Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Outside of drafting Timmy, I can't think of a more consequential day for the organization.

Congrats TP9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave us a solid 12 years of starting quality play, including helping with 4 championships and a finals mvp (which he deserved). That is the only reason I don't want him traded. My greed for more les says we must trade him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The le says "one of the greatest days in franchise history," yet the picture shows one of the worst. What gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been good for sure, just a shame he's so washed up now with a terrible contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best thing about the photo is that Nike Spurs cap.

Really. Not being disrespectful. I just really dig those hats back then.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching it live and thinking "this little er is our new point guard?" But then I was also happy because I knew the front office wanted him badly. The Spurs didn't really start keeping things too secret until New Jersey stole Nenad Krstic two picks before the Spurs in the 2002 draft (likely in no small part to how well Parker performed). It was funny, I was watching the draft with a bunch of people who lived in my building and one of them was a guy from Germany who had played against Parker when they were both like 16. He said on one hand he couldn't believe seeing someone he played against in the NBA, but on the other that Parker was a ing madman to play against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been good for sure, just a shame he's so washed up now with a terrible contract.
    Parker isn't so overpaid any more. Not when Kent Bazemore is going to make even more. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade him in a second to improve the team since without his speed he's just a somewhat average point guard now.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not Tony's fault the FO gave him such an inflated contract for his mediocre play. Truth is they could have offered him 8m a year and he would have taken it because it's still 8m a year and he plays for SA. It's Pop and RC who are to blame.. There sentimentality and fear of the unknown is the reason why our starting PG next season will be Tony and why Murray either gets rushed too early or becomes the scapegoat. "Well, we don't have any other veterans on the team so we have to play Tony"

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker isn't so overpaid any more. Not when Kent Bazemore is going to make even more. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade him in a second to improve the team since without his speed he's just a somewhat average point guard now.
    I think we can thank the TV deal money kicking in much later for the Parker deal not being extremely bad. Imagine if this TV money were in place 2 seasons ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best point guard in Spurs history, easily. If you dispute that, you weren't a Spurs fan before 2001.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1999, 57th pick>>>

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but his current contract. -- spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best point guard in Spurs history, easily. If you dispute that, you weren't a Spurs fan before 2001.
    No doubt about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm . . .

Fifteen years ago a 19 year-old point guard goes lower than everyone expected and falls to the Spurs at 28. Four les follow . . .

Now a 19 year-old point guard goes lower than everyone expected and falls to the Spurs at 29 . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. I gather many on this forum weren't the way they talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but his current contract. -- spurstalk

Some of us care about this team tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Tp was one of the best PG's in Spurs history...Yes he is not what he use to be but he still one of my fav. players.....

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread OP, per par.

MVParker, one of my favorite players of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gr8 b8 m8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT French PG under 6'3 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le says "one of the greatest days in franchise history," yet the picture shows one of the worst. What gives?
    Splits is a confused sexual liberal male.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember how depressing it was to watch the Spurs get swept by the Lakers in '01. It was pretty bad the fall out of that sweep. It seemed like the Spurs would be a long ways away from winning a championship again. I tuned in to that draft to see who the Spurs would draft but wasn't expect anything great since the Spurs had the last pick of the first round. When I heard the name Tony Parker I was kind of shocked because I had never heard of him since he was a foreign prospect and back then it wasn't common to draft those type of players in the first round. Then when I heard his interview after getting picked which went something like this "I'm confident I can help the spurs win another championship." It was at that point I was sold this guy could be a big time contributor for the Spurs. As crazy as sounds I liked his yness back then and felt the Spurs needed some of it after getting embarrassed by the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm . . .

Fifteen years ago a 19 year-old point guard goes lower than everyone expected and falls to the Spurs at 28. Four les follow . . .

Now a 19 year-old point guard goes lower than everyone expected and falls to the Spurs at 29 . . .

Yes I thought about that, can we have a prime Duncan back too though to go along with it and get another 4 les?

Thread Information