Joe Johnson
    Hibbert
    Deng

Thoughts? Snubs?

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk doesn't deserve it although he has been playing great as of late. Back to his usual efficient self tbh. Great to see him keep the streak alive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Granger.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Millsap, Josh Smith, Rondo, and maybe even Jennings are all snubs

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    How in the does Josh Smith not make it? He's been killing it this year.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk shouldn't be there he was crap the first 65% of the season

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In the west Millsap and Gay have legit beef. Nene and Gallinari not as much but they had a shot. Maybe Lowry as well.

In the west Rondo should be there, even ahead of Pierce who has not been better than 3rd on the Celtics. Maybe Josh Smith over Joe Johnson and Granger over Hibbert. Well deserved for Deng, his two way play is underrated.

Zip it up and Zip it out. WeNeedLength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West:

Love
    Aldridge
    Nowitzki
    Westbrook
    Parker
    Nash
    Marc Gasol

East:

Bosh
    Pierce
    Iguodala
    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Hibbert
    Deng

Thoughts? Snubs?
    Marc Gasol is better than Pau Gasol. Makes sense.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk shouldn't be there he was crap the first 65% of the season
    More of a consolation prize because he was reigning Finals MVP and he has gone back to normal the last few games imo

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Not a huge problem with any of the selections. Seems like guys like Hibbert and Parker and Iguodala got consideration because their teams have played really well and they might have been the best candidate from their respective teams. And Dirk got consideration because he's the reigning Finals MVP. Maybe replace Parker or Nash with Rudy Gay. Brandon Jennings had played well this season. The homer in me says Greg Monroe has been better than Roy Hibbert, but again, the Pacers having one of the better records in the east and no other representative probably played a role in that. But when you have guys like Nash and Deron Williams make it on bad teams, there's an argument either way. Guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson as well aren't exactly having that impressive of seasons. But in the east, the number of quality perimeter players once you get beyond LeBron, Rose, Wade is pretty small.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In the west Millsap and Gay have legit beef. Nene and Gallinari not as much but they had a shot. Maybe Lowry as well.

In the west Rondo should be there, even ahead of Pierce who has not been better than 3rd on the Celtics. Maybe Josh Smith over Joe Johnson and Granger over Hibbert. Well deserved for Deng, his two way play is underrated.
    Josh Smith>>>>> Joe Johnson this season. Rondo missed it only because his recent injury tbh. Never been a Granger fan due to his chucking but dudes been killing it this year imo

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not a huge problem with any of the selections. Seems like guys like Hibbert and Parker and Iguodala got consideration because their teams have played really well and they might have been the best candidate from their respective teams. And Dirk got consideration because he's the reigning Finals MVP. Maybe replace Parker or Nash with Rudy Gay. Brandon Jennings had played well this season. The homer in me says Greg Monroe has been better than Roy Hibbert, but again, the Pacers having one of the better records in the east and no other representative probably played a role in that. But when you have guys like Nash and Deron Williams make it on bad teams, there's an argument either way. Guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson as well aren't exactly having that impressive of seasons. But in the east, the number of quality perimeter players once you get beyond LeBron, Rose, Wade is pretty small.
    Parker is well deserved Jam. He's been on a tear lately too. Gay could have taken Nash's or even Gasol Jr's spot.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Josh Smith>>>>> Joe Johnson this season. Rondo missed it only because his recent injury tbh. Never been a Granger fan due to his chucking but dudes been killing it this year imo
    Horford is still their MVP I think, but yes Josh has been a great player this year. JJ just keeps getting all the rep for some reason for the Hawks.

I forgot, would have like to see Bargnani make it over Granger or Iggy. He was playing amazing ball before he went down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    da fuq is Nowitzki doing there ?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rudy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc over Pau

Funny how not even 1 TNT analyst picked TP and were arguing for Lowry when he's averaged something like 12PPG and 37% shooting over the last 10 games.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    No Marco Belinelli? Pathetic

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Marc over Pau

Funny how not even 1 TNT analyst picked TP and were arguing for Lowry when he's averaged something like 12PPG and 37% shooting over the last 10 games.
    Body of work. Yao got in NUMEROUS times when he didn't even play. Lowry actually had a case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay over TP, Jam

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Parker is well deserved Jam. He's been on a tear lately too. Gay could have taken Nash's or even Gasol Jr's spot.
    On a tear for the last 4-5 games versus not being all star caliber the first 20 or so. I don't have a problem with him there. But it's still arguable. I still look at it as more of a case of the Spurs having one of the top records in the league and having no other legitimate Spurs player to select to the ASG.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I didn't explain it, but part of the rational is the make-up of the team. There's a bunch of PFs and PGs. Kobe and Durant are the only two real wing players on the West team. But it's the all star game, so it's not that deep. But part of my logic was to make the team more balanced.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Smith should have made it over Joe Johnson..

Rudy Gay doesn't deserve it, so that was a solid non-selection..Marc Gasol deserves it..

Hibbert deserves it over Granger, easily IMO..Paul George has been just as good as Granger, too..

Zip it up and Zip it out. WeNeedLength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    First All-Star game in 15 years without either Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith should be in over Deng.
    Jennings/Irving should be in over Williams.
    Millsap should be in over Gasol and Pau's stats are basically equal to Marc's this year, so that was a toss up.

I didn't understand at all when the TNT crew was arguing that Lowry should be in over Nash.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wonder what happened to the Lowry knob slobbing

Thread Information