Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to basketball reference, his defensive rating is 105. 104 for Diaw and 107 for Parker. Not great, but his offensive rating was third on the team for players in the rotation. His PER for last season was 15.0, league average. Sorry. If you hate him, you're just going to have to man up and accept that there's no evidence to back you up.
    so you saw a stat saying belinelli was third in defensive rating and you believed it?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you saw a stat saying belinelli was third in defensive rating and you believed it?
    Where was that stat? I certainly didn't see it. Go back and read it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    marco's defense was exposed in the playoffs against better compe ion, thats all it was. he's a good regular season player... and can come in for minutes at a time in the playoffs to hit a shot or two. his shot against miami in game 3 established the momentum for the series

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly a bias against italians
    Pretty sure Raven had some Italian guy give her the long, thick sausage and never called her again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was that stat? I certainly didn't see it. Go back and read it again.
    i'm sorry, you're right.. don't know why you switched to offensive rating though, felt uncomfortable?..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Raven had some Italian guy give her the long, thick sausage and never called her again.
    shut up, you still need to apologise for every time i was right and you were wrong about the guy. Don't dare me to bump those..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confirmed, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our 3rd shooting guard can't play big minutes in the playoffs/finals. cut him now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli Signs. Wins Championship for the first time in 7 years. Coincidence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli Signs. Wins Championship for the first time in 7 years. Coincidence?
    Doubt it has anything to do with Beli. Ayres has been to two consecutive conference finals. Gotta believe that Jeff was the real missing piece here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it has anything to do with Beli. Ayres has been to two consecutive conference finals. Gotta believe that Jeff was the real missing piece here.
    Think bigger. It was the combination of the two that led to the ultimate prize. Brilliant use of the MLE, rarely equaled in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone saying he is one of the worst players in the NBA doesn't watch much NBA basketball. There are any number of no defense players in the league. It really doesn't matter much in the regular season and many teams never make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belli seemed to have poor core strength and it hurt him on both ends of the floor. His shooting stroke masks it on the offensive end but he got pushed around especially when he was asked to play out of position at the 3.

Belli was doing cross training which is designed to build core strength and if he improves his base that could help. Splitter went through a similar transition when he got here. He is never going to be overpowering but functional with that shooting stroke would go a long way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for 15th man on roster. Has he even made a shot this preseason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The face of franchise right now...he played more minutes in these three preseason games than any guy on the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 minutes
    game lost by 31
    high bbiq
    knockdown shooter can't hit even the sea
    average defender gets abused by pizza guy and archie ing goodwin allowing 5/6 from range

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll be frank, anyone thinking he is any better than bottom 10 in the league doesn't deserve to live.

Wow. Worst Take of the Year nominee ^^^^^.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to basketball-reference.com, the active players Belinelli most closely resembles in terms of win shares are Tyreke Evans (making $11,000,000 this year), Eric Gordon (making $14,800,000 this year), Steve Blake (making $2,100,000 this year), and Nate Robinson (making $2,100,000). Belinelli will make $2,870,000 this season. Seems like a pretty good deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think people are starting to harp too much on how good of a value Beli's deal is. The Spurs aren't against the tax. The had the full MLE each of the last two seasons. They could have afforded to pay someone else more money. For example, I would have taken Korver on a full-MLE deal over Beli on his value deal any day (and, no, I'm not blaming the Spurs for not getting Korver; they did what they could). Webster? Probably. Carter for the contract he got this year? Good chance, though he's a little too old.

In case anyone is wonder, Ayres was also good value for his contract. I don't hate Beli, but I still feel like the team wasted an opportunity to get an impact player. I really hope the team doesn't earmark money for Marco before looking at next year's free-agent class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True-- but wanting a player and getting a player are two things that can be worlds apart. I wanted the Spurs to get Josh McRoberts because I thought his style of play would fit in perfectly with the Spurs' system and he could be had for the MLE. The Spurs reportedly showed interest in him, but he decided to go elsewhere... I also thought Mike Dunleavy would've been a better choice than Belinelli, but he chose Chicago.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 minutes
    game lost by 31
    high bbiq
    average defender gets abused by pizza guy and archie ing goodwin allowing 5/6 from range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco looks bad so far. But he'll come around. I still expect a solid season (although haters will continue to hate because he's not the Spurs leading scorer.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco looks bad so far. But he'll come around. I still expect a solid season (although haters will continue to hate because he's not the Spurs leading scorer.)
    So long as at least one of him or Anderson shows up, I'm fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 minutes
    game lost by 31
    high bbiq
    Ignores an entire year of stats, broken down a half dozen different ways.
    Feels vindicated by a preseason game in which the starting lineup and the coach didn't even make the trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information