Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't need to make huge moves to improve.
    They could've just simply tried upgrading from what they had. There were plenty of players out there now playing much better while taking less than Fatty, Gasoft, Lauvergne, Paul, etc.
    I agree with all that, they had a horrible off-season..I'm strictly referring to the many posters who think that trading Murray or Kyle Anderson or whoever should be sufficient to acquire a star(which happened often during the off-season)..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone on the team is either trash or untradeable. It's not our fault the team was constructed that way.
    The NBA is a zero-sum game. For every win there is a loss. When talking about the quality of a team you can only compare it to teams in the same season, not in the past. The fact that the Spurs still have top 6 record with Kawhi barely playing means that they are pretty well above league average. In no world does anything above average qualify as "trash."

Too much of this site is used to post emotional rants that have no basis in reality. Then when enough people agree the ones posting those rants feel validated and keep pushing the stupidity envelope further.

Thank god for the ignore feature. All we need now is a way to hide posts that quote them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. Oh and can't forget the ones who can't be traded because of the loyalty factor despite having an expiring contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are you even commenting on? This entire thread is about jalens take which you are obviously taking seriously so don't know what your point is there.

So you're choosing not to believe Kawhi Leonard, the guy who played with the supposed injury, when he himself said it was not from last year? Ok.

Link to these reports about his quad in the postseason?
    Huh? Where did I take Jalen's comments seriously? Is it a possibility? Sure but anything is.

Already posted pic of him icing his quad during the postseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now imagine if the neccesary upgrades had been made.
    Other than Mills, I have no issue with the Spurs moves (well other than a true back up big). But even if you let Mills go, you still need to replace his three point shooting. Sure, he's been hot and cold, but you give him a full roster and add Kawhi to the mix and he gets a little more open and also doesn't take as many threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The picture does raise some questions, especially regarding Kawhi's comments this year however, nothing in that article says his quad was injured or that the quad is more of a worry than his ankle. If there is a report that says so, as you claim, then I will be even more concerned. How often do you remember him icing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what now FO and Popsuckers? They failed KW miserably and Kawai wants nothing to do with carrying this roster of scrubs. I have a feeling this is why he really doesn't want to come back to play. Having said that though I really hope I'm wrong I honestly do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is a zero-sum game. For every win there is a loss. When talking about the quality of a team you can only compare it to teams in the same season, not in the past. The fact that the Spurs still have top 6 record with Kawhi barely playing means that they are pretty well above league average. In no world does anything above average qualify as "trash."

Too much of this site is used to post emotional rants that have no basis in reality. Then when enough people agree the ones posting those rants feel validated and keep pushing the stupidity envelope further.

Thank god for the ignore feature. All we need now is a way to hide posts that quote them.
    Yeah not going to lie, I know where I lie when it comes to this and I use this medium as a way to vent my frustrations so I go overboard because I get a kick out of it. It doesn't mean that when you analyze both sides of the spectrum, the truth doesn't lie somewhere in the middle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than Mills, I have no issue with the Spurs moves (well other than a true back up big). But even if you let Mills go, you still need to replace his three point shooting. Sure, he's been hot and cold, but you give him a full roster and add Kawhi to the mix and he gets a little more open and also doesn't take as many threes.
    Mills is hardly even a knock down shooter. There are better shooters out there at his position. Some can even run an offense and don't need a 40 and 35 year olds to do it for them.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I buy this yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true tho, tbh, Leonard. You're gonna quit on your team after the last two seasons? Unlike most player fans on this forum, and while Leonard is my fav player, I'm a spurs fan first. And if this is what we get when things get a little tough then this guy. Spurs need to get ainge on the phone I can guarantee he would offer spurs a combo of Tatum/Brown/Philly pick/smart/whatever for him which would at least be a solid return
    I agree with you. Moreover, at best, the FO moves he's upset with would be signing Mills and Pau. And the moment you start pointing fingers at other players saying "he shouldn't be making this much," the moment everyone in the locker room is going to hate you. Dude's a max player for the next eight years, don't about anyone else getting paid. I fundamentally don't believe Kawhi is upset about the roster right now. But if he is, when that roster still has HCA without him, him. The team shouldn't trade him, but he damned sure needs to recalibrate his thinking, because this would not go over well on any other team either.

