Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not making too much of a big deal out of this game. Any team that makes their shots can win a game. That's all Portland did. It's not about what the Spurs didn't do, it's about Portland making shots. Again, nothing spectacular here. The Spurs played their game and Portland overachieved. These are mickey mouse games to the Spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan should not be playing at all. His season should be over. He's playing hurt for absolutely nothing. This is a completely wasted season, and he should be home recovering for one last shot at a le next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan should not be playing at all. His season should be over. He's playing hurt for absolutely nothing. This is a completely wasted season, and he should be home recovering for one last shot at a le next year.
    Agreed. Shut down Timmy for the season. Too bad a slide in the standings at this point only will give Presti a better draft pick.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've gone to almost every home game for the past five seasons. I'll often just watch Tim instead of following the ball. He is a truly wonderful player who combines great skills with a tremendous will to win. It was hard to see him play last night. The will to win is still there, but it is not enough to overcome the all too obvious physical limitations. I can't see him giving up, but I would understand if Pop shut him down.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice recap, sad to be honest, I think time to rebuild around TP is coming.
    Building around a PG is just about worthless. I'm trying hard to think of ANY championship team built around a PG other than Magic's Lakers (and he had Kareem for a lot of that time).

Trade Parker for a good big man is what I would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building around a PG is just about worthless. I'm trying hard to think of ANY championship team built around a PG other than Magic's Lakers (and he had Kareem for a lot of that time).

Trade Parker for a good big man is what I would do.
    yeah right great idea ! trade the only young superstar of the team really a brillant idea.

We need to rebuild around Tim / TP and Manu if FO can negotiate a fair contract extension. After that we keep hill and Gooden. Add Ian / Gist in the mix and to try to go after a big and a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good recap.

-His statistics aren't amazing but I like what I'm seeing out of Roger Mason, Jr. He's being very aggressive with his offense and seems to realize that the Spurs need him to constantly look for his shots. Defensively, I thought this was a step in the right direction. His ability to chase when going around screens was much better than usual and his attentiveness on defense was good to see. Perhaps most importantly, Mason played decently well as the backup point guard for the second straight game.
    I actually thought Pop dropped the ball with his use of Mason.

The team was obviously riding the E coming in, and with the amount of energy and effort they put into that 1st quarter, you knew it was unsustainable.

I just don't understand trying to ride Mason's hot hand until he literally flames-out.

I would have much rather he played Hill with Mason for one or two of those "shifts" after Tony was taken out, because it really takes away from Rog's game to have to bring the ball up under any kind of pressure. Let Hill bring up the ball, and if there isn't an immediate opportunity for Hill to take advantage of, let Rog run the point in the half-court. Plus, Hill needs to be playing in the second night of a back-to-back, whether it's just to bide time or contribute heavily. Fresh legs and athleticism aren't things you want to keep on the bench when cir stances are such.

One other thing that's still making me scratch my head, is Pop's thought process with his player groupings.

What ever happened to having a balance of defense and offense on the floor. He's almost running offensive (Rog, Fin) and defensive (Udoka, Bowen) tandems, and he starts the game with Bonner, Fin, and Mason?

I know it's nothing knew, at least the starting lineup, but I've just never understood it.

I guess his thinking is that, they were really going to have to score the ball at a better rate to have a chance this year, but those offensive options aren't going to score at a rate that can overcome the defense that's lost.

Maybe his premise was right about the need for the offense to go up three or four notches and allow his defense to slip one or two notches, but he just doesn't have the personnel to accomplish that task.

Oh, and Pop allowing Tim to play the second night of a back-to-back in the middle of a three-games-in-four-night stretch, was questionable, to say the least.

This loss, while it shouldn't be suprising, really hurt.

Even while everything leads me to believe this team has zero chance to win a le this year, and that my expectations should be extremely lowered to lessen the blow, I just haven't been able to accept the logic.

Acceptance.

Who knew it was a 4-letter word?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the collapse wasnt fun to witness
    Naw, it hurt like to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Acceptance.

Who knew it was a 4-letter word?
    yep or in 3 sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to move to a lineup of 3 bigs whan Drew Gooden as a SF, we need to make somthing not conventional, we had nothing to lose and right now we dont have a chance so meybe if we will move to a 3 bigs lineup teams will not know how to deal with it and this will pay off.
    it's a gamble but it's worth try cause we dont have nothing to lose right now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again for everyone calling for it. TD will not let himself be shut down for the rest of the season and playoffs. Are you kidding me? Last night was just a back 2 back that he shouldnt have been playing in. He posted 25, 15, and 3 against OKC. He'll be ok. He's a warrior. And remember people, there are NO back 2 backs in the playoffs. There is always at least 1 day off, sometimes even 2. So nut up and BELIEVE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Spurs started the playoffs on the road?
    TD rookie season in 1998. And we won the series 3-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Shut down Timmy for the season. Too bad a slide in the standings at this point only will give Presti a better draft pick.
    We should do the same for TP, he needs to be well rested for the French NT this summer !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You two guys of all people? Come on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad hill keeps becoming invisible when the spurs need him. for those that keep calling for hill to get the backup pg spot, he has done nothing to earn it. he was given the chance to show his skills when pop sat the big 3 against the nuggets, but he failed, going 4-14 and 3 TOs. i think that was when popovich made the decision to not let hill run point in the playoffs.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    timvp's recap gets quoted in oregonlive.com. Nice.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...ame_react.html

You have to go a little more than a third down the page to see it and it has a link to here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp's recap gets quoted in oregonlive.com. Nice.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...ame_react.html

You have to go a little more than a third down the page to see it and it has a link to here.
    Bleh. This was timvp's worst effort of the year.

Thread Information