Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How close your distant ancestors lived to the equator.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I take two things from this.

1) You have no credibility.
    2) You claim trolling anytime you say stupid .
    1) Do your own research
    2) You were trolled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So buttons posted this:

The Myth of the Good Guy with a Gun: How I was Almost Curtis Reeves

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/the-myth-of-the-good-guy-with-a-gun-how-i-was-almost-curtis-reeves/

You come back with this (using now admittedly flawed statistics) as a rebuttal to Bouton's story.
    So the guy didn't kill anyone. Cool story bro.

Here are some cool stats to go with your cool story.

General Public .042802 murders per 1,000 citizens per year.

CCW Holders .00425 murders per 1,000 citizens per year.
    Fuzzy then points out that you don't understand the statistics you posted because you're not considering population size.

There are ~7m CCL in the US. The population is ~350m. That is ~2% of the population with concealed carry. Yet they have 10% of the total murders when if it was the same rate then they would have 2% per capita ie 5 times the rate.
    Now, you're completely lost and don't even understand the basic math Fuzzy did on the numbers you provided.
    Where is your data coming from? Be sure you are not including CCW suicides in your murder stats.

1) Do your own research
    2) You were trolled
    Then you post an article claiming that the numbers you originally posted to refute Boutons article were flawed and you were doing this all to Troll Fuzzy? Pretty elaborate troll job there.

You are likely bordering on mental re ation.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I was trying to troll boutons but he's didn't take the bait, but Fuzzy couldn't resist. You'd think an self proclaimed intellectual like Fuzzy would do a little fact checking of his own. It wasn't really an elaborate troll job, I've done better, just ask Koolaid_Man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How close your distant ancestors lived to the equator.
    how distant in time do you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So buttons posted this:

You come back with this (using now admittedly flawed statistics) as a rebuttal to Bouton's story.

Fuzzy then points out that you don't understand the statistics you posted because you're not considering population size.

Now, you're completely lost and don't even understand the basic math Fuzzy did on the numbers you provided.

Then you post an article claiming that the numbers you originally posted to refute Boutons article were flawed and you were doing this all to Troll Fuzzy? Pretty elaborate troll job there.

You are likely bordering on mental re ation.
    He is just one of those bags that claims that he was trolling any time he posts stupid . Read enough of what he posts and it becomes clear.

The numbers he got actually exist and are found @ http://www.opencarry.org/?cat=47 and its obvious that he just reposted it from fb or whatever medium he uses without really knowing what he is posting. He is as bad as Darrin in doing it.

He is quite obviously a rabid gun lover and posts article and graph galore but this THIS time the particular snippet was really a troll job. It's awfully convenient that he is trolling only when he says stupid . Every time he says stupid .

Now if it is true that he posts on guns day after day for no other reason than to get a rise out someone a couple of times a week then that is pretty ing sad. I think it more likely that he really does say stupid .

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    He is just one of those bags that claims that he was trolling any time he posts stupid . Read enough of what he posts and it becomes clear.

The numbers he got actually exist and are found @ http://www.opencarry.org/?cat=47 and its obvious that he just reposted it from fb or whatever medium he uses without really knowing what he is posting. He is as bad as Darrin in doing it.

He is quite obviously a rabid gun lover and posts article and graph galore but this THIS time the particular snippet was really a troll job. It's awfully convenient that he is trolling only when he says stupid . Every time he says stupid .

Now if it is true that he posts on guns day after day for no other reason than to get a rise out someone a couple of times a week then that is pretty ing sad. I think it more likely that he really does say stupid .

pls sannyannex no troling

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't claim trolling after I post stupid , I have no problem admitting I was wrong. Stop lying.

I found those numbers while "fact checking" boutons bull claim that CCL holders are more dangerous, I'm not on facebook or whatever medium you are talking about and I don't receive pro-gun emails either.

I had this in my pocket the whole time, and you took the bait.

"The State of North Carolina is home to roughly 9.38 million people as of 2009. Of those residents only 228,072 hold a valid concealed carry permit according to the latest figures released by the North Carolina Department of Justice, figures which reflect the applications since December 1995 when the state began issuing permits. That equates to roughly 2.4% of the population that is legally allowed to carry a concealed firearm. As an interesting side note, those 228,072 permit holders come from an applicant pool of 399,268 which indicates that only about 57% of applications result in a permit.

