Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were on foot being stalked by a guy in a car, who continued to stalk me when I tried to avoid him, and who then got out and confronted me, I'd be fully justified, under FL's "License to Kill When I Feel Threatened" law, in attacking the guy with anything I had, like my 6'3" to his 5'3".

His screaming like a little while I beat his ass would incriminate me as the aggressor?

I can't attack with my fists because the FL law says I must have a gun to kill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's why he should a kept his mouth shut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case won't even make it past a grand jury is there is no compelling evidence.
    You don't need much evidence to get past a grand jury. They only have to find probable cause to return an indictment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were on foot being stalked by a guy in a car, who continued to stalk me when I tried to avoid him, and who then got out and confronted me, I'd be fully justified, under FL's "License to Kill When I Feel Threatened" law, in attacking the guy with anything I had, like my 6'3" to his 5'3".

His screaming like a little while I beat his ass would incriminate me as the aggressor?

I can't attack with my fists because the FL law says I must have a gun to kill?
    I said I could understand him assuming the worst and deciding that the best defense against the stalker was a good offense and turning and beating his ass. Thats what I would probably do in that situation. In that case it's just a terrible, terrible misunderstanding and compounding of errors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, where was all the outrage from you guys when those two black guys told that white kid last week..."You get what you deserve, white boy!"...then poured gasoline all over him and set him on fire...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nsas-City.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Are you going to be a star witness in the case? You seem to have everything figured out...
    No.

Once again, I am pointing out possibilities, and putting holes in the single sided theory that Zimmerman was out to get this guy.

Please point to any of my posts that leave that impression. If you find one, please refer to some posts before it that I may have been addressing.

I do not pretend to know the facts like the online psychics we have here. I am only showing they do not know what else may have occurred.

I do this on a regular basis on threads like this. Don't yo know that by now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think anyone here approves of that CC?

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, where was all the outrage from you guys when those two black guys told that white kid last week..."You get what you deserve, white boy!"...then poured gasoline all over him and set him on fire...

That's every white parents fear for their kids. We need tougher laws on gasoline containers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you guys remind me of Nancy Grace and the Duke LaCrosse team. She and the press had those guys totally convicted before they heard any facts.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Some of you guys remind me of Nancy Grace and the Duke LaCrosse team. She and the press had those guys totally convicted before they heard any facts.
    Agreed.

Though I don't think it's probable, this could be roasting a completely innocent guy.

Saying it's his fault for following this kid and instigating it is as crazy as saying a beautiful woman who flirts it deserved to be raped. Until we know the facts, innocent till shown guilty should stand.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You don't need much evidence to get past a grand jury. They only have to find probable cause to return an indictment.
    Yes, I used a poor choice of words. I meant there needed to be something that is considered "sufficient evidence."

What do we have that classes as "sufficient?"

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because Obama's son wouldn't have looked like him..........

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Attention s will be attention s.

You said my friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone remember Duke University?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Can anyone remember Duke University?
    I think it's conveniently forgotten when the race card can be played.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 Things You Need to Know About the Tragic Killing of Trayvon Martin

On February 26, 2012, a 17-year-old African-American named Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in Sanford, Florida. The shooter was George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old man. Zimmerman admits killing Martin, but claims he was acting in self-defense. Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, passed in 2005, allows people to use deadly force if they believe they’re in imminent danger. Three weeks after Martin’s death, no arrests have been made and Zimmerman remains free.

FBI tells ABC News they are monitoring the Trayvon Martin investigation and have been in touch with local authorities. Late Monday, March 20, after a letter from the NAACP, the United States Department of Justice, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney announced they were launching “a thorough and independent review” of the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. The Florida state attorney has sent the Trayvon Martin case to a grand jury. The Seminole County grand jury will be called to session on Tuesday, April 10.

Here’s everything you need to know about the case:

1. Zimmerman called the police to report Martin’s “su ious” behavior, which he described as “just walking around looking about.” Zimmerman was in his car when he saw Martin walking on the street. He called the police and said: “There’s a real su ious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about… These a**holes always get away” [Orlando Sentinel]

2. Zimmerman pursued Martin against the explicit instructions of the police dispatcher:

Dispatcher: “Are you following him?”
    Zimmerman: “Yeah”
    Dispatcher: “OK, we don’t need you to do that.”

