Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh, whatever. SOMEONE was gonna do it, I just beat everyone to the punch.

Spurs in 5.
    Agreed! /drunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur a fkn Idiot ..hv u even been watchin the spurs play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people believing the Memphis thread was a reverse jinx thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur a fkn Idiot ..hv u even been watchin the spurs play?
    GNSF unite!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't, it was a "shield your psyche from soul crushing disappointment ala 2012" thread.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize in advance but my first reaction when thinking about the Spurs vs. Heat is Miami should be considered a heavy favorite. Right now, I'm thinking the Heat in 5 or 6 is a pretty damn safe bet. I hate to be this pessimistic but I just don't see how the Spurs are going to win this series. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise but ...

1. Duncan isn't playing that well. He had trouble with Zack Randolph and Bosh is just a better version than Gasol. TD has had a great season but it's asking a ton for him to shine against Bosh and Birdman.

2. Parker is hurting. He had trouble scoring against a Grizzlies team with iffy defensive guards and limited bigs. What's going to happen against Wade -- arguably the best Parker defender in the league -- and a team with legit bigmen and other players with agile length? On paper, this looks like it'll be a disastrous series for TP unless he miraculously returns to health.

3. Ginobili is no longer in the stage of his career where he can carry a team. And besides, going up against Lebron would be a tall task no matter his age.

4. Splitter played a bit better today but he's still playing without physicality. He has trouble grabbing contested boards. He still has issues finishing in crowds. Those three faults play perfectly into the Heats hands.

5. Leonard and Green just came off of a GREAT defensive series -- but Heat does their damage on the inside. There really won't be anyone for those two to shut down. Thus, it'll be much more difficult to impact the series.

6. Diaw, Bonner and Blair are all poor matchups against a physical frontline.

7. Neal's ballhandling and decision-making against that pressure defense? Yikes.

8. Does Joseph have the experience to play in what is going to be a glorified back alley dogfight?

9. The Heat are at the very least as good defensively as the Spurs. Most likely, they're better. Miami was superior offensively for the majority of this season -- but they've fallen off a cliff in the last couple games. That ball-movement that made this Spurs team special is mostly gone. They don't have much in terms of individual creators. The Spurs offense isn't awesome but their scoring, on paper at least, will be more reliable since it'll come on the inside. Add in the points they'll create by forcing turnovers and hitting the offensive glass -- and I can make a strong case for the Spurs having a better offense right now.

10. We still really don't know how good the Spurs are at the moment. Should we take anything from sweeping the Grizzlies and Lakers? Probably not. Is struggling with a Warriors team that was mediocre in the regular season a bad sign? Yeah, probably. Add in the poor way the Spurs ended the regular season -- and this team is still riddled with question marks. The Heat, on the other hand, know exactly what they are and what they aren't.

I hope beyond hope that I'm dead wrong. I really, really, really want the Spurs to win this series. (In fact, just making it to the Finals would make my year; I wouldn't even care if the Spurs lost to the Heat -- I just want this team to make the Finals one last time.)

Hopefully there are a few pieces to the puzzle that I'm missing. Maybe one of you can give me some hope. Maybe when I crunch the numbers, I'll see it differently.

I want to believe -- but as I'm sitting here right now, I just can't do it by any logical means. I'm sorry.

Go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reverse jinx is stupid. Spurs is the best in getting open shots with ball movements. Spurs need to sink those shots, to open the lane for TD and even Tiago's PNR. Bosh and Tweety are undersized. Control the boards and prevent fastbreaks.

Spurs Ball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Pacers have real bangers inside. The Spurs will play Splitter, Diaw and Bonner
    Still one big short.Story of post 2007 Spurs since Duncan can't carry team by itself no more.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimVP not taking the bait

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reverse jinx is stupid. Spurs is the best in getting open shots with ball movements. Spurs need to sink those shots, to open the lane for TD and even Tiago's PNR. Bosh and Tweety are undersized. Control the boards and prevent fastbreaks.
    This wasn't a reverse jinx thread.

Although, apparently, people didn't find it funny... This was an "insider" thread to call TimVP out for his TPARK actions this year. Most of you newbs probably wont even know what that means, and I don't care to explain it, but LJ does know. I'm sure he laughed about this thread when he saw it... if not, he is the new TPARK.

By the by Tpark, Nothing against you man..

Im going to do it again WHEN the Spurs win the le this year.

I'd be curious to find out how many people are still here from back in the day when Tpark had his playoff meltdown. For the newbs, Tpark is still here but under a different username. I'm not claiming to be an old hat at all, but from 2005 I've seen some crazy posts on this site....

I miss Whott.
    Last edited by phyzik; 06-04-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The media loves the CHeat and bandwaggoner fans accross the Nation love DumbWade and LeFraud. So the CHeat will be the proclaimed favorite. But that is because the casual fan has now idea about this Spurs team. They don't realize how well the Spurs shoot the ball from the outside now. They think the Spurs are the slow down methodical in the paint team. WRONG
    The Spurs are like a Double Edge Sword. Now Pick which side you want to be cut with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol phyzik doing timvp doing tpark doing cliff jumper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truth bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't, it was a "shield your psyche from soul crushing disappointment ala 2012" thread.
    truth bomb

Thread Information