NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let's say me and you were following a script and I threw you off of a steel cage and you fell about 20 feet. Would you still shrug it off and say "it's fake fighting" as you lay on the ground in tremendous pain?
    You don't appear to undertand the word.....fighting. Nobody is...fighting....in pro rasslin', ok? They are putting on a show with a predetermined ending. Everything that can be done to play it safe is being done. That is not a fight, ok? That is a play using fake wrestling tactics....ok?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stunt men have it rough too, they get hurt, but it's an act. No one is really falling from a 30 story building to the ground.
    Well no .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    I understand that there are numerous situations in which wrestlers exaggerate contact, that's pretty obvious. My argument is that overall though these guys take a beating. I'm pretty sure the times in which they were actually taking real punishment significantly outweigh the times which they exaggerated how hard they were hit, especially when you realize these people wrestle for years. It still amazes me in a sport where numerous people have suffered concussions, brain damage, and other serious life-changing and life-threatening injuries people still shrug it off and say "It's fake fighting".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21 spurraider21

6:11 Mark, 11:30 Mark FTW

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I first started watching the rasslin' with my son Mason I wasn't going to tell him it was all fake. Like all of us he'd either figure it out or find out. Then as he got into his teens I started wondering....does he think I think it's real and doesn't wanna spoil it for me.....hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Avante this is Fake pain tbh, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's never even a black eye in wrestling
    Vader had his eyeball popped out of the socket off a "fake" punch in Japan. He had to push it back into place in the ring and continue as the match just started. I get your points, but wrestling isn't as pussy a you're trying to make it out to be.

I'm on my phone, maybe someone can link the YouTube video.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who here has played football with girls? Well the rasslin' is like that, no you're not going to....WHAM!....like you would a guy. You do all you can not to hurt them while still playing the game.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante this is Fake pain tbh, right?

Do you understand the word....intent? Without the...intent...of hurting someome, it's not an actual fight....ok?

I've talked about how rough the "sport" is, it's very rough and guys get hurt all the time. But, it's not real and we all know that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Vader had his eyeball popped out of the socket off a "fake" punch in Japan. He had to push it back into place in the ring and continue as the match just started. I get your points, but wrestling isn't as pussy a you're trying to make it out to be.

I'm on my phone, maybe someone can link the YouTube video.
    Eyeball injury at 3:40 mark

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    did you know that the bleeding is all predetermined too

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    did you know that the bleeding is all predetermined too
    The rasslers get together before the match to work out a few big ...bumps. Both having already been told the ending. The ref runs the match with signals letting them know ...time.

Most these guys went to schools and spent a couple years in the rinky dinky side of things working on their skills. If they show some talent/mic skills and the WWE thinks they might draw a little $$$$$ here they come.

As you know, it's all totally/completely/100% fake. You can't make $$$$ being hurt and everyone knows this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Greatest rassler of all time:

Avante shame on you for leaving Hacksaw Jim Duggan off your initial list

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ^ coincidentally the first winner of the Royal Rumble

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Sure its a work, but wrestlers are probably some of the toughest people on the planet. Not really someone you'd want to with in a bar fight; you would be humbled quickly. The old school "shoot" wrestlers would break one of your appendages for your trouble, and keep the hold on a little longer to "stretch you out". Avante knows what I'm talking about.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rasslin; Heaven

Once upon a time....

We had...

AWA
    WCW
    WWF
    Mid South

rasslin' on tv. And at one time there was....

WWA...LA Fred Blassie
    NWA San Francisco...Ray Stevens
    Pacific NW...Dutch Savage
    Texas.."Wild" Bull Curry
    North...Verne Gagne
    Canada...Killer Kowalski
    East Coast...Bruno Sammartino
    The South...Jackie Fargo

a little later...

CWA...Jerry "The King" Lawler
    World Class...The Von Erichs
    WCW...Ric Flair
    Mid South...Steve "Dr. Death" Williams

Vince McMahon ed that all up.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sure its a work, but wrestlers are probably some of the toughest people on the planet. Not really someone you'd want to with in a bar fight; you would be humbled quickly. The old school "shoot" wrestlers would break one of your appendages for your trouble, and keep the hold on a little longer to "stretch you out". Avante knows what I'm talking about.
    The...HUGE...difference in as bar fight and why a pro rassler would kick ass....cardio conditioning. Bar toughs have no cardio, in two minutes they're done. A pro rassler can work a good hour if need be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lived right across the street from a SCW training facility owned by Joe Blanchard. Really the only training facility in San Antonio, until it mysteriously burned to the ground. Rumours in my neighborhood said someone saw a masked man running from the scene, a Luchador mask. True story tbh I got to meet Big Bubba who turned out to be Fred Ottman aka Tugboat aka Shockmaster They would routinely get ice cream from the neighborhood ice cream man which parked conveniently across the street from my house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The...HUGE...difference in as bar fight and why a pro rassler would kick ass....cardio conditioning. Bar toughs have no cardio, in two minutes they're done. A pro rassler can work a good hour if need be.
    Amazing cardio, not quite on par with a professional boxer, but probably close. Roddy Piper said he ran 5 miles a day 5 times a week just to get ready for his Wrestlemania boxing match with Mr. T.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Was also a huge Koko B. Ware fan when I was a kid....The original "Birdman"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Do you understand the word....intent? Without the...intent...of hurting someome, it's not an actual fight....ok?

I've talked about how rough the "sport" is, it's very rough and guys get hurt all the time. But, it's not real and we all know that.
    So just because you didn't intend to hurt someone it makes it "fake" if you actually do hurt them? So it's all about intent to you? For example, you had sex with underage girls while you were overseas, you've made it clear that you didn't intend to do so and you weren't aware that these girls were underage at the time. However, just because it wasn't your intention to commit statutory rape, it doesn't make your actions "fake". You are a real rapist and pedophile.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So just because you didn't intend to hurt someone it makes it "fake" if you actually do hurt them? So it's all about intent to you? For example, you had sex with underage girls while you were overseas, you've made it clear that you didn't intend to do so and you weren't aware that these girls were underage at the time. However, just because it wasn't your intention to commit statutory rape, it doesn't make your actions "fake". You are a real rapist and pedophile.
    Then there's always reality.

We start with what was ...underage. The legal age of consent over there was ridiculous, it was something like 14. But...in order to work inside the bars a girl had to have a work permit. She had to be 18 to qualify for one.

So just like pro rasslin' you don't know anything about that world.....either. At least you're consistant.

This is pro rasslin', more or less.

At no time does Vin hit the guy.

Look ya little , the pro rasslin' biz takes a stud, a guy in fantastic shape who could probably excell at a real sport. Some did. BUT.......................don't be a ing moron, ok? It's not real and hasn't been real since the early 30's....OK?

Stupid, seen them all since the late 50's, seen guys miss a punch by a solid foot. Seen guys miss a drop kick by a solid foot. Seen so many ups it's ridiculous, don't be trying to tell me any of it is real ...ok? It isn't and only a ing idiot would think that it is, you got that got?

Go to youtube and type in......is pro wrestling fake.....tell me what you find.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-27-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WWE has died. I watched it as a kid, knew it was fake, but what the it was fun then. Now it's a ing sitcom.

Thread Information