However, I will say that a possible reason why Kawhi is upset would be that PATFO haven't committed to giving him a supermax extension due to his injury issues. Anyone who's objectively looking at this situation can see it's a big risk. It doesn't help that it almost certainly won't be insurable unless signed much later (like this time next year), after Kawhi has had a long stretch of games while healthy. The team simply can't afford for him to be in a Rose situation. It could literally cause the franchise to fall apart. Wanting to wait makes sense, but from Kawhi's perspective, if he feels like this injury is Popigenic, then of course he's going to have no willingness to give a discount. They'd be asking him to make like $30-40 Million less than he could make all because they didn't do the right things medically. I'd tell them to send me to a team that isn't trying to screw me over.

Of course, there are many different ways the above scenario can differ from reality. The biggest of which is that I doubt there was any malpractice going on with the SA doctors. And , I also doubt the Spurs have given Kawhi any indication they won't supermax him. Someone on RealGM did say that this type of injury can really fray a player's nerves, and I think we did hear something along these lines before. That may make him significantly more irritable or likely to vent his frustrations. This is moving to career-altering territory now, and even if it has nothing to do with anything the Spurs did or didn't do, Kawhi is still likely to lash out at them first (well after Zaza).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Giannis is pissed enough about Kidd getting canned that'd he'd want out also. Wishful thinking I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Giannis is pissed enough about Kidd getting canned that'd he'd want out also. Wishful thinking I know.
    Trade Kawhi for Giannis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offering him that extra year plus the partial guarantee was probably a condition on getting him to opt out. Why else would he have done it?

Which means the FO really was going hard after a big FA to take a risk like that.
    Which means the FO was actually trying to build the best team possible.
    Which means the FO is not even close to being complacent.

You're just parroting the same kind of lines people said when ing about why the Spurs didn't get Irving. If you were GM it sounds like you would have let Pau walk. Then when you strike out on all FAs you would be sitting around 0.500 right now instead of 3rd in the West.
    I didn't complain about not getting Kyrie. Spurs didn't have the assets.

I don't find it convincing that they had to guarantee him an extra 23.5 million to get him to opt out considering it took so long for him to agree to terms after they blew their caproom. They might have winked like they'd make him whole and give a bonus, but not a 23.5 million bonus.

Pau's deal wasn't done for two weeks after all the caproom was gone after Mills and after Gay agreed to the MLE and everyone else was off the market. , it was 10 days after they agreed with Joffrey to be the only back up big.

That looks like a squeeze play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow news day for USAToday

7 absurd Kawhi Leonard trades, according to the Trade Machine

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/san-...ury-discontent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not going anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you. Moreover, at best, the FO moves he's upset with would be signing Mills and Pau. And the moment you start pointing fingers at other players saying "he shouldn't be making this much," the moment everyone in the locker room is going to hate you. Dude's a max player for the next eight years, don't about anyone else getting paid. I fundamentally don't believe Kawhi is upset about the roster right now. But if he is, when that roster still has HCA without him, him. The team shouldn't trade him, but he damned sure needs to recalibrate his thinking, because this would not go over well on any other team either.

However, I will say that a possible reason why Kawhi is upset would be that PATFO haven't committed to giving him a supermax extension due to his injury issues. Anyone who's objectively looking at this situation can see it's a big risk. It doesn't help that it almost certainly won't be insurable unless signed much later (like this time next year), after Kawhi has had a long stretch of games while healthy. The team simply can't afford for him to be in a Rose situation. It could literally cause the franchise to fall apart. Wanting to wait makes sense, but from Kawhi's perspective, if he feels like this injury is Popigenic, then of course he's going to have no willingness to give a discount. They'd be asking him to make like $30-40 Million less than he could make all because they didn't do the right things medically. I'd tell them to send me to a team that isn't trying to screw me over.

