Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    Point system considered Cowboy won with the take downs against the presumed wrestler
    He landed a couple of take downs that he did nothing with. The point system is not set up to reward a takedown when the opponent gets right back up and cowboy was losing the striking.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    He landed a couple of take downs that he did nothing with. The point system is not set up to reward a takedown when the opponent gets right back up and cowboy was losing the striking.
    That's what Bendo does every fight, scores takedowns and lays on top of his opponents pretending to do anything. Ironically he got the short end of the stick this time so good for him.

Post Count
    That's what Bendo does every fight, scores takedowns and lays on top of his opponents pretending to do anything. Ironically he got the short end of the stick this time so good for him.
    He wasn't laid on top of.. He got right back up so that analogy doesn't work.

Post Count
    The point system DOES reward coming forward and being aggressive.

Hendo did neither of those. Cowboy was the constant aggressor, while Henderson just waited for counters 90% of the fight.

Post Count
    Conor being a bit more humble and real in this presser.

I like McGregor's persona as a mma "heel" and he definitely knows this is a fighting sport not a friendly pitty pat match where you hug at the end, but I think talking trash to Aldo may be the wrong way to take this and his last opponents have on what Aldo will bring to the table.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, humble.

Post Count
    Oh yeah, humble.
    I said a bit.

Post Count
    He wasn't laid on top of.. He got right back up so that analogy doesn't work.
    It's not an anology it's what Bendo usually does. This time he did better than expected stand up, but he's known as a wrestler.; the fact that he attempted zero take downs against a kickboxer who actually ended up taking him down says that he lost via point system. Bendo is a safe fighter, he does not risk and RDA exposed him for that, the fact that Cerrone is his "friend" made this fight closer than it actually was.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    30-27 FOR BENDO !!1
    WTF was that decision about?
    henderson was controlling the whole fight! Donald was doing like nothing while Benson was a more active fighter and landed more. When the decision came up as 29-28 I was like wtf? which round did Cerrone won? And then boom! They gave it to Cowboy. I was like A damn now if Siver KO's Conor they will give the win to Conor no matter what.
    The worst decision that I can remember off.

Conor?
    He was tired after 1st round, Frankie would outpace him! Big time.
    And it will be the first fight I will root for Aldo, wow.

Post Count
    It's not an anology it's what Bendo usually does. This time he did better than expected stand up, but he's known as a wrestler.; the fact that he attempted zero take downs against a kickboxer who actually ended up taking him down says that he lost via point system. Bendo is a safe fighter, he does not risk and RDA exposed him for that, the fact that Cerrone is his "friend" made this fight closer than it actually was.
    point system hahaha

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...569f4876c20488

Post Count
    STRIKING - FOR BENDO
    AGRESSION - BENDO
    OCTAGON CONTROLL - BENDO

Post Count
    STRIKING - FOR BENDO
    AGRESSION - BENDO
    OCTAGON CONTROLL - BENDO
    Yet Bendo still had ZERO takedowns and ended up on the canvas several times. Once again, Bendo is a point fighter and when point fighters don't get a single takedown the judges end up scoring for his opponent. Sorry, but those weak front leg sidekicks weren't enough for him to win the fight.

Post Count
    at these Bendo fan boys. The guy is nothing special. He doesn't belong in le contention. He was almost crying after the decision. Dude is boring and does not deserve a le shot until he shows that he's capable of putting out top contenders such as RDA.

Post Count
    Cowboy baby! Cerrone is gonna woop mini hendo's ass!
    Thank you I also enjoyed this weak point fighter getting his ass beat!

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think he should be fined for flipping off Siver before the fight,
    Well, you get the "Biggest Pussy" award for this week, congrats. Maybe they should also fine the Owner, ol' what's his face Dana White, every time he uses one of those evil swears that he's so fond of...? Re ed.

But then you go and say:

let alone for rushing to Aldo after it.
    which I totally agree with. Aldo is sitting there with his wife and kid (at least, that's what it looked like) and the woman was try to hide/protect the kid from the advancing psycho. I'm certainly no Aldo fan, but is hope and pray that he S McGregor up.

