Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80's Basketball - is like the first mario game. It was awesome but compared to Today's mario games it pales in comparison. Today's mario is just miles better graphically, gameplaywise, story wise, etc.

Similarly today's players are just stronger, far more skilled, far more organized. Fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mario 64 >

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80's Basketball - is like the first mario game. It was awesome but compared to Today's mario games it pales in comparison. Today's mario is just miles better graphically, gameplaywise, story wise, etc.

Similarly today's players are just stronger, far more skilled, far more organized. Fact.
    The first Mario pales in comparison to Super Mario 3, which came out 4 years later in 1990.

And Super Mario 3's gameplay is just as good as any 3D Mario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMW > SMB3 > SMB

As for 3D, Galaxy 2 is the best (and actually has some 2D levels, plus...The Perfect Run).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This. Even SMB2 is better than the original SMB.

As for 3D, Galaxy 2 is the best (and actually has some 2D levels, plus...The Perfect Run).
    Tough to beat 64, but the Galaxy series was really good. 64 DS would have been the best 3D Mario game if not for the fact that you're forced to choose between two atrocious control styles (the D-pad or the wrist strap).

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Far more skilled? You have players drafted and coming into the league without being able to dribble the basketball or shoot a free throw.

More organized? Teams are moving away from actual sets on offense. The playbook in Houston and OKC is "give the ball to Harden or Westbrook" and go. There's way less organization. There's uptempo chaos. There's push, drive, and kick. There's shoot 50 three pointers a game. It's moving away from organization. Moving back towards 80s Denver or Phoenix basketball. High octane, free flowing, uptempo. Less organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far more skilled? You have players drafted and coming into the league without being able to dribble the basketball or shoot a free throw.

More organized? Teams are moving away from actual sets on offense. The playbook in Houston and OKC is "give the ball to Harden or Westbrook" and go. There's way less organization. There's uptempo chaos. There's push, drive, and kick. There's shoot 50 three pointers a game. It's moving away from organization. Moving back towards 80s Denver or Phoenix basketball. High octane, free flowing, uptempo. Less organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, no mid range game in today basketball.......its jack a 3 or drive through traffic in the lane, force a shot, get fouled and free throws. I cant remember the last time I saw a 8-12ft jump shot in the NBA. Yeah, a three counts more than two, but ya have to make the mufauckus. I see s jackin 3's, hitting 4-17.

Today NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The major difference is analytics have weeded out the dogmatic bull "eye test" crap, which is why the long two is more rare these days, and why scores are higher as a result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying the NBA peaked in the mid 90's?

Today's Mario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If OP thinks this is a "perfect" analogy, he's an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Even SMB2 is better than the original SMB.

Tough to beat 64, but the Galaxy series was really good. 64 DS would have been the best 3D Mario game if not for the fact that you're forced to choose between two atrocious control styles (the D-pad or the wrist strap).
    kirby super star
    modern video games alienate me
    triggered by video games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As opposed to older years where everybody knew how to dribble and shoot free throws, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Today's Mario
    Agreed, after Mario 64 everything is a pile of .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Today's Mario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odyssey looks pretty good, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The big men are more skilled nowadays (which goes along the way as being more pussy), but indeed there is less emphasis on finesse techniques rather than going hard with raw athleticism & strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big men are more skilled nowadays (which goes along the way as being more pussy), but indeed there is less emphasis on finesse techniques rather than going hard with raw athleticism & strength.
    Post game is a skill as well. That part of the game is all but gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

......... no fuggin way. Todays post against true posts Ewing, Shaq, Robinson, Hakeem, Sheed, Mourning??? is all I can do with that dumbass comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post game is a skill as well. That part of the game is all but gone.
    Agreed, but it's kinda hard to play in the post nowadays with the pussification of defensive rule in the league, tbh.

......... no fuggin way. Todays post against true posts Ewing, Shaq, Robinson, Hakeem, Sheed, Mourning??? is all I can do with that dumbass comment.
    I said more skilled, NOT more dominant, but i guess reading comprehension is a little bit on the hard side for an ignorant like you, buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes DeAndre Jordan and Dwert are super skilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes DeAndre Jordan and Dwert are super skilled
    Isaiah Thomas a glorified BJ Armstrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Thomas a glorified BJ Armstrong?
    Armstrong would average 20 and 9 in today's NBA tbh with the rules and all the open looks he would get, combined with no Jordan/Pippen around as he would take more shots.
    He was also a better defender than today's Isaiah

imagine if Mark Price or Prime A.Rauf played in today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but it's kinda hard to play in the post nowadays with the pussification of defensive rule in the league, tbh.

I said more skilled, NOT more dominant, but i guess reading comprehension is a little bit on the hard side for an ignorant like you, buddy.
    What good are skills against a dominant center. He can crossover dribble well, shoots well in practice,can jump through the ceiling, but gets killed by Shaq in the game. I dont understand your ignorance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Armstrong would average 20 and 9 in today's NBA tbh with the rules and all the open looks he would get, combined with no Jordan/Pippen around as he would take more shots.
    He was also a better defender than today's Isaiah

imagine if Mark Price or Prime A.Rauf played in today's NBA
    A prime Jordan would avg 45pts a game.

Thread Information