Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noone is even talking about this guy. I mean, he arguably could have been the best overall player in the finals. Yeah, Lebron deserved it, but damn Kyrie stuck it to Curry and the Warriors. Dude was nails.

Yall gotta give it up for Kyrie. If I started a franchise, I would have Kyrie as my point because I KNOW he can get it done in the finals and crunch time. Lillard would be my #2 pick and Chris Paul #3 due to his age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op with the click bait thread

kyrie b4 lebron arrived has achieved jack in a leastern conference, if he was that damn good at leasts get a no.8 playoff spot for godsakes...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is definitely not getting enough love in the media for this le. LeBron had unbelievable stats but Irving hit the coldest shot I have seen since... , I can't even think of another shot like his. A shot with the game tied that was defended well that completely buried the other team. To stick that shot right in Curry's face and to take it from tie game to game over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is definitely not getting enough love in the media for this le. LeBron had unbelievable stats but Irving hit the coldest shot I have seen since... , I can't even think of another shot like his. A shot with the game tied that was defended well that completely buried the other team. To stick that shot right in Curry's face and to take it from tie game to game over.
    True, but a part of me died for a second when I read "Love".

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noone is even talking about this guy. I mean, he arguably could have been the best overall player in the finals. Yeah, Lebron deserved it, but damn Kyrie stuck it to Curry and the Warriors. Dude was nails.

Yall gotta give it up for Kyrie. If I started a franchise, I would have Kyrie as my point because I KNOW he can get it done in the finals and crunch time. Lillard would be my #2 pick and Chris Paul #3 due to his age.
    So, if you were starting a team, you'd take Irving over Curry or Westbrook?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stick to fawtboxes, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie ... best pg now?
    Kyrie, you ever think of running for class president??!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if you were starting a team, you'd take Irving over Curry or Westbrook?
    Yes.......... Kyrie can pass, has handles, can finish at the rim, hit the 3, and most of all doesnt choke. He is a complete PG.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree.
    Outside of the iconic moment of MJ over russell not very many series deciding one on one plays that I can recall in a finals.
    Paxson and Kerr hit jumpers off a Mj feed.
    Even Horry over Waalace was a spot up jumper off a Manu play (IIRC)

So we have Magic's baby skyhook ...
    the Mj shove ...
    and now Kyrie's dagger

Kyrie's may have been the coldest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd both said Kyrie deserved MVP consideration.

Also, ill-advised shot by Kyrie. Game was tied, they only needed a 2, instead of a low-percentage 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the off balance kiss the glass bank shots at the rim...........one with his left hand. What about the rebound and put back prior to the 3 buried in Currys pie hole? Kyrie put on a clinic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Also, ill-advised shot by Kyrie. Game was tied, they only needed a 2, instead of a low-percentage 3.
    It was but he was in a rhythm. Same as the Curry deep 3's not really well advised shots but when the player is rollin' you have to live with it ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All ISO plays are low percentage. It's better he made sure he got the separation than to dribble into the trees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to be the biggest reversal from people writing him off as a ball stopper who couldn't do anything on the big stage to suddenly an nba Champion who schooled curry and was borderline a finals mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.
    Outside of the iconic moment of MJ over russell not very many series deciding one on one plays that I can recall in a finals.
    Paxson and Kerr hit jumpers off a Mj feed.
    Even Horry over Waalace was a spot up jumper off a Manu play (IIRC)

So we have Magic's baby skyhook ...
    the Mj shove ...
    and now Kyrie's dagger

Kyrie's may have been the coldest.
    Yeah, Kyrie's is definitely the coldest. Magic's hook shot only put his team up 1, Bird hits that great look he got from the baseline and the series is 2-2. Jordan's shot put them up 2, but Stockton got a great look at a three to win it. But Irving's shot, your best case scenario is tying the game back and the whole building went into panic mode when he dropped that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kyrie's is definitely the coldest. Magic's hook shot only put his team up 1, Bird hits that great look he got from the baseline and the series is 2-2. Jordan's shot put them up 2, but Stockton got a great look at a three to win it. But Irving's shot, your best case scenario is tying the game back and the whole building went into panic mode when he dropped that.
    great points and Magic's was early in the series.
    But Kyrie's was not as late in the game as Magic's or Jordan's (IIRC) plus you have to factor that when Magic hit his they were down, not tied.
    Trailing by 1 to go up one is more pressure packed imho
    Jordan and Kyrie's were true deciding moments

Irving's was the MOST clutch shot in the Finals I ever saw because of the timing and cir stance ...but a tied game is less clutch.
    Kyrie did not need a push off on his or even need a running start like Magic.
    He just beat his man 1 on 1 and stuck the j in his eye.

And state had a chance to tie the game as well btw ... Curry bricked.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-21-2016 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's Irving's game though. He might be the best ballhandler I have ever seen, only Curry is close in that regard. And like Curry, these isos off the dribble that are horrible shots for the rest of the league are always strong options for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Kyrie is definitely the best Fluke player I've ever seen tbh ... No way you see Boozer's ass coming up big on that stage

But for real, he's gotta be top 3 now. Take your pick between Paul, Westbrook and him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He never saw the playoffs before Lebron came back. He's a good player, but not a great PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is definitely the best Fluke player I've ever seen tbh ... No way you see Boozer's ass coming up big on that stage

But for real, he's gotta be top 3 now. Take your pick between Paul, Westbrook and him.
    lol no.

Best PG in the league is Steph Curry.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    lol no.

Best PG in the league is Steph Curry.
    Oh, I forgot about that guy

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is an amazing scorer. So much so that he manages to get away with not seeming to understand the game situation. Not sure how that's changed in the last few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie, you ever think of running for class president??!

Thread Information