Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Of all years. But hopefully in a top notch system with this group of guys he can start to put some of that promise together finally. Or maybe he busts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is so not coming back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been fine as a four. That's especially true given Jean-Charles' superior mobility and timing. My biggest worry , honestly is that he seems to have those Jeff Ayres stone hands.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

could have been Ayres real dad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they sign two rookies, they won't have a max space unless they trade Green or Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they sign two rookies, they won't have a max space unless they trade Green or Parker.
    That's true, but Bertans already took them out of that sweepstakes. It also doesn't sound like Parker even thinks him being traded is a possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David West is 6'9". Didn't help against OKC.
    it's really about matchups. it's not an easy landscape for an FO to traverse through. you have to be able to deal with the likes of a GS roster which is substantially different from the lineups that an OKC or Cleveland can throw at you (not to mention the clippers). a player who might not be able to give you much in one series can be a life-save in another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utterly unimpressed by this player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true, but Bertans already took them out of that sweepstakes. It also doesn't sound like Parker even thinks him being traded is a possibility.
    Trading Diaw and Mills won't be able to free up max room? RC's comment that Murray might not play in SL because of the sequence of contract signings makes me think they're still going to try for max room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's really about matchups. it's not an easy landscape for an FO to traverse through. you have to be able to deal with the likes of a GS roster which is substantially different from the lineups that an OKC or Cleveland can throw at you (not to mention the clippers). a player who might not be able to give you much in one series can be a life-save in another.
    I agree, the Spurs built themselves to beat GS, but then OKC happened. I guess it's fine to have a youthful athletic 6'9" guy replace West/Diaw if one or both leave, but that still leaves a gaping hole at center. I know we have all offseason, but seeing Bertans, Murray and now LJC does nothing to address the missing big(s).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Diaw and Mills won't be able to free up max room? RC's comment that Murray might not play in SL because of the sequence of contract signings makes me think they're still going to try for max room.
    Indeed. But Bertans is going to make more than Murray and LJC combined. It was already absurdly close. Now, the Spurs would need to free up about another $3 Million even after Mill and Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet, I welcome all of the rookies, glad we aren't trying to roll with the same team.
    You mean the same team that won 67 games last season? This guy is unimpressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I don't know where they get that this dude can dribble. Didn't see any dribble penetration last year in summer league. Dude can't dribble and had a poor jumpshot.

He's being brought in for defense. He has a decent motor and good athleticism. If he's improved on his dribble and shot that would be a bonus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waste of a roster spot. This will be the worst move of the offseason

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, the Spurs built themselves to beat GS, but then OKC happened. I guess it's fine to have a youthful athletic 6'9" guy replace West/Diaw if one or both leave, but that still leaves a gaping hole at center. I know we have all offseason, but seeing Bertans, Murray and now LJC does nothing to address the missing big(s).
    And then GS got beat by Cleveland. Summary? Size still matters in the playoffs! We need a C/PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. But Bertans is going to make more than Murray and LJC combined. It was already absurdly close. Now, the Spurs would need to free up about another $3 Million even after Mill and Diaw.
    Would you agree that RC's comment means they're still attempting the max route? If so, how would you go about doing that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also doesn't sound like Parker even thinks him being traded is a possibility.
    Maybe I'm overestimating the Spurs' loyalty to Parker, but I honestly don't think there's a chance in he gets traded. I don't care how bad his contract might look, I can't see the Spurs getting rid of him like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if they will pay Bertans 2.4m a year. If they do, can they fit him in an exception? Otherwise there is no way to get the max space.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Just became they want cap flexibility, it doesn't mean it's for a max room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if they will pay Bertans 2.4m a year. If they do, can they fit him in an exception? Otherwise there is no way to get the max space.
    They can fit him into either exception (room or LLE). I do firmly believe he'll get $2 Million. The dude wasn't making peanuts in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the same team that won 67 games last season? This guy is unimpressive.
    Doesn't matter how many wins if you don't have a team that can get past the thunder, warriors or cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm overestimating the Spurs' loyalty to Parker, but I honestly don't think there's a chance in he gets traded. I don't care how bad his contract might look, I can't see the Spurs getting rid of him like that.
    There's not a chance Parker gets traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you agree that RC's comment means they're still attempting the max route? If so, how would you go about doing that?
    I think it means they are trying to get Murray to take less. I would hope that's only because they think they could need it, but they could just be assholes. We can act like, "Oh, they wouldn't..." but they've done to many damned times already.

Anyway, I don't think so anymore. The Spurs will need to move Green or Parker to make the room, and them doing so would free up more than enough room for Murray's contract to factor in at all. I think they'll want the cap space just in case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can fit him into either exception (room or LLE). I do firmly believe he'll get $2 Million. The dude wasn't making peanuts in Europe.
    If they can fit him into an exception, they may be able to have about 26m if they get rid of Anderson, Simmons, Mills and Diaw, while adding two first rounds.
    I also wonder if they can split the room exception between LJC and Bertans. They may have more space if they can do so.
    Last edited by FvckMavs; 06-24-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only one guy the Spurs would max and that's durant. They can easily dump Danny to make the space. Otherwise no one else moves the needle requiring them to operate with more than the available 20m they already have.

Thread Information