Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also didn't know simple game stats tbh.
    Kahwi had a -12 last night. I'm not sure what that means but he had the lowest on team. Is that good or bad?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kahwi had a -12 last night. I'm not sure what that means but he had the lowest on team. Is that good or bad?
    1. Chris PaulLAC .438
    2. Kawhi LeonardSAS .341
    3. James HardenHOU .328
    4. Kevin DurantGSW .287
    5. Blake GriffinLAC .287

1. Chris PaulLAC 18.2
    2. Russell WestbrookOKC 15.7
    3. James HardenHOU 12.9
    4. Kawhi LeonardSAS 11.4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope but Raymond is. Was looking at #NBARank (the Kingslayer is in the top 5 revealed Friday the 11th) and they have Raymond listed at 14 above Klay. Don't love either but Klay is exceptional at shooting. Raymond to me is the ultimate complimentary player, on a team with superstars he helps both the stars and the roll players. However if you were just starting a team from scratch I don't know if Raymond would be in my top 40 much less #14. Without superior talent on your squad he will just be the feisty leader that probably pisses off his teammates always in the lottery. He could however work wonders with say an Anthony Davis or whatever ultra star you put him with. As for Kiwi he is developing into a top 10 player on offense and is the reigning and defending dumdada 2x DPOY. The only other player that can dominate like that on both sides of the floor is LBJ, when he wants to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be honest, kawhi hasn't been playing up to his standards these past few games but I'll give him a pass (for now) since this is the first time that's he's been the true #1 option for the Spurs. He's got a ways to go and the season is young so let's just sit back and watch kawhi and the spurs get better.
    RD it's because despite popular on ST opinion, he plays better alongside the "head of the snake". The starter's offense isn't flowing as well without MVParker in there and Patty's absence from the bench mob is very obvious as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD it's because despite popular on ST opinion, he plays better alongside the "head of the snake". The starter's offense isn't flowing as well without MVParker in there and Patty's absence from the bench mob is very obvious as well.
    Tony should be back very soon, so we shall see... All Spurs fans should hope you are right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to put an end to this thread, I'd like to remind everybody that OP has repeatedly said that Kyle Anderson would be a better NBA player than Kawhi, tbh
    what????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson has better offensive skill that Kawhi. He can dribble, penetrate, pass, set up players, understands matchups, easily extend over defender on jump shots or low post work, has better fundamentals in terms of footwork and dribbling (Kawhi dribbles too high in traffic) etc
    really?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid thread, the Spurs have no good playmakers so that's why Leonard takes the load. It's not his fault his 2nd and 3rd options are both soft pussies.
    Stupid comment. Houston doesn't have any play makers for harden. He didn't seem to have an issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid comment. Houston doesn't have any play makers for harden. He didn't seem to have an issue.
    Harden is a natural guard, he has been his entire career..he has essentially been a PG since day one(even if he wasn't officially listed at the 1), going back to college..

Kawhi is a converted perimeter player that was projected to be a Shawn Marion-type in the NBA, he's never going to be a natural playmaker or point-forward..the Spurs will never succeed if they're asking him to be Lebron, it's not going to work..this team desperately needs a real PG..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only issue I have with Kawhi is he does tend to be looking for fouls on his jumpers to frequently..he's gotten some calls and he's getting to the line but you cannot rely on refs to bail you out of a bad shot..

Other than that he's still a top 3 MVP candidate and there's nothing overrated about that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another poor outing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never going to be a great scorer but definitely a good one. And with his defense he can be a top 15 player every season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never going to be a great scorer but definitely a good one. And with his defense he can be a top 15 player every season.
    Top 15...Stop trolling

"But he can't run pick and rolls...He can't drive.. "

91 percentile in total offense this season...He's definitely Top 5 in the league.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-27-2016 at 12:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a terrible, ugly game. Shut the up about statistics, basketball is about eye test. He just is not good enough offensively to run pick n rolls, he dribbles looking at the floor, we got kicked out of 2 playoffs in a row because Poop tries to force him into some offensive leader.

