Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why do we even have a universe, stars, planets? Why do we have anything? You don't have a clue and neither does anyone else, but there it all is so yes we can have somethings nobody can explain.....right?

A huge ball of fire of just hanging there, the Earth just hanging out in space......why? Think about just how amazing that really is.

You might have some need to put limits, restrictions on things, I don't.
    I agree that it's amazing, awesome and mind boggling. I also agree with that there's a possibility some being put things into motion.

I disagree that there needs to be an answer to why, that there needs to be a specific purpose. While I agree there's a possibility of a divine being, I disagree that belief in that being should be the default position

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree that it's amazing, awesome and mind boggling. I also agree with that there's a possibility some being put things into motion.

I disagree that there needs to be an answer to why, that there needs to be a specific purpose. While I agree there's a possibility of a divine being, I disagree that belief in that being should be the default position
    Most people simply want to have something to be able to come to when things are rough. They don't want this.."well, can ya prove it, huh huh huh????, where is the evidence, huh huh huh????" Why anyone would even play that...?

Old lady just lost her husband, she NEEDS...."he's in a better place now". Not..."can ya prove it, where that evidence?"

Little kids dog dies, it is really the best time...."no nope, no doogie heaven, he's just dead"

no we can;'t prove the existance of a Superior Being, but we need one.....ok? Why fight it when it's real obvious most people just don;'t care about proof?

There ya are in a foxhole surrounded by the bad guys, your buddy is ....God, I need a favor....that sure beats the out of...we are goners, aren't we?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

You might have some need to put limits, restrictions on things, I don't.

Why is there a supreme being?

Avante is too stupid to realize he is putting a limit on things.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All it takes is tell this re you will be ignoring him because he bores ya and is a moron. And here he comes, hahahahha~~~~~ Notice all the freak does here is Avante? Not unlike a couple others.

Avanteitist is strong, once you have it, you are like a junkie, ya gotta have that fix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    And back to crickets

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Most people simply want to have something to be able to come to when things are rough. They don't want this.."well, can ya prove it, huh huh huh????, where is the evidence, huh huh huh????" Why anyone would even play that...?
    I think it's a rational way to avoid believing in silly things like Zeus, fairies, and unicorns

Old lady just lost her husband, she NEEDS...."he's in a better place now". Not..."can ya prove it, where that evidence?"
    I completely understand that it'scomforting . What I'm saying is that it doesn't make it true. If an old woman's husband was diagnosed with cancer, it would be comforting to believe there is a cure for cancer. That doesn't make it true.

Little kids dog dies, it is really the best time...."no nope, no doogie heaven, he's just dead"
    See above. I don't doubt the comforting effect. I doubt the accuracy

no we can;'t prove the existance of a Superior Being, but we need one.....ok? Why fight it when it's real obvious most people just don;'t care about proof?
    We disagree whether or not we "need" a supreme being. Really really wanting it to be true doesn't make it true. It becomes a faith based belief.

There ya are in a foxhole surrounded by the bad guys, your buddy is ....God, I need a favor....that sure beats the out of...we are goners, aren't we?
    You keep making this same point. I'm sure belief in a supreme being and afterlife us comforting. What I'm saying is really wishing something is true doesn't make it true

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it's a rational way to avoid believing in silly things like Zeus, fairies, and unicorns

I completely understand that it'scomforting . What I'm saying is that it doesn't make it true. If an old woman's husband was diagnosed with cancer, it would be comforting to believe there is a cure for cancer. That doesn't make it true.

See above. I don't doubt the comforting effect. I doubt the accuracy

We disagree whether or not we "need" a supreme being. Really really wanting it to be true doesn't make it true. It becomes a faith based belief.

You keep making this same point. I'm sure belief in a supreme being and afterlife us comforting. What I'm saying is really wishing something is true doesn't make it true
    Does it really matter if it's true ot not? If a persons life is better because they think it's true, what else really matters? And since nobody can prove there isn't a God.................................

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Does it really matter if it's true ot not? If a persons life is better because they think it's true, what else really matters? And since nobody can prove there isn't a God.................................
    Does it matter if it's true? Yeah I think so. If I knew it was true, I'd have no trouble believing it. That's the whole point.