Of course, there are many different ways the above scenario can differ from reality. The biggest of which is that I doubt there was any malpractice going on with the SA doctors. And , I also doubt the Spurs have given Kawhi any indication they won't supermax him. Someone on RealGM did say that this type of injury can really fray a player's nerves, and I think we did hear something along these lines before. That may make him significantly more irritable or likely to vent his frustrations. This is moving to career-altering territory now, and even if it has nothing to do with anything the Spurs did or didn't do, Kawhi is still likely to lash out at them first (well after Zaza).
    One of your best takes, Chinook. Nice work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously I hope this all blows over and we keep Kawhi and get back to winning but if he really does want out, here are some trade ideas I would consider:

Hornets get: Kawhi
    Spurs get: Hornets 2018 1st round pick, Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb
    (Spurs could flip Kemba for more assets because already got Murray)

Hawks get: Kawhi
    Spurs get: Kings 2018 1st round pick, Vince Carter (expiring), Buddy Hield, Willie Cauley-Stein

Lakers get: Kawhi, Patty Mills
    Spurs get: Kyle Kuzma, Brook Lopez (expiring), Corey Brewer (expiring), Lakers 2019 1st round pick

Pelicans get: Kawhi
    Spurs get: Anthony Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i told you guys he wanted out but Apo

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then since his uncle already denied the reports does that mean it is the opposite of the Neymar situation?
    Neymar's uncle was stringing Barca along for that loyalty bonus. He was trying to avoid confirmation until August 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the selfish kobe who spurs fans love to rip on as a ballhog cancer played 3 seasons with garbage before starting to whine about being traded tbh
    So you're upset Kawhi doesn't want himself and the fans to go through multiple seasons with a garbage roster losing season and wants to win now? That wouldn't benefit anyone but him because he could put up a nice ppg possibly win MVP.
    And plus we don't know what's actually going on. Kl maybe liked certain players on the team and the front office let them walk. Also this is s.a not l.a far more players would like to go play in l.a then s.a.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take this with a grain of salt, if you want to believe it.

https://www.si.com/sports-illustrate...anuary-23-2018

Quote:

Jared Zwerling: "I had a phone conversation yesterday with Dennis Robertson, Kawhi's uncle and business manager, who is based in New Jersey. Dennis called me and we had a nice chat. Before Dennis called me he said he had a conversation with RC Buford, GM of the Spurs, and said they had a great conversation. Overall, here's the consensus: the story is farthest from the truth. That was a quote from Dennis. We talked about the situation. Really, there's no issue between Kawhi and the Spurs. Kawhi has the utmost respect for Popovich and Buford. It's not about any issues internally. This is about not having any more setbacks. There's no re-injury right now. The focus is strengthening that left quad. It's really important because the quad is an injury that can come back and bite you. It's an injury you can get again and re-injure a lot easily, so it's about strengthening that quad and keeping Kawhi focused on getting back to that strength to help him into the NBA situations. That's the focus right now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take this with a grain of salt, if you want to believe it.

https://www.si.com/sports-illustrate...anuary-23-2018

Quote:

Jared Zwerling: "I had a phone conversation yesterday with Dennis Robertson, Kawhi's uncle and business manager, who is based in New Jersey. Dennis called me and we had a nice chat. Before Dennis called me he said he had a conversation with RC Buford, GM of the Spurs, and said they had a great conversation. Overall, here's the consensus: the story is farthest from the truth. That was a quote from Dennis. We talked about the situation. Really, there's no issue between Kawhi and the Spurs. Kawhi has the utmost respect for Popovich and Buford. It's not about any issues internally. This is about not having any more setbacks. There's no re-injury right now. The focus is strengthening that left quad. It's really important because the quad is an injury that can come back and bite you. It's an injury you can get again and re-injure a lot easily, so it's about strengthening that quad and keeping Kawhi focused on getting back to that strength to help him into the NBA situations. That's the focus right now."
    I’m sold. Shut down these meltdown threads. Kawhi staying in SA and signing the SuperMax with the Spurs this Summer confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again not sure why anybody would take Jalen ing Rose seriously tbh...

As I said probably some tensions between Kawhi staff / crew and FO over injury treatment and rehab and maybe some of his crew complaining here and there about Spurs not getting sufficient help for Kawhi. It is nevertheless very unlikely that those rumors come from Kawhi, dude is imho entirely focused on his rehad and try to not freak out about a possible grant hill ... you think he would throw under the bus the organization when he was not able to play 10 games this season ? also very doubtful when you know a bit his personality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lots of for nothing

Thread Information