Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Nike wants Kawhi to be in a big market but GTFO here with the conspiracy theory of Kawhi missing the Durant meeting because of Nike. I do believe Kawhi simply hates Durant due to the system player comments he made about him a few years ago and that's why he didn't show up. I didn't blame Kawhi for that because I would have done the same if I was in Kawhi's situation.
    kawhi is a so is durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is this dude?
    He was a big deal in 2014 during the run to the ring. He won a Finals MVP. Lately he's dropped off the radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi is a so is durant.
    SO ARE YOU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might be reading into to much of the little 'Nate' that could, grape vine talk... Nike may suggest that if Kiwi wants to make more they can renegotiate his contract with an increase in compensation, but they will not make up 50-70 mil he'd be losing if he doesn't resign wit the SPURS.
    All Players & your average Joe for that matter love money.
    I agree 100%! Which is why I believe Nike is trying to create frixion between the two parties. Kawhi would rather stay in San Antonio. Spurs would like to keep Kawhi. It's a win-win, and someone is trying to spoil that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Nike wants Kawhi to be in a big market but GTFO here with the conspiracy theory of Kawhi missing the Durant meeting because of Nike. I do believe Kawhi simply hates Durant due to the system player comments he made about him a few years ago and that's why he didn't show up. I didn't blame Kawhi for that because I would have done the same if I was in Kawhi's situation.
    So "Kawhi simply hates Durant" is not a conspiracy theory? How do you know that. have you talked with Kawhi? All we do here is speculate. You think Kawhi did that, because that's what you would have done. Try to see beyond yourself!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let’s see here, the point of having an agent, or representation, is to have someone who looks out for your best interest, who understands the market, and who has the people skills to communicate effectively, make other parties feel comfortable, and deliver good public relations.

Kawhi is represented by a guy whose agency collapsed, who is essentially working out of his car, and who has creditors hounding him, and by his uncle, who feels qualified because he once ran a bank branch, and who is trying to leverage his nephew into propping up a sports management company business venture.

Amateur hour. Massive conflicts of interest. Fouling up a relationship with perhaps the easiest franchise in pro sports to work with.

I feel sorry for Kawhi. He just wants to play basketball, but his grifter uncle and loser agent are going to squander his millions and ruin his career.

The supermax is not an option. There’s no way you can take that risk. The first time the Spurs refuse to sign some scrub that Frankel and Robertson coax to their “agency,” they’ll tell Kawhi their doctors found something and he needs to sit.

It sucks because the Spurs will get maybe 40 cents on the dollar, and it probably brings this nearly 30-year run of contention to an end. It sucks because Kawhi could forfeit up to $80 million on his next contract just so the idiots running his affairs can stay solvent.

Don’t trust people just because they are family. Crooks and grifters just start there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read my post? I never said it is predetermined. All I said that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio, and if that's the case, that explains all the stories we see in the news. To me it is obvious that someone is behind those stories. It's not the Spurs or Kawhi, I don't think. Nike is my best guess.
    CROFL "Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio." Apparently you are too young to remember this guy...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let’s see here, the point of having an agent, or representation, is to have someone who looks out for your best interest, who understands the market, and who has the people skills to communicate effectively, make other parties feel comfortable, and deliver good public relations.

Kawhi is represented by a guy whose agency collapsed, who is essentially working out of his car, and who has creditors hounding him, and by his uncle, who feels qualified because he once ran a bank branch, and who is trying to leverage his nephew into propping up a sports management company business venture.

Amateur hour. Massive conflicts of interest. Fouling up a relationship with perhaps the easiest franchise in pro sports to work with.

I feel sorry for Kawhi. He just wants to play basketball, but his grifter uncle and loser agent are going to squander his millions and ruin his career.

The supermax is not an option. There’s no way you can take that risk. The first time the Spurs refuse to sign some scrub that Frankel and Robertson coax to their “agency,” they’ll tell Kawhi their doctors found something and he needs to sit.

It sucks because the Spurs will get maybe 40 cents on the dollar, and it probably brings this nearly 30-year run of contention to an end. It sucks because Kawhi could forfeit up to $80 million on his next contract just so the idiots running his affairs can stay solvent.

Don’t trust people just because they are family. Crooks and grifters just start there.
    Great post. I learned that at a young age when I saw my parents having to deal with crooked relatives who would try to sell ponzi schemes to them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL "Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio." Apparently you are too young to remember this guy...

Great find. Man, if only he had killer instinct

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could you imagine Kawhi trying to do that type of commercial today. It would be pretty funny at how awkward Kawhi would look.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's likely done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle & his camp are to blame, like some have said for months -- but it's likely unrepairable.