Watching prime Manu and Parker with beautiful european fundamentals running our offense, to this american simpleton is a huge drop off in quality and the #1 reason why we're 1st round fodder in last years.

Whose troll is this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 15...Stop trolling

"But he can't run pick and rolls...He can't drive.. "

91 percentile in total offense this season...He's definitely Top 5 in the league.

Come on man. Opposing teams don't even try to double team him. That's why those stats I never heard of are skewed. He's not and never will be a scorer. And that's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is obviously awesome for every era, but if he played in the 90's he would be a top 10 player of all time, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is obviously awesome for every era, but if he played in the 90's he would be a top 10 player of all time, tbh.
    I don't see Kawhi being better than the guys who I listed below. Those guys were top 10 players throughout the 90s. They also lead their teams to at least a Conference Finals. Then they are guys whose careers trajectories were altered due to injuries that were more talented than Kawhi ala Penny Hardaway,Grant Hill, Larry Johnson.
    Jordan
    Robinson
    Olajuwon
    Ewing
    Shaq
    Malone
    Drexler
    Barkley
    Mourning
    Prime Kemp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Points per shot is one of the most ridiculous, misleading stats out there. I am actually pretty happy with Kawhi's recent offensive play, but the argument that he's uber-efficient has pretty much died. Dude has a TS% of 59.8 and an EFG% of 51.8. Those are perfectly acceptable numbers for a volume scorer. But the EFG% would put him at 160 in the league right now. I imagine that limiting the sample to guys who have played at least 100 minutes could pull him into the top 100. Good news (and completely separate) is that Green's efficiency is once again elite. He'd rank sixth in EFG% for players with more than 100 minutes. In TS%, Kawhi's currently 83rd, but I'm assuming that would be top 60 once you narrow the field down by minutes. Green is seventh once you filter it.

I think once the sample size is big enough to balance out that poor stretch Kawhi had a week ago, he'll be at a good place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Kawhi being better than the guys who I listed below. Those guys were top 10 players throughout the 90s. They also lead their teams to at least a Conference Finals. Then they are guys whose careers trajectories were altered due to injuries that were more talented than Kawhi ala Penny Hardaway,Grant Hill, Larry Johnson.
    Jordan
    Robinson
    Olajuwon
    Ewing
    Shaq
    Malone
    Drexler
    Barkley
    Mourning
    Prime Kemp
    6'7'' wing with 7' somehing wingsapn. Elite defender, 40% 3pt shooter, 90% FT shooter, 50% shooter from the field. Elite Post up game and Elite one on one scorer. He would have beasted on the post up/isolation style of the 90's.

If dudes that couldn't shoot like Hardaway and Grant Hill got hyped in the 90's, imagine the hype Kawhi would have got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'7'' wing with 7' somehing wingsapn. Elite defender, 40% 3pt shooter, 90% FT shooter, 50% shooter from the field. Elite Post up game and Elite one on one scorer. He would have beasted on the post up/isolation style of the 90's.

If dudes that couldn't shoot like Hardaway and Grant Hill got hyped in the 90's, imagine the hype Kawhi would have got.
    Kawhi Leonard Has Largest Wingspan Ratio Of Any All-Star In Past 15 Years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this ty thread aside, Kawhi's efficiency this season- in part due to some bad shot selection -- leaves a lot to be desired..I want to see more of his post-ups instead of dribbling to tough spots and jacking-up ugly midrangers..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this ty thread aside, Kawhi's efficiency this season- in part due to some bad shot selection -- leaves a lot to be desired..I want to see more of his post-ups instead of dribbling to tough spots and jacking-up ugly midrangers..
    His efficiency is great. Look at jordans TS%.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Points per shot is one of the most ridiculous, misleading stats out there.
    Why is it ridiculous? I understand that missed or made shots aren't mutually inclusive w/ getting to the line but PPS is a good way of highlighting scorers like Harden who could shoot 40% on 20 shots but still drop 30 which isn't something you can't say about Klay.

Per 100 possessions, Kawhi's scoring efficiency is on par w/ what Harden did last season when he led the league in TOTAL points & he's getting to the line at the same rate as Carmelo was at the same age.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 11-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Thread Information