Does it make people feel better? Absolutely. Like I said earlier in the thread, this country promises the freedom to practice religion. I'm personally not a fan, but recognize people can believe what they want. Where I take a stand is when people try to inject their religious views into government and classrooms

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does it matter if it's true? Yeah I think so. If I knew it was true, I'd have no trouble believing it. That's the whole point.

Does it make people feel better? Absolutely. Like I said earlier in the thread, this country promises the freedom to practice religion. I'm personally not a fan, but recognize people can believe what they want. Where I take a stand is when people try to inject their religious views into government and classrooms
    So this country would be better off without...IN GOD WE TRUST...? Kids would be better off with no hope/faith in anything, really?

Where is that country without a God?

The with Notre Dame, BYU, Dallas Baptist, Abilene Christian, TCU, Oklahoma Christian, Fresno Pacific.....right?

The with....

The 50 Best Christian High Schools in America

America has over 16 million high school students. Of these, about 1.3 million attend 12,000 private high schools, the majority of which are religiously affiliated and explicitly Christian (see ref1 and ref2).
    In this article, TheBestSchools.org showcases what we regard as the 50 best Christian high schools in the United States. This is not a ranking—the order of schools is alphabetical.
    In selecting Christian high schools for inclusion on this list, we used the following criteria:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most people simply prefer a life with a God in it and they really don't need any proof, yep....just don't care.

To play this silly....where is the evidence.......nay~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So this country would be better off without...IN GOD WE TRUST...? Kids would be better off with no hope/faith in anything, really?

The with Notre Dame, BYU, Dallas Baptist, Abilene Christian, TCU, Oklahoma Christian, Fresno Pacific.....right?

The with....

America has over 16 million high school students. Of these, about 1.3 million attend 12,000 private high schools, the majority of which are religiously affiliated and explicitly Christian (see ref1 and ref2).
    In this article, TheBestSchools.org showcases what we regard as the 50 best Christian high schools in the United States. This is not a ranking—the order of schools is alphabetical.
    In selecting Christian high schools for inclusion on this list, we used the following criteria:
    like i said, i recognize the first amendment and support in everybody's right to practice their religion

i just dont like religion being pushed into government and (public) education

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

The with....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most people simply prefer a life with a God in it and they really don't need any proof, yep....just don't care.

To play this silly....where is the evidence.......nay~~~~
    Chirp

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    like i said, i recognize the first amendment and support in everybody's right to practice their religion

i just dont like religion being pushed into government and (public) education
    How does religion in any form and anywhere effect you? Would we ever have someone like you as our president?

ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you better hope there's not a god.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How does religion in any form and anywhere effect you? Would we ever have someone like you as our president?

ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
    religion affects everybody if its part of our education system and government. this is why the first amendment was designed to not allow that to happen

under god was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954

you always tell me to be open minded about other peoples beliefs, yet you're the only one who can't accept that any view besides your own can be legitimate

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
    When a Muslim walks by, your underwear is affected.

Things we know

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    religion affects everybody if its part of our education system and government. this is why the first amendment was designed to not allow that to happen

under god was added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954

you always tell me to be open minded about other peoples beliefs, yet you're the only one who can't accept that any view besides your own can be legitimate
    Religion has never effected my life at all, how has it effected yours? How would your life be any different without any religions ever existing?

God or no God it wouldn't have mattered even a little bit in my life. But it effected yours, how?

I'll ask AGAIN.

What country has no religion? How come tribes lost in the jungles of Africa have a God? How come all the American indians had their Gods?

WHO...doesn't have their Gods, well?

Some years ago they found a lost tribe on one of those Phillipine islands, they were totally lost from civilization. Yep, they worshipped a God....................why?

How would your life be any worst off with a God in it, well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    There are primitive atheist tribes out there, dummy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When a Muslim walks by, your underwear is affected.

Things we know
    This coming from a little who sees the name... Avante.... and he s all over himself.

Things we know

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Avante is the biggest all hat no cattle cricket I've ever seen here

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Blake has the worst case of Aventeitist we have seen here. Look at little , just find Avante and there he will be, hahaha~~~~ Avante is all he does here.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Poor little kid, so into Avante it's comical.

What an amazing poster I am, knowing exactly what buttons to push, hahahaha~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    did the "mud" ever get off of judy?

Thread Information