Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When that track came out, Cube went from one of the biggest names in rap to "Are We There Yet?"
    Common is one of self-righteous conscience s that smoke weed and s white girls at night but talks about the whiteman during the day. That song was lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Met Cubes at a party in Miami years ago. Short ass ngga that walk like a mini bulldog. Cool dude dou

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Balwdwin Hill is in the Crenshaw district. If you know that area then you know that the Black P. Stones are in the Jungles. Those are the same projects they filmed Training Day at. I know that area like the palm of my hand. Ladera Heights is right there as well... so you have some nice homes over there but the closer you get to Crenshaw and Slauson... the worse it gets. Back in the day if I met a girl on Crenshaw and she said she lived in the Jungles... I'd just toss her number.
    Depends on where you are. Even right where you are talking about at Crenshaw and Adams there are nice homes north of Adams blvd all the way to USC. Then you got Baldwin Hills, Leimert Park, view park, etc., all bunched up together. A lot of these areas are much better than back in the day.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Great movie. Love the Bye Felicia scene

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great movie. Love the Bye Felicia scene
    What's up with Eazy wearing 90s White Sox gear in the mid 80s though?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with Eazy wearing 90s White Sox gear in the mid 80s though?
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in the media, BB,,,,they ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Met Cubes at a party in Miami years ago. Short ass ngga that walk like a mini bulldog. Cool dude dou
    Just as long as you didn't go home with Eazy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they show Dre beating up women? Just wondering....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/ar...hurt.html?_r=0

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Did they show Dre beating up women? Just wondering....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/ar...hurt.html?_r=0
    No. It's an NWA movie. Not solely a Dre movie.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Besides, the original cut of the movie was supposed to be 3 and a half hours.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Never heard about Cube trashing the office at Priority Records. True or Hollywood bull ?
    It really happened.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/10415...the-real-story

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Met Cubes at a party in Miami years ago. Short ass n that walk like a mini bulldog. Cool dude dou

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides, the original cut of the movie was supposed to be 3 and a half hours.
    I hope that eventually gets released. I don't like how they jumped from Boyz in the Hood to Straight Outta Compton without any of NWA & the Posse and the departures of Arabian Prince, Ron De Vu, and the Fila Fresh Crew right before NWA was about to hit big. And I would have liked to hear a bit more about CIA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that eventually gets released. I don't like how they jumped from Boyz in the Hood to Straight Outta Compton without any of NWA & the Posse and the departures of Arabian Prince, Ron De Vu, and the Fila Fresh Crew right before NWA was about to hit big. And I would have liked to hear a bit more about CIA.

I think they blew a great opportunity to show the irony of how your black preachers, civil leaders, and politicians were united in silencing gangsta rap... specifically NWA, and yet they are marching and ing and moaning about police brutality today. Years later it comes to light that Al Sharpton was a FBI mob rat.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think they blew a great opportunity to show the irony of how your black preachers, civil leaders, and politicians were united in silencing gangsta rap... specifically NWA, and yet they are marching and ing and moaning about police brutality today. Years later it comes to light that Al Sharpton was a FBI mob rat.
    The Weekend of Luva

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Troof bombs. Saw it last night with the wife and the "reel collection movie club" at work. Was funny to see the reactions of urban youth of that era and area like myself vs. some of my more sheltered co-workers. The scene on the school bus was chilling as were the riot scenes. Being hit up asking what set you claim and what colors you were were real even in the valley ... but everyone loved the movie I was with old/young black, white asian and hispanic. Was beautiful to see ...I know we have a long way to go but I remember seeing boyznthehood as a kid and the trouble it caused in it's early showings with fights etc. Havent heard of any issues with SOOC ...

Great bumping music even the non concert scenes. if you listened close even the oldies played in quieter moments as well as some of the call outs to Wu-tang, craig Mack etc in later club scenes was great. I always appreciated rap from all sides as long as it was good. I was born in Brooklyn and love Kane, Nas, Jay etc. Andre 3000 is probably one of my favorite Mc's of all-time but of course I have a huge soft spot for wEst coast artists and Cube was one of the best. But as many have said Ren, Eazy and Dre were all instrumental ...one question what happened to Arabian Prince? He was one of the OG members of NWA ... but phased out of the group later on ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He left the group over money before Straight out of Compton was finished.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He left the group over money before Straight out of Compton was finished.
    hmmm, one of my homies who actually is from South Central (lives in SA now an d HATES the spurs like Kool or Cully does) felt the Eazy scenes were to much and said he almost felt there was a -erotic vibe. I think he was "projecting" because there were rumors of that at least in the hood especially after no Vaseline but even before. Not many understood how E could remain loyal to er over the talent he let leave like Cube and Dre. I dont think any of that is true ... but there was talk of that ...? did anyone get that from the flick? I did not ...but it did seem a bit much.

