Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A game the Spurs were down ten late and somehow scratched it out?
    They were a LMA shrinking moment from being 3-0 against Houston. Not remotely worried about them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were a LMA shrinking moment from being 3-0 against Houston. Not remotely worried about them.
    Agreed. clips are the obvious tougher matchup

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not likely that both LAC and HOU would avoid the fourth or fifth seed. Obviously, the easiest way to avoid them would be for them to lose in the first round, though. But I didn't think we were assuming that.
    The Clips are in the middle of a meltdown. They could easily finish 6th/7th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc is the type of dude that would tank for the 7th seed ala Hollins circa 2011.
    Clips are lock into 4th/5th seed..Mem/OKC are both fizzling and the Jazz can't stay healthy (Will Hill even play 50 games this season? )

The Rockets, however, are going to give us a serious push for that 2nd seed..They haven't had any letdowns thus far despite losing Capela, winning all games they supposed to win and not having any bad losses..That's usually a mark of a great team..

In retrospect Spurs sweeping them on road this season--where they are 15-3 in their building-- was really impressive..That final game in season series could be huge for tiebreak purposes....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Clips are lock into 4th/5th seed
    I hope they stay there, it going to be fun watching Choke-P getting cucked by Curry.

OKC is most likely going to be the 7th seed which should be a revenge series for the Spurs.

The Rockets, however, are going to give us a serious push for that 2nd seed..They haven't had any letdowns thus far despite losing Capela, winning all games they supposed to win and not having any bad losses..That's usually a mark of a great team..
    Rockets have two injury prone players that are a key part of the team (Gordon/Anderson) which might rear it ugly side before the season is over ala the Cripples.

As far as Capela, when Nene is healthy & Harrell is bringing it every night they can get by without him. Nene is also another injury prone player who might be out 6 weeks w/ a soft tissue injury anytime soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather face the Rockets. Clippers is always a tough match-up, that they can beat us both inside and outside, and that Chris Paul is still there to wreak havoc on the court. Three-point shooting, I assume, is easier to stop than having to plan for bigs as well as shooters. So Rockets anytime.
    The Clips have beaten the Spurs with or without CP3. Its the Doc vs Pop matchup that I'm most worried about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this question is easy right now..Rockets are too undisciplined, too reliant on threes falling in large volume to win in the postseason..They just let Grizz reel them in from from 15 point deficit..

Let's hope they stay in 3rd seed..there are early signs of fatigue setting in for Houston..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midway through the season, this is how I see the West playoffs bracket shaking out (Utah and Memphis compe ion for 5th seed is the most difficult to call).

Round 1

(1) GSW over (8) Portland in 4 ( in 5 if Blazers trade for a rim protector)..
    (4) LAC over (5) Memphis in 7 (think Grizzlies win in 6, if CP3 or Blake aren't %100 healthy)

(3) Houston over (6) Jazz in 6
    (2) Spurs over (7) OKC in 5

WCSF

(1) Warriors over (4) Clippers in 6 (or Grizzlies in 5)
    (2) Spurs over (3) Houston in 6

WCF

(1) Warriors over (2) Spurs in 6..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this question is easy right now..Rockets are too undisciplined, too reliant on threes falling in large volume to win in the postseason..They just let Grizz reel them in from from 15 point deficit..

Let's hope they stay in 3rd seed..there are early signs of fatigue setting in for Houston..
    This should never have been a question in the first place. Harden is mvp but he is just one player while we have problems with cp3, blake, red , rivers and their main style of play which is either pick n rolling or chucking and making it plus d antoni is to pop like pop is to doc

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Felt_On, who signed for the minimum, would have been the best PG on the Spurs roster but PATFO would rather pay Manure 15 mill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt_On, who signed for the minimum, would have been the best PG on the Spurs roster but PATFO would rather pay Manure 15 mill.
    Don't forget that Houston is paying 13M for Eric Gordon.

But on ST...we can read other guys saying "but b-u-t where you would find a good guard like Parker or Manu for less than 13-14M"???
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-17-2017 at 02:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets is not a one man team. Gordon has been going bonkers on everyone in the league. He's benefiting from this playstyle as much as Harden.

The spurs probably win it still, but they're not an easy team to beat...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget d'antoni has the law of averages against pop and this might be the year d'antoni beat pop in the playoffs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget d'antoni has the law of averages against pop and this might be the year d'antoni beat pop in the playoffs..
    This is true, and also Spurs are good at avenging playoff losses.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 01-17-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should never have been a question in the first place. Harden is mvp but he is just one player while we have problems with cp3, blake, red , rivers and their main style of play which is either pick n rolling or chucking and making it plus d antoni is to pop like pop is to doc
    Precisely.

In fact, if they fall to 7th seed due to struggling and injuries, that would be the way they get to play the Spurs this year.

They probably even want it. They know they've choked every season and their playoff highlight is hopefully playing the Spurs so they can make tons of long 2s and get help from Pop when they lose momentum via untimely hack-a-Jordans.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But on ST...we can read other guys saying "but b-u-t where you would find a good guard like Parker or Manu for less than 13-14M"???
    The Spurs could never have had this same team but with Gordon instead of Manu. Salaries aren't always completely fungible, that generally only happens when you choose one FA over another.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is the place to post this: I don't fear the Clippers in the playoffs at all. Not one little bit. It took Parker and Splitter being at 50% or less for the Clips to squeak by in 2015.

And all of the "Clips are a terrible matchup for the Spurs" stuff is overblown. Remember the 2014 regular season and then playoff series against the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is the place to post this: I don't fear the Clippers in the playoffs at all. Not one little bit. It took Parker and Splitter being at 50% or less for the Clips to squeak by in 2015.

And all of the "Clips are a terrible matchup for the Spurs" stuff is overblown. Remember the 2014 regular season and then playoff series against the Thunder.
    I agree. FWIW, they may sink farther in the standings too if Paul's thumb is messed up. MRI today.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I agree. FWIW, they may sink farther in the standings too if Paul's thumb is messed up. MRI today.
    6-8 weeks sounds kind of messed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    7th seed

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lob city tbh. They had to play out of their minds to beat us in 7 when we were noticeably hobbled. Would welcome the opportunity to punk them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-8 weeks sounds kind of messed up.
    Damn. The Clips are doomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they have to break it up. Let Paul walk, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is $14mm too much for Manu? Yes. But how many times does it have to be repeated before it sinks in that it didn't matter what Manu was paid because they used his Bird Rights and could pay him whatever they wanted and it didn't impact other signings. Once Pau was signed, any player like Gordon was out of the question.

If I hear Manu and $14mm one more time...

Thread Information