[Orlando Sentinel]

3. Prior to the release of the 911 tapes, Zimmerman’s father released a statement claiming “[a]t no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin.” [Sun Sentinel]

4. Zimmerman was carrying a a Kel Tel 9 millimeter handgun. Martin was carrying a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea. [ABC News]

5. Martin weighed 140 pounds. Zimmerman weighs 250 pounds. [Orlando Sentinel; WDBO]

6. Martin’s English teacher described him as “as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness.” [Orlando Sentinel]

7. Martin had no criminal record. [New York Times]

8. Zimmerman “was charged in July 2005 with resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer. The charges appear to have been dropped.” [Huffington Post]

9. Zimmerman called the police 46 times since Jan. 1, 2011. [Miami Herald]

10. According to neighbors, Zimmerman was “fixated on crime and focused on young, black males.” [Miami Herald]

11. Zimmerman “had been the subject of complaints by neighbors in his gated community for aggressive tactics” [Huffington Post]

12. A police officer “corrected” a key witness. “The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.” [ABC News]

13. Three witnesses say they heard a boy cry for help before a shot was fired. “Three witnesses contacted by The Miami Herald say they saw or heard the moments before and after the Miami Gardens teenager’s killing. All three said they heard the last howl for help from a despondent boy.” [Miami Herald]

14. The officer in charge of the crime scene also received criticism in 2010 when he initially failed to arrest a lieutenant’s son who was videotaped attacking a homeless black man. [New York Times]

15. The police did not test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. A law enforcement expert told ABC that Zimmerman sounds intoxicated on the 911 tapes. Drug and alcohol testing is “standard procedure in most homicide investigations.” [ABC News]

16. In a cell phone call moments before his death, Martin told a teenage girl that he was “hounded by a strange man on a cellphone who ran after him, cornered him and confronted him.” “‘He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man,’ Martin’s friend said. ‘I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run.’ Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he’d managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin. ‘Trayvon said, ‘What, are you following me for,’ and the man said, ‘What are you doing here.’” [ABC News]

17. Zimmerman told the police “he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck.” “He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.” [Miami Herald]

18. Zimmerman was not a member of a registered Neighborhood Watch group. Zimmerman also violated basic Neighborhood Watch guidelines by carrying a weapon. [ABC News]

19. Sanford police chief Bill Lee planned to wrap up the case last Monday without bringing any charges, because, he said, “there is no evidence to dispute the shooter’s claim of self-defense,” which is a sufficient claim under the “Stand Your Ground” law. [Miami Herald]

20. In the first five years “Stand Your Ground” was in effect, justifiable homicides tripled, and the law was a factor in at least 93 cases involving 65 deaths. An investigation of cases from the law’s passage in 2005 to 2010 found that charges were dropped or dismissed for 57 people, and 7 others were acquitted. [Tampa Bay Times]

A pe ion created by Trayvon’s parents to investigate his killing has been signed by over 500,000 people.

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/154624

===========

A great comment I read today: why isn't the NRA, Wayne La Pierre, and assorted gun fetishists, "freedom patriots" howling that the murdered black kid should have been armed. Or do those groups only support white being being armed?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

2. Zimmerman pursued Martin against the explicit instructions of the police dispatcher:

Dispatcher: “Are you following him?”
    Zimmerman: “Yeah”
    Dispatcher: “OK, we don’t need you to do that.”

[Orlando Sentinel]
    I think reasonable people stop reading at this point. I did.

Have anything that gives unbiased facts?

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the politics forum get infested with trolls? did the trollers in the nba forum get kicked out again?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think reasonable people stop reading at this point. I did.

Have anything that gives unbiased facts?
    This should be on the dispatcher's recording, as a fact, no bias. You Could Look It Up.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    This should be on the dispatcher's recording, as a fact, no bias. You Could Look It Up.
    Do you understand how to relate the two things I bolded, together?

"We don’t need you to do that" is not an explicit instruction.

The author of the article is painting a biased picture.

What else is the author deceptive about?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hypothetically...

If Zimmerman was following Treyvon thinking he was just going to keep his distance so he could pinpoint his location for the policeman he knew was coming...

If Treyvon thought the guy obviously following him was a mugger/crackhead/mexican gang banger

If Treyvon decides the best defense is a good offense and turns the corner out of Zimmermans sight and then stops and waits for Zimmerman to catch up and then sucker punches him and starts beating the out of him as he turns the corner...(grass stains on his BACK, bleeding from the front and back of his head consistent with physical evidence) and it was Zimmerman screaming for help...

It's a terrible tragic misunderstanding, but is it still murder...?
    You're forgetting the important questions though, like

IF Trayvon could read minds, why didn't he realize Zimmerman wasn't going to do anything?

And IF dinosaurs were real, and one stepped on my car, would my insurance cover it?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I didn't realize there were laws that allowed someone to burn another.

Oh wait, there's not? Then maybe there's a reason why people are interested in this case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We don’t need you to do that" is not an explicit instruction."

who said it was?

It's that horrible, ugly faddish phrase that replaces "Please".

The "I need you to sign here" order has replaced "Would you please sign here?" request.

The neighborhood watch instruction is NOT to carry a gun and NOT to confront suspects. The national neighborhood watch org is distancing itself from the armed, confronting murderer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Zimmerman, by all accounts, was preoccupied with young black males. He had called 911 46 times since January 1, 2011. I’m 50 years old and have lived in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York City, and Miami my entire life. I’ve called 911 once, when my dad had a sudden heart attack. This guy called 911 46 times in 14 months, with most of the calls reporting “su ious behavior of a black male”. 46 times.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mur...ses-questions/

the armed, vigilante Zimmerman was out to bag himself a young males n!gg@.

Mission Accomplished

Thread Information