In the year 2009 the FBI reported that murder and manslaughter (illegal acts where a person died) was committed at a rate of approximately 5.3 deaths for every 100,000 people in the state of North Carolina. This works out to about 497 deaths per year (using the population for 2009). Statistically the population of concealed carry permit holders should fall in line with this criminal death rate, and so we should expect no less than 12 criminal deaths in the year 2009 alone. However, the New York Times was only able to dredge up 10 such deaths (murders and manslaughter combined), and that was only accomplished by combining the last five years together. While we would expect 2% of the population to be responsible for 60 deaths over 5 years, in reality they are only responsible for 10."

What's more sad, a gun owner trolling the anti-gun crowd for a laugh or you being a condescending prick to everyone 24/7 on a political sub-forum of sports message board? I thoroughly enjoy watching you and Pusher run around refuting everything I post, it is quite entertaining and only takes me a couple of keystrokes and a few mouse clicks. I'm here for laughs and you are just gullible asshole.

Now are you going to back up your claim that CCL holders are responsible for 10% of all murders or are you just going to pretend you never made that claim?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was trying to troll boutons but he's didn't take the bait, but Fuzzy couldn't resist. You'd think an self proclaimed intellectual like Fuzzy would do a little fact checking of his own. It wasn't really an elaborate troll job, I've done better, just ask Koolaid_Man.
    ^ ask me what big J?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pls sannyannex no troling
    If that was a troll job, it was pretty ty as you looked like a moron incorrectly using and not understanding the flawed facts you posted. Nice work pistol Pete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't claim trolling after I post stupid , I have no problem admitting I was wrong. Stop lying.

I found those numbers while "fact checking" boutons bull claim that CCL holders are more dangerous, I'm not on facebook or whatever medium you are talking about and I don't receive pro-gun emails either.

"The State of North Carolina is home to roughly 9.38 million people as of 2009. Of those residents only 228,072 hold a valid concealed carry permit according to the latest figures released by the North Carolina Department of Justice, figures which reflect the applications since December 1995 when the state began issuing permits. That equates to roughly 2.4% of the population that is legally allowed to carry a concealed firearm. As an interesting side note, those 228,072 permit holders come from an applicant pool of 399,268 which indicates that only about 57% of applications result in a permit.

In the year 2009 the FBI reported that murder and manslaughter (illegal acts where a person died) was committed at a rate of approximately 5.3 deaths for every 100,000 people in the state of North Carolina. This works out to about 497 deaths per year (using the population for 2009). Statistically the population of concealed carry permit holders should fall in line with this criminal death rate, and so we should expect no less than 12 criminal deaths in the year 2009 alone. However, the New York Times was only able to dredge up 10 such deaths (murders and manslaughter combined), and that was only accomplished by combining the last five years together. While we would expect 2% of the population to be responsible for 60 deaths over 5 years, in reality they are only responsible for 10."

What's more sad, a gun owner trolling the anti-gun crowd for a laugh or you being a condescending prick to everyone 24/7 on a political sub-forum of sports message board? I thoroughly enjoy watching you and Pusher run around refuting everything I post, it is quite entertaining and only takes me a couple of keystrokes and a few mouse clicks. I'm here for laughs and you are just gullible asshole.

Now are you going to back up your claim that CCL holders are responsible for 10% of all murders or are you just going to pretend you never made that claim?
    Uh oh. Pistol Pete is getting worked up...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ^ ask me what big J?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If that was a troll job, it was pretty ty as you looked like a moron incorrectly using and not understanding the flawed facts you posted. Nice work pistol Pete.
    And Fuzzy looked like an even bigger moron after using those same facts to claim that CCL holders were responsible for 10% of murders. Now why don't you roll out of bed and go make Fuzzy a cup of coffee, I bet he's grumpy in the mornings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Fuzzy looked like an even bigger moron after using those same facts to claim that CCL holders were responsible for 10% of murders. Now why don't you roll out of bed and go make Fuzzy a cup of coffee, I bet he's grumpy in the mornings.
    Troll job for the ages tbh...Your half page explanation as to why it was such a great troll job was really smooth. It's like you're a troll savant.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You're an idiot Pusher. My explanation consisted of two sentences.

It is cute watching you semen shield for Fuzzy though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot Pusher. My explanation consisted of two sentences.

It is cute watching you semen shield for Fuzzy though.
    The way you had those facts in your back pocket the whole time. That's some of the nicest work I've seen on the internet tbh. A true Svengali.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It's murder rate. The ratio of CCL to the total population. 2 out of every 100 people have one. If the national average is x then you should expect .02*x as your outcome if the were at the same rate as the national average. if x is .0428 then the value should be .0009 or 2% of the aggregate.

Instead we see it is in reality .0042 or over 8 times the expected rate of .0009.

It's algebra and critical thinking so I doubt youll get this either.
    OMG...

