San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they can build their bench through the draft tbh
    If only they had any picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Tough to rebuild with the draft when you've traded all your picks away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how the NBA and beat writers looked for excuses to explain Green calling Dolan a slave master. Then Igudola opens his mouth and now everyone has to come up with a way to rationalize his statements. If anyone in the media had the balls to call out players for these stupid statements, I would think is world wasn't going to complete .

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how the NBA and beat writers looked for excuses to explain Green calling Dolan a slave master. Then Igudola opens his mouth and now everyone has to come up with a way to rationalize his statements. If anyone in the media had the balls to call out players for these stupid statements, I would think is world wasn't going to complete .
    Mark Jackson and JVG said the same thing during the game so I give them some credit there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Jackson and JVG said the same thing during the game so I give them some credit there.
    Yeah, can't say enough, how much I love JVG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.
    Completely agree. It was a clique-ish move. Once the role players started getting their ass kicked they wanted to separate themselves from that. I'm assuming if the game was close they come out for the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they asked about it postgame btw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Durant injury doesn't happen, they would still easily win the West.
    Once Durbeta is back, they will all get their confidence back and they will kick ass. Even if they aren't as dominant as last year's team, they are still historically good and efficient.
    Pretty much the best comment in this thread so far. Worriers will still easily win the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr)
    actually i interpreted they were directed at the league....that would go in line with the team making a statement on ABC vs the spurs to stick it to the league for the ridiculous schedule. The "master" is the league and owners and the "slaves" are the predominately black players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. It was a clique-ish move. Once the role players started getting their ass kicked they wanted to separate themselves from that. I'm assuming if the game was close they come out for the second half.
    Exactly. What if their scrubs had rallied and made it close in the fourth? Would the elite crew come out of the locker room to support them then? That would have been a sad sight. Clique-ish is the right word.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brainwash me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, they already have some players that need minutes such as mcadoo and mccaw and it doesn't take much to get second rounders.. not to mention, many pure defenders with no offensive game don't even get to be drafted..
    granted, the upside is very capped, but they can make players look better than they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they asked about it postgame btw?
    Yes. They said they heard about poor little Emilio during the break so they spent the 2nd half with him in the locker room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they were trying to find out where Kawhi was so they could start recruiting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr), the Durant injury, the resting stars who never returned to the bench area, the 5 out of 7 losses, this doesn't look good at all

What a time to be a Spurs fan (hoping for Aldridge's good health albeit). Can't wait for America to be off this stupid Warriors bandwagon bull
    then the bandwagoners will just find a new team to ride that ESPN hops on their

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brow-beat me.
    Fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then the bandwagoners will just find a new team to ride that ESPN hops on their
    If Ainge were to make a smart trade, the Celtics would be that team. But Danny has been too tight-fisted with his embarrassment of riches that he has really squandered them to this point. Jared Sullinger... R J Hunter...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they were trying to find out where Kawhi was so they could start recruiting him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brainwash me.
    They didn't talk about it enough. The problem is severe and needs to be talked about until something is done about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they spent the entire second half with a little boy in the locker room? I guess actually watch a basketball game and supporting their team was not a big deal. I'm not buying it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually i interpreted they were directed at the league....that would go in line with the team making a statement on ABC vs the spurs to stick it to the league for the ridiculous schedule. The "master" is the league and owners and the "slaves" are the predominately black players
    I hope so. It highlights just how out of touch and ignorant some of these guys are. Equating the league and it's scheduling to slavery is a joke. Slaves weren't paid millions and treated like spoiled brats. These guys have no understanding of slavery if they think the NBA schedule is anything like that. The people that make the schedule make far less than the players and the association provides a platform for players to make millions and unionize when they disagree with team owners. How many people on this earth would be willing to play 4 games in 5 nights to make millions? Not saying there isn't a gripe in all this, but stop with these lazy slavery comparisons that aren't remotely legit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't talk about it enough. The problem is severe and needs to be talked about until something is done about it.
    By all means do something about it but I dont need to be told how to feel or think. Ive got my own opinions right or wrong. Also while theyre at it stop doing so many back 2 backs, which is not the way it used to be, and whats up with having them play the Spurs on the second night after back 2 backs...twice!! We play them the first game of the season and the last two, are, for GSW, the second night of back 2 backs. That seems kind of fishy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. It highlights just how out of touch and ignorant some of these guys are. Equating the league and it's scheduling to slavery is a joke. Slaves weren't paid millions and treated like spoiled brats. These guys have no understanding of slavery if they think the NBA schedule is anything like that. The people that make the schedule make far less than the players and the association provides a platform for players to make millions and unionize when they disagree with team owners. How many people on this earth would be willing to play 4 games in 5 nights to make millions? Not saying there isn't a gripe in all this, but stop with these lazy slavery comparisons that aren't remotely legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the guys are so serious about "my body hurts" then put pressure on the league to cut down the number of games in a season. But they won't do it because they'd have to take less money. The guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and es, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.
    This.

Thread Information