San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready to be bombarded by Hater

Because the review is positive

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/a...ndwich-review/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got finished reading this. It is an overwhelmingly positive review and all people can focus on is the minor ding for the facial recognition and the fact that Facebook didn't integrate. Fandroids are as annying as iPhanatics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got finished reading this. It is an overwhelmingly positive review and all people can focus on is the minor ding for the facial recognition and the fact that Facebook didn't integrate. Fandroids are as annying as iPhanatics.
    I agree

Facial recognition is not a must-have, and the Facebook intergation is really less needed

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't see the need for twitter or Facebook integration in the first place. It's nice, but it's not going to break my heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree

Facial recognition is not a must-have, and the Facebook intergation is really less needed
    Well, facebook is a third party developer, so it is up to them to integrate (the APIs are available). Facial recognition seems exactly like a gimmick, but its a start and the better it gets the more likely they will get noticed by Enterprise users, especially with all of those enterprise-related APIs that are available for development.

I really don't see the need for twitter or Facebook integration in the first place. It's nice, but it's not going to break my heart.
    Yes, let twitter and Facebook integrate with the OS, not the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Microsoft in bed with Facebook? Not surprised it isn't included, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that this was Apple who was in bed with FB since they effectively stopped what was supposed to be an amazing facebook app for Webos because Apple didn't have that same sort of app. (I would think that as good as the FB app for WebOS ended up being, the original which was stopped must have blown you or something).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google and Facebook had a falling out a while back and this is probably the reason for the lack of integration. It had to do with sharing user data. Then Google went and started Google+ so to intergrate their new OS with FB would actually be fairly stupid.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Google and Facebook had a falling out a while back and this is probably the reason for the lack of integration. It had to do with sharing user data. Then Google went and started Google+ so to intergrate their new OS with FB would actually be fairly stupid.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that this was Apple who was in bed with FB since they effectively stopped what was supposed to be an amazing facebook app for Webos because Apple didn't have that same sort of app. (I would think that as good as the FB app for WebOS ended up being, the original which was stopped must have blown you or something).
    I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns a portion of Facebook, and no, Apple is certainly not in bed with Facebook. Actually, since Microsoft invested in Facebook, Apple decided to add only Twitter integration in iOS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns a portion of Facebook, and no, Apple is certainly not in bed with Facebook. Actually, since Microsoft invested in Facebook, Apple decided to add only Twitter integration in iOS.
    Didn't they just introduce some new fancy facebook app though?

Oh and here is what I was talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facebook been slacking on an iPad version of their app for a while now. Not sure if one is available now though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, I appreciate the depth and breadth of this review and don't see the "negatives" as either significant or some sort of backhand to Android. If you want facebook integration HTC Sense has fantastic FB integration. On the other hand, 