You cannot apply a statistical value across the board.

You rally don't know just how dumb you are...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well whatever I framed it as, my point is that they are much more likely to commit murders according to the numbers you gave. I made the denominators the same so you can compare apples to apples. Then you can search for the unknown. It's this crazy thing called math. I explained it above.
    Your modelling is as good as climastrologists!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG...

You cannot apply a statistical value across the board.

You rally don't know just how dumb you are...
    solid cobra gold

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't have American flags on sticks in the Virginia capitol, but you can have a gun

What is the bigger risk inside a state capitol building: openly carrying an American flag or an assault rifle? In Virginia, visitors to the state legislature cannot bring American flags and signs affixed to sticks, because capitol security considers sticks a public threat. Firearms, however, are allowed.

A group of gun violence prevention activists discovered this when they arrived on Monday to attend a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event. According to Virginia Capitol Police, the groups were informed beforehand of the restriction barring sticks at permitted rallies, because they can be used as weapons. Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America’s Gena Reeder said they were aware of the rules, but “certainly not in our wildest imagination thought that could apply to the American flag.”

While the moms tore out the dowels of their flags, capitol grounds visitors with firearms were ushered through the entrance. That day, Virginia Citizens Defense League and other gun rights groups organized a “Guns Save Lives” day. The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that about half of the crowd was armed, packing weapons that ranged from handguns to assault rifles.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ls-guns-flags/

the insanity of gun fellators is without bounds!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You troll by typing walls of text that amount to emotional vomit? You may think of it as trolling but I dunno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how distant in time do you mean?
    Longer than people have been writing. The end of the Ice Age is probably good enough.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You troll by typing walls of text that amount to emotional vomit? You may think of it as trolling but I dunno.
    Are you going to prove CCL holders are more dangerous than the average citizen or what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gun fellators, here's kids' blood on your 2nd Amendment/NRA hands

Guns sent 20 children to U.S. hospitals every single day

Twenty children or adolescents were hospitalized for firearm-related injuries every day in 2009, and 453 died of their wounds, a new report says.

The study provides one of the most comprehensive recent efforts to tally the number of children hurt nationally in gun-related incidents. It was published Monday in the journal Pediatrics.

A national database of patients younger than 20 who were admitted to hospitals in 2009 shows that boys represented nearly 90% of the total, and that the rate of gunshot-related hospitalizations for African American males was 10 times that of white males.

Blacks ages 15 to 19 were 13 times more likely than their white peers to be injured by gunfire. And 70% of all black children hospitalized for gun injury (compared with 32% of all white children injured by firearms) were classified as victims of assault. Latino children and adolescents were three times likelier than white children to be hospitalized with a firearm-related injury.

Hospital care for youths injured by gunfire cost $147 million in 2009, according to the report, but that is a fraction of the overall cost of the injuries. It doesn't include physician-related services, rehabilitation and ongoing care and rehospitalization, and does not take into account many victims' loss of future productivity. (Past research has found that almost half of children hospitalized for gun-related injury are discharged with a disability.)

The latest estimate boosts the number of those younger than 20 hurt by firearms in 2009 to 7,391, from 6,496.

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...#ixzz2riBeDgQv

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    gun fellators, here's kids' blood on your 2nd Amendment/NRA hands

Guns sent 20 children to U.S. hospitals every single day

Twenty children or adolescents were hospitalized for firearm-related injuries every day in 2009, and 453 died of their wounds, a new report says.

The study provides one of the most comprehensive recent efforts to tally the number of children hurt nationally in gun-related incidents. It was published Monday in the journal Pediatrics.

A national database of patients younger than 20 who were admitted to hospitals in 2009 shows that boys represented nearly 90% of the total, and that the rate of gunshot-related hospitalizations for African American males was 10 times that of white males.

Blacks ages 15 to 19 were 13 times more likely than their white peers to be injured by gunfire. And 70% of all black children hospitalized for gun injury (compared with 32% of all white children injured by firearms) were classified as victims of assault. Latino children and adolescents were three times likelier than white children to be hospitalized with a firearm-related injury.

Hospital care for youths injured by gunfire cost $147 million in 2009, according to the report, but that is a fraction of the overall cost of the injuries. It doesn't include physician-related services, rehabilitation and ongoing care and rehospitalization, and does not take into account many victims' loss of future productivity. (Past research has found that almost half of children hospitalized for gun-related injury are discharged with a disability.)

The latest estimate boosts the number of those younger than 20 hurt by firearms in 2009 to 7,391, from 6,496.

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...#ixzz2riBeDgQv

Shocking, black youth kill each other a lot.

Thread Information