36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Still amazed that the Cavs got anything for IT

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good trade for LA and seeing the usual hate on this piss poor site solidifies that.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    trading for Detroit Iverson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . He was a $25 million a year player in Boston but he'll be lucky to get $18 million a year now.
    18 a year?

Dude would be lucky if he gets a Rudy Gay type deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic traded a Larry and a Jordan for an Isaiah Thomas lol

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No . He was a $25 million a year player in Boston but he'll be lucky to get $18 million a year now.
    , that's harsh. How will he ever survive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade for LA and seeing the usual hate on this piss poor site solidifies that.
    Lmao highlights in your hair

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Damn how much money did Isaiah lose so far this season?

Maybe some team will sign him to the MLE this summer.
    It's going to be a bloated 1 year deal.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 a year?

Dude would be lucky if he gets a Rudy Gay type deal.
    Some re team will throw a 4 year, $72 million deal at him I'm sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah, I don’t see that at all tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a bloated 1 year deal.
    I think you underestimate the stupidity of NBA GMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I don’t see that at all tbh.
    Walton said he is going to start Thomas, so I bet he puts up some empty numbers and Sacramento, Indy, Atlanta, or some other franchise will convince themselves it was LeBron holding him back in Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills makes $13 million a year for four years. How can you guys not think someone will offer Thomas $18 million a year for four years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills makes $13 million a year for four years. How can you guys not think someone will offer Thomas $18 million a year for four years?
    Mills got that deal because PATFO grossly misread the market and made a panic signing at 12:01 AM. Thomas is a 30 year old PG reliant on speed coming off a career-altering injury while looking like a s of himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills got that deal because PATFO grossly misread the market and made a panic signing at 12:01 AM. Thomas is a 30 year old PG reliant on speed coming off a career-altering injury while looking like a s of himself.
    So your belief is NBA GMs won't be stupid this summer? Good luck with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because as bad as Mills has been, Thomas has been even worse. Like, a lot worse. Like, he doesn't even belong on a professional basketball court worse. Have you seen him play, or even checked his stats? I think he's shooting like 30% from the field and 20 % from 3 and he pairs that with the worst defense in the history of the league.

He looks like me trying to play on the NBA, only I'm taller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your belief is NBA GMs won't be stupid this summer? Good luck with that.
    Just won't be that much money to spend this Summer. If this were 2-3 off-seasons ago I'd agree with you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    im with those thst say to get that much ...he needs to accept less years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because as bad as Mills has been, Thomas has been even worse. Like, a lot worse. Like, he doesn't even belong on a professional basketball court worse. Have you seen him play, or even checked his stats? I think he's shooting like 30% from the field and 20 % from 3 and he pairs that with the worst defense in the history of the league.

He looks like me trying to play on the NBA, only I'm taller.
    I guess bump this in the summer if he really only signs a one or two year deal. I think he'll get paid by some re who thinks he can replicate what he did in Brad Stevens' system.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Walton said he is going to start Thomas, so I bet he puts up some empty numbers and Sacramento, Indy, Atlanta, or some other franchise will convince themselves it was LeBron holding him back in Cleveland.
    I’m iffy with Walton’s statement. He values defense above everything else.

Thing is Isaiah has been traded to 5 teams in less than 5 years. His highest salary to date is $7 mil. He’ll be 30, recovering from injury and coming off one of the worst statistical season of his career. Ainge knew he was a product of Stevens‘ system and there were plenty of Isaiah trade rumors even before Cleveland offered Kyrie. He’s also a non- stop chatterbox who’s known to cause friction in the locker room, so we can pretty much gauge his value here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m iffy with Walton’s statement. He values defense above everything else.

Thing is Isaiah has been traded to 5 teams in less than 5 years. His highest salary to date is $7 mil. He’ll be 30, recovering from injury and coming off one of the worst statistical season of his career. Ainge knew he was a product of Stevens‘ system and there were plenty of Isaiah trade rumors even before Cleveland offered Kyrie. He’s also a non- stop chatterbox who’s known to cause friction in the locker room, so we can pretty much gauge his value here.
    All of that is why he won't be getting the $25 to $30 million a season that looked likely a year ago. So what offer do you see him getting? Something like two years, $25 million?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    All of that is why he won't be getting the $25 to $30 million a season that looked likely a year ago. So what offer do you see him getting? Something like two years, $25 million?
    Hard to say, $30/2 yrs with a player option is fair. Personally, any GM should just offer 1 year $12-$15 to determine his worth, but I see where you’re coming from. Someone will always overpay.

The caveat is the Lakers have no need to showcase him, since he’s looking for a payday so those politics could eat into his playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say, $30/2 yrs with a player option is fair. Personally, any GM should just offer 1 year $12-$15 to determine his worth, but I see where you’re coming from. Someone will always overpay.

The caveat is the Lakers have no need to showcase him, since he’s looking for a payday so those politics could eat into his playing time.
    I don't know man. Every year we say no one's going to give Player X this big contract and inevitably Player X gets it somewhere. I remember when X=Chandler Parsons and everyone figured he'd never get that payday. Or when X=Evan Turner. Or when X=Wesley Matthews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know man. Every year we say no one's going to give Player X this big contract and inevitably Player X gets it somewhere. I remember when X=Chandler Parsons and everyone figured he'd never get that payday. Or when X=Evan Turner. Or when X=Wesley Matthews.
    The league was spending money out the ass that Summer. That hasn't been the case the last year or so since so many teams got stuck with those albatrosses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league was spending money out the ass that Summer. That hasn't been the case the last year or so since so many teams got stuck with those albatrosses.
    That Matthews deal was in 2015 and he seemed like a way bigger question mark than Thomas. I was thinking Parsons was last summer but you're right, that one was 2016.

Thread Information