How this fight cemented McGregor as some sort of "elite" fighter is beyond me. The only real challenge he has faced in his career so far is Porrier, and let's be honest, The Diamond really isn't much more than a for-ever gate keeper. Siver is 36, and clearly on the decline, was a 10-1 dog, and some of you are talking like, "See, I told you Connor was the real in' deal, es!"

Aldo is going to make him look like the armature he truly is.

Post Count
    Yet Bendo still had ZERO takedowns and ended up on the canvas several times. Once again, Bendo is a point fighter and when point fighters don't get a single takedown the judges end up scoring for his opponent. Sorry, but those weak front leg sidekicks weren't enough for him to win the fight.

Yea i the takedown where Bendo was more active and got up

You noob ! hahaha

He clearly won the fight 30-27

Henderson won that fight.

I go back and forth on Henderson. Dude is a really good, but he definitely is not a finisher. He is ok letting the judges decide the fight, and whenever you allow that to happen you risk something like this. He has been fortunate and gotten the favorable side of these decisions in the past, but this one got him.

That said Cerrone was only credited with 1 takedown (per the broadcast team). Said takedown did not last for a minute. Henderson was up quickly and back to controlling the striking.

The kick he was throwing wasn't doing a lot of damage, but that wasn't the point of it. He was using the GSP/Mcdonald strategy of jabbing to death to control the distance and throw Cerrone off his game. It worked. Cowboy never looked comfortable on the feet. He touched Henderson a few times with some hard kick, but Henderson had way more offense. He connected 2-3 times with that flying knee. He hit him several times with big leg kicks, and then had 2-3 high kicks that connected. One of which, almost put Cerrone out. I think Henderson's biggest mistake was not testing Cowboy after the first or second kick to the head, when he looked like he was rocked.

Overall, it was a good fight. I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it again, even though I believe it's been announced that Cowboy is getting Numagomedov next.

As to Mcgregor... you don't have to like his at ude, but his quote from the Notorious special is exactly right. You are either going to pay to watch him beat someone up, or you are going to pay to watch someone beat him up. Guys like him are special and big money makers for the UFC. Especially since he is proving that he isn't all talk and looks to be the real deal. This Aldo fight could be something special, and I am extremely excited to watch it. Featherweight division has been boring for awhile, and now we finally have a fight that is exciting, but also seems to pit the 2 best in the division against each other.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Well, you get the "Biggest Pussy" award for this week, congrats. Maybe they should also fine the Owner, ol' what's his face Dana White, every time he uses one of those evil swears that he's so fond of...? Re ed.
    I don't care about the flipping off gesture per say, what I don't like is that they enable him to be so disrespectful towards his opponents. It's only gonna get worse if nobody sets a line: he thinks people dig it, so he keeps pushing the boundaries and it's progressively getting out of control. What will you say when next time he spits in Aldo's face? Will you still be alright with that?

Post Count
    This fight will be good for Aldo as it will elevate his profile with the American public although most of them will be rooting for Conor. Aldo needs to step up in this promotion and try not to let Conor control every aspect of it. A little tougher when he doesn't speak much English but Silva did well promoting his fights with Sonnen..

Post Count
    McGreggor
    Henderson (although I want him to lose)
    Philly Pooh
    Tee Bow
    Howard

That's a 5-0 card if I've ever seen one. Bring on my trophy for this year.
    Who?????????

Hall's original opponent, Costa Philippou

Post Count
    STRIKING - FOR BENDO
    AGRESSION - BENDO
    OCTAGON CONTROLL - BENDO
    I can't believe we watched the same fight. How the can you say Benson controlled the octagon when Cerrone stood dead center almost the entire fight? Benson was also FAR more of a counter puncher aside from those weak oblique kicks that did nothing to hurt Cerrone. You said the first round to Benson when they showed a graphic at the end of the round that showed Cowboy advancing 46% of the time while Benson was advancing 12 or 14%.

Post Count
    It's hard to say Cowboy was controlling the distance when Bendo was striking when he wanted and Cowboy stood there.

Post Count
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/26/28...-ufc-144-japan

Benson: But I threw so many oblique kicks!

Thread Information