Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize in advance but my first reaction when thinking about the Spurs vs. Heat is Miami should be considered a heavy favorite. Right now, I'm thinking the Heat in 5 or 6 is a pretty damn safe bet. I hate to be this pessimistic but I just don't see how the Spurs are going to win this series. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise but ...

1. Duncan isn't playing that well. He had trouble with Zack Randolph and Bosh is just a better version than Gasol. TD has had a great season but it's asking a ton for him to shine against Bosh and Birdman.

2. Parker is hurting. He had trouble scoring against a Grizzlies team with iffy defensive guards and limited bigs. What's going to happen against Wade -- arguably the best Parker defender in the league -- and a team with legit bigmen and other players with agile length? On paper, this looks like it'll be a disastrous series for TP unless he miraculously returns to health.

3. Ginobili is no longer in the stage of his career where he can carry a team. And besides, going up against Lebron would be a tall task no matter his age.

4. Splitter played a bit better today but he's still playing without physicality. He has trouble grabbing contested boards. He still has issues finishing in crowds. Those three faults play perfectly into the Heats hands.

5. Leonard and Green just came off of a GREAT defensive series -- but Heat does their damage on the inside. There really won't be anyone for those two to shut down. Thus, it'll be much more difficult to impact the series.

6. Diaw, Bonner and Blair are all poor matchups against a physical frontline.

7. Neal's ballhandling and decision-making against that pressure defense? Yikes.

8. Does Joseph have the experience to play in what is going to be a glorified back alley dogfight?

9. The Heat are at the very least as good defensively as the Spurs. Most likely, they're better. Miami was superior offensively for the majority of this season -- but they've fallen off a cliff in the last couple games. That ball-movement that made this Spurs team special is mostly gone. They don't have much in terms of individual creators. The Spurs offense isn't awesome but their scoring, on paper at least, will be more reliable since it'll come on the inside. Add in the points they'll create by forcing turnovers and hitting the offensive glass -- and I can make a strong case for the Spurs having a better offense right now.

10. We still really don't know how good the Spurs are at the moment. Should we take anything from sweeping the Grizzlies and Lakers? Probably not. Is struggling with a Warriors team that was mediocre in the regular season a bad sign? Yeah, probably. Add in the poor way the Spurs ended the regular season -- and this team is still riddled with question marks. The Heat, on the other hand, know exactly what they are and what they aren't.

I hope beyond hope that I'm dead wrong. I really, really, really want the Spurs to win this series. (In fact, just making it to the Finals would make my year; I wouldn't even care if the Spurs lost to the Heat -- I just want this team to make the Finals one last time.)

Hopefully there are a few pieces to the puzzle that I'm missing. Maybe one of you can give me some hope. Maybe when I crunch the numbers, I'll see it differently.

I want to believe -- but as I'm sitting here right now, I just can't do it by any logical means. I'm sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just jinxed us by attempting to re-create the reverse jinx.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality idea, this. Mess with the karma.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The jinx stuff doesn't work..if it did, they're would always be a jinxer, for every team...if both teams are jinxed, what happens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to go asshole..

You just ed everything up..

Please ban.....

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs will take game 1 then lose Game 2, Back to SA to lose 2 straight Games with a series down by 1 - 3.
    Dramatically spurs win the rest of the games to close out the series, spurs in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp ban him and please re-create thread..

Thank you...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl being oversensitive

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there . . . tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS SPURS SPURS!!! It's real now!!! I can't wait!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope beyond hope that I'm dead wrong. I really, really, really want the Spurs to win this series. (In fact, just making it to the Finals would make my year; I wouldn't even care if the Spurs lost to the Heat -- I just want this team to make the Finals one last time.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers' offense was horrendous and they still managed to take the cHeat to game 7. Not worried, tbh. Spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pacers' offense was horrendous and they still managed to take the cHeat to game 7. Not worried, tbh. Spurs in 6.
    But the Pacers have real bangers inside. The Spurs will play Splitter, Diaw and Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 5. Calling it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I would not be surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize in advance but my first reaction when thinking about the Spurs vs. Heat is Miami should be considered a heavy favorite. Right now, I'm thinking the Heat in 5 or 6 is a pretty damn safe bet. I hate to be this pessimistic but I just don't see how the Spurs are going to win this series. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise but ...

1. Duncan isn't playing that well. He had trouble with Zack Randolph and Bosh is just a better version than Gasol. TD has had a great season but it's asking a ton for him to shine against Bosh and Birdman.

2. Parker is hurting. He had trouble scoring against a Grizzlies team with iffy defensive guards and limited bigs. What's going to happen against Wade -- arguably the best Parker defender in the league -- and a team with legit bigmen and other players with agile length? On paper, this looks like it'll be a disastrous series for TP unless he miraculously returns to health.

3. Ginobili is no longer in the stage of his career where he can carry a team. And besides, going up against Lebron would be a tall task no matter his age.

4. Splitter played a bit better today but he's still playing without physicality. He has trouble grabbing contested boards. He still has issues finishing in crowds. Those three faults play perfectly into the Heats hands.

5. Leonard and Green just came off of a GREAT defensive series -- but Heat does their damage on the inside. There really won't be anyone for those two to shut down. Thus, it'll be much more difficult to impact the series.

