he doesn't resign wit the SPURS.
    All Players & your average Joe for that matter love money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sure Nike wants Kawhi to be in a big market but GTFO here with the conspiracy theory of Kawhi missing the Durant meeting because of Nike. I do believe Kawhi simply hates Durant due to the system player comments he made about him a few years ago and that's why he didn't show up. I didn't blame Kawhi for that because I would have done the same if I was in Kawhi's situation.

Thread Information