Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, this ensures the Spurs repeat in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so basically we have the same roster from last year, but need to presumably make space or Anderson. does that mean its over for Bonner? I'd rather have kept bonner for the min than keep daye around
    Ditto tbh, especially after drafting SloMo. I'm still holding out hope that we can get rid of Daye/Ayres this summer.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so basically we have the same roster from last year, but need to presumably make space or Anderson. does that mean its over for Bonner? I'd rather have kept bonner for the min than keep daye around
    I really doubt Anderson sees much time on the roster next year. He'll almost certainly be in Austin most of the year like Joseph in his rookie season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't. I'm sure the 18.5M number is the total of the salaries for years 1 and 2 plus the guaranteed portion of year 3.
    Kudos to Boris and the Spurs for coming up with a very good contract for both sides. Boris will play for a team where his abilities are maximised and where he feels at home. He will also be paid a substantial increase from his previous contract (an annual increase of nearly 90% per year). As for the Spurs, they maintain a degree of cap flexibility in 2016-17 while retaining a good core of Leonard, Mills, Splitter, Diaw and Parker in 2015-16. If Manu Ginobili manages to stay healthy in the 2015 playoffs and then commits to a final year for the veteran's minimum or a much lower salary and perhaps if Duncan too does so, then the Spurs would be in a decent position to get a new FA to add to the mix in 2015 itself. Correct me if I am wrong, please!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj has great sources, but apparently isn't that strong on his cap knowledge. He laid out an impossible scenario for Phoenix to max out James and Bosh in an article this week.
    Yeah, he's the best, but he's not perfect. He also got some things wrong in an article about Aldridge's possible extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt Anderson sees much time on the roster next year. He'll almost certainly be in Austin most of the year like Joseph in his rookie season.
    Meh Joseph asked to spend more time in Austin. I dont see it there, especially if Boris starts...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can y'all wait until the details come out damn. No point in predicting the obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, as a first round pick, iirc he's guaranteed a spot on the 15 man roster... doesn't mean he can't be in austin/inactive, but a roster spot nonetheless
    Ditto tbh, especially after drafting SloMo. I'm still holding out hope that we can get rid of Daye/Ayres this summer.
    nba if RC pulls that off
    They ended the season with 15 on the roster including Damion James. They have enough roster spots to bring everyone back and add Anderson.
    forgot about james

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OFFICIAL: Spurs are repeating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to Boris and the Spurs for coming up with a very good contract for both sides. Boris will play for a team where his abilities are maximised and where he feels at home. He will also be paid a substantial increase from his previous contract (an annual increase of nearly 90% per year). As for the Spurs, they maintain a degree of cap flexibility in 2016-17 while retaining a good core of Leonard, Mills, Splitter, Diaw and Parker in 2015-16. If Manu Ginobili manages to stay healthy in the 2015 playoffs and then commits to a final year for the veteran's minimum or a much lower salary and perhaps if Duncan too does so, then the Spurs would be in a decent position to get a new FA to add to the mix in 2015 itself. Correct me if I am wrong, please!
    There are various possibilities, but I think they're moving the cap space window to 2017. Watch for an extension for Parker that ends in 2017, aligning his contract with Boris, Patty, and Splitter.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OFFICIAL: Spurs are repeating
    Not if Manu plays for Argentina

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs have the mld to use want to use on gasol
    vet min also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are various possibilities, but I think they're moving the cap space window to 2017. Watch for an extension for Parker that ends in 2017, aligning his contract with Boris, Patty, and Splitter.
    That's f'n nuts considering how done the Spurs looked after 2010 & 2011 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are spending the MLE then Bonner is for sure gone if he won't play for the minimum.
    I hope so(plus if we sign baynes and someone for mle, there will be no more roster spots) But wouldn't we have his bird right too? We are enough under the luxury tax to get someone for mle with planty of room to spare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to hold onto Daye tbh; I think he hasn't gotten a fair shake yet in the NBA and the potential to be a rotation player is there. Errors can diaf tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj says the first two years are $18.5M, but no way that works under the CBA if the total deal is $22.5M, right?
    that number includes the guarantee from the third year i think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 8, 7/.5, 7 with 3 guaranteed? Probably the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and I think the $18.5mm guaranteed is over the three years not over two as some people have quoted. That means year 3 would be $3.0mm guaranteed out of $7.0mm.
    They are saying 2 yrs because if he is cut after two years, he is payed 18.5 but if he plays the third year he will get the rest of his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good contract, both money and term wise (since they can basically to cut ties after two years). When you look at comparable players, as far as fringe starer - third bigs types, Gibson, Ilyasova and Anderson, all make $8-9M on average, while Bass, Johnson and Patterson, all make $6-7M on average. Diaw now slots in between the two groups, which is about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are officially contenders (perhaps favorites) to repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's f'n nuts considering how done the Spurs looked after 2010 & 2011 tbh.
    Look at where the Lakers and the Spurs were 4 years ago today. Even the most delusional optimist couldn't have predicted where the two franchises would be in 2014.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    great news; now they should get Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to hold onto Daye tbh; I think he hasn't gotten a fair shake yet in the NBA and the potential to be a rotation player is there. Errors can diaf tho.
    Eh, I like Daye too. Will have to see what he does in the offseason.

As of what I saw from him last season, he's too slow to guard 3s and too skinny to guard 4s. He has one NBA skill and the Spurs have shown the ability in the past to bring in shooters.

Thread Information