Also read a few excerpts from er's book and seen some interviews his perspective is interesting:

- Says DOC was the best pure rapper he has ever seen 2nd only to Rakim and if the car accident didnt happen he would of been arguably the GOAT Also said that DOc's writing was just as key to NWA as Cube ...HE also blames DOC not Dre for allowing suge to get close to their circle and ruin Ruthless ...

- Still argues that if he was stealing why didn't anyone sure him for royalties/damages?

- Says he brokered the deal that Dre signed with Interscope (and if he was o horrible why would Dre let him be a part of it?)

- Also says that Cube was jealous of Easy and the other guys because he could get no pu$$y

This was all from a radio interview i saw on Youtube on some hip hop show. I believe some of what he says and you can tell he really did care for easy even after Wright fired him. But I think he shortchanges Cube in his book and in interviews and im sure you let a Jew break up our crew is still the reason why.

One last related note didnt know that the beep from Kim who could buck all night is Cube's now wife and O'shea Junior's mom. HE talked about performing that song with his pops and how awkward that was ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as long as you didn't go home with Eazy
    Nah. I met him later. Easy E was already pushing up daysies.

I met cubes in between Next Friday and Friday After Next

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm, one of my homies who actually is from South Central (lives in SA now an d HATES the spurs like Kool or Cully does) felt the Eazy scenes were to much and said he almost felt there was a -erotic vibe. I think he was "projecting" because there were rumors of that at least in the hood especially after no Vaseline but even before. Not many understood how E could remain loyal to er over the talent he let leave like Cube and Dre. I dont think any of that is true ... but there was talk of that ...? did anyone get that from the flick? I did not ...but it did seem a bit much.

Also read a few excerpts from er's book and seen some interviews his perspective is interesting:

- Says DOC was the best pure rapper he has ever seen 2nd only to Rakim and if the car accident didnt happen he would of been arguably the GOAT Also said that DOc's writing was just as key to NWA as Cube ...HE also blames DOC not Dre for allowing suge to get close to their circle and ruin Ruthless ...

- Still argues that if he was stealing why didn't anyone sure him for royalties/damages?

- Says he brokered the deal that Dre signed with Interscope (and if he was o horrible why would Dre let him be a part of it?)

- Also says that Cube was jealous of Easy and the other guys because he could get no pu$$y

This was all from a radio interview i saw on Youtube on some hip hop show. I believe some of what he says and you can tell he really did care for easy even after Wright fired him. But I think he shortchanges Cube in his book and in interviews and im sure you let a Jew break up our crew is still the reason why.

One last related note didnt know that the beep from Kim who could buck all night is Cube's now wife and O'shea Junior's mom. HE talked about performing that song with his pops and how awkward that was ...
    Unless Eazy was an IV drug user he had to be always into something, getting ed at night. It ain't eazy for hetero men to get the AIDS tbh.

I like DOC, but no way he was anywhere close to Rakim. His solo had some great work on it and I loved his verses in NWA & the Posse (too bad the Fila Fresh Crew was ting up the rest of the songs he appeared on though), but nah man, no comparison to Paid in Full. I think the closest MC the west coast ever had to Rakim was Ice T. Iceberg has to be the most underrated rapper ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw it last week. great movie. it should have been a four hour movie so all the day one fans(not me) can get everything they wanted but i understand why they kept it short.

look at this salty cac's poster in the back ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and ice cube's wife is fine as . probably the most beautiful hip hop wife of all time. word.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    oh and ice cube's wife is fine as . probably the most beautiful hip hop wife of all time. word.
    You may be right ... but Ice t's wife had a bad a$$ body in her prime ...

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I stopped by Eric Wright's grave a few weeks back on my way to my friend's pops funeral. Somebody left a 40 of Ol E and some prophylactics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped by Eric Wright's grave a few weeks back on my way to my friend's pops funeral. Somebody left a 40 of Ol E and some prophylactics.
    Did they look at you funny when you started drinking it?

Thread Information