Still small hope. Very small.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle & his camp are to blame, like some have said for months -- but it's likely unrepairable.

Still small hope. Very small.
    Why, what have you heard? Darn. I really DO NOT want Kawhi gone. I think it was you that have mentioned previously that you've got connections within the Spurs organization?

Also, if the Spurs do end up trading him, are we likely to hear anything out of the Spurs camp or Kawhi's camp before a trade, or do you think we won't hear about it until after it's done?
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-06-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, what have you heard? Darn. I really DO NOT want Kawhi gone. I think it was you that have mentioned previously that you've got connections within the Spurs organization?

Also, if the Spurs do end up trading him, are we likely to hear anything out of the Spurs camp or Kawhi's camp before a trade, or do you think we won't hear about it until after it's done?
    I don't have connections with the Spurs directly.

I do know people that do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's likely done.
    New news or just finally hearing the story from damage already done to the relationship?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs trade him, do you guys think we'll hear anything out of the Spurs or Kawhi's camp? or you think they'd both keep it quiet and we won't hear about it until after a trade? I don't know how secretive the Spurs would keep this?

I don't have connections with the Spurs directly.

I do know people that do.
    Is this recent you've heard this? Any idea if the sides have started talking yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you think they'd both keep it quiet and we won't hear about it until after a trade?
    Parker and Crater would be the only two leakers I can think of.
    Don't believe the rest want anything leaked. But then they are Yes Men so....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Also despite small market Spurs have very marketable colors and jerseys. A LeBron and Kawhi dynamic duo they could brand that perfectly with silver and black everything. Warriors, Bulls, Thunder and Spurs have the most marketable jerseys in league imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other teams will be leaking out information to further their own cause but you not going to hear anything from the Spurs. Any player who leaks knows they will get the rath of Pop and they know he is royaly pissed at Kawhi camp and just lost his wife (Don’t with Pop right now).

I imagine Pop and RC will say give us your list of teams you want to go to if we like that list will work with you. It’s in your best interest not to say a word cause if you do and it hampers the Spurs trading prospects all bets are off

From a marketing standpoint Kawhi team has to do major damage control they can’t go after Pop who is respected and loved by so many ESPN fans. Also add that he just lost his wife they will loose the media fight if they try to be dirty and go after Pop.
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-07-2018 at 02:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I imagine Pop and RC will say give us your list of teams you want to go to if we like that list will work with you.
    I've heard that statement before about asking Kawhi to give us a list of teams he'd like to be traded to. But why would we ever do that? What if his list was the Lakers and Clips, but yet Boston or Philly offered a far better package? That tactic is negotiating from a position of weakness and thus limiting the negotiating leverage. If there are no other trade parties, the Lakers and Clips won't offer .

We don't owe Kawhi a god damn thing. The Spurs--Pop, players, system , Chip England, et al--developed this mother er, and in return he has all over the Spurs.

This sucker goes where he is traded. End of convo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard that statement before about asking Kawhi to give us a list of teams he'd like to be traded to. But why would we ever do that? What if his list was the Lakers and Clips, but yet Boston or Philly offered a far better package? That tactic is negotiating from a position of weakness and thus limiting the negotiating leverage. If there are no other trade parties, the Lakers and Clips won't offer .

We don't owe Kawhi a god damn thing. The Spurs--Pop, players, system , Chip England, et al--developed this mother er, and in return he has all over the Spurs.

This sucker goes where he is traded. End of convo.
    1, Get a life,
    2, Why Boston or Philly will offer a far better package for a one-year rental of Kawhi?
    3, you make no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1, Get a life,
    2, Why Boston or Philly will offer a far better package for a one-year rental of Kawhi?
    3, you make no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source: Amico Hoops

Are you even trying with the bait?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best bet is probably to hope either the Cavs or Sixers end up with a top 3 pick. Kawhi is less likely to sign with a rebuilding team and therefore the potential trade package is much lower. However, Cavs and Sixers might both feel that Kawhi could be the missing piece that either a) convinces Lebron to re-up (Cavs) or b) puts them over the top (Sixers).

I haven't run the numbers, but something like this is probably more likely than a Boston trade:

Cavs: top 3 pick, 2020 1st rounder, Osman, Tristan Thompson +/- additional first/second rounders for Kawhi
    Sixers: top 3 pick, Fultz, Covington +/- second rounders for Kawhi

Neither of those scenarios provides a great return, and bank on the fact that a compe ive team lucks into a top 3 pick. However, both teams would at least be more incentivized to trade with the Spurs than most other teams and both also happen to be in the east.

Thread Information