7. Neal's ballhandling and decision-making against that pressure defense? Yikes.

8. Does Joseph have the experience to play in what is going to be a glorified back alley dogfight?

9. The Heat are at the very least as good defensively as the Spurs. Most likely, they're better. Miami was superior offensively for the majority of this season -- but they've fallen off a cliff in the last couple games. That ball-movement that made this Spurs team special is mostly gone. They don't have much in terms of individual creators. The Spurs offense isn't awesome but their scoring, on paper at least, will be more reliable since it'll come on the inside. Add in the points they'll create by forcing turnovers and hitting the offensive glass -- and I can make a strong case for the Spurs having a better offense right now.

10. We still really don't know how good the Spurs are at the moment. Should we take anything from sweeping the Grizzlies and Lakers? Probably not. Is struggling with a Warriors team that was mediocre in the regular season a bad sign? Yeah, probably. Add in the poor way the Spurs ended the regular season -- and this team is still riddled with question marks. The Heat, on the other hand, know exactly what they are and what they aren't.

Hopefully there are a few pieces to the puzzle that I'm missing. Maybe one of you can give me some hope. Maybe when I crunch the numbers, I'll see it differently.

I want to believe -- but as I'm sitting here right now, I just can't do it by any logical means. I'm sorry.

You gotta at least act sincere.

Or the reverse jinx won't work.

Going thru the motions won't cut it.

Step up my man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where the is timvp? Come on.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just jinxed us by attempting to re-create the reverse jinx.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl being oversensitive
    This. if you believe that karma crap, all sorts of would be happening to bad people. Its like believing in the tooth fairy or Astrology or a magic man in the sky.

Nonsense.

TBH, this was more a poke at TimVP than trying to do some mumbo jumbo karma spell. If you think I believe in that nonsense, you obviously have never seen me in the Club portion of spurstalk or have never looked at my sig.
    Last edited by phyzik; 06-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See my sig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole "reverse jinx" thing isn't the reason this is lame.
    If it's a jab at timvp, then it's a parody thread....but you didn't parody anything! You changed changed the word 'grizzlies' with the word 'heat', 'gasol' with 'bosh' and so on. You essentially created a Mad-Libs thread...that's already been filled out, then went and erased all the answers and put the word 'poop' in all the blanks. The points don't make any sense because of this (parker hurting, heat does damage inside, heat's physical frontline, etc.)
    Your changes are in bold:

I apologize in advance but my first reaction when thinking about the Spurs vs. Grizzlies is Memphis should be considered a heavy favorite. Right now, I'm thinking the Grizzlies in 5 or 6 is a pretty damn safe bet. I hate to be this pessimistic but I just don't see how the Spurs are going to win this series. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise but ...

1. Duncan isn't playing that well. He had trouble with Bogut and Marc Gasol is just a better version than Bogut. TD has had a great season but it's asking a ton for him to shine against the DPOY.

2. Parker is hurting. He had trouble scoring against a Warriors team with iffy defensive guards and limited bigs. What's going to happen against Conley -- arguably the best Parker defender in the league -- and a team with legit bigmen and other players with agile length? On paper, this looks like it'll be a disastrous series for TP unless he miraculously returns to health.

3. Ginobili is no longer in the stage of his career where he can carry a team. And besides, going up against Tony Allen would be a tall task no matter his age.

4. Splitter played a bit better today but he's still playing without physicality. He has trouble grabbing contested boards. He still has issues finishing in crowds. Those three faults play perfectly into the Grizzlies hands.

5. Leonard and Green just came off of a GREAT defensive series -- but Memphis does their damage on the inside. There really won't be anyone for those two to shut down. Thus, it'll be much more difficult to impact the series.

9. The Grizzlies are at the very least as good defensively as the Spurs. Most likely, they're better. San Antonio was superior offensively for the majority of this season -- but they've fallen off a cliff in the last couple months. That ball-movement that made this team special is mostly gone. They don't have much in terms of individual creators. The Grizzlies offense isn't awesome but their scoring, on paper at least, will be more reliable since it'll come on the inside. Add in the points they'll create by forcing turnovers and hitting the offensive glass -- and I can't make a strong case for the Spurs having a better offense or defense right now.

10. We still really don't know how good the Spurs are at the moment. Should we take anything from sweeping the Lakers? Probably not. Is struggling with a Warriors team that was mediocre in the regular season a bad sign? Yeah, probably. Add in the poor way the Spurs ended the regular season -- and this team is still riddled with question marks. The Grizzlies, on the other hand, know exactly what they are and what they aren't.

There's NO attempt to have a original thought, except for a faint fart in #9. Then you didn't even change the last paragraph. That's why people are giving you .
    Last edited by jaffies; 06-03-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ this, tbh

Spurs lose a heartbreaker in Game 1 because of rust and an early deficit, then backdoor sweep Miami to win it all in 5.

BOOK.

IT.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole "reverse jinx" thing isn't the reason this is lame.
    If it's a jab at timvp, then it's a parody thread....but you didn't parody anything! You changed changed the word 'grizzlies' with the word 'heat', 'gasol' with 'bosh' and so on. You essentially created a Mad-Libs thread...that's already been filled out, then went and erased all the answers and put the word 'poop' in all the blanks. The points don't make any sense because of this (parker hurting, heat does damage inside, heat's physical frontline, etc.)
    Your changes are in bold:

There's NO attempt to have a original thought, except for a faint fart in #9. Then you didn't even change the last paragraph. That's why people are giving you .
    ehh, whatever. SOMEONE was gonna do it, I just beat everyone to the punch.

Spurs in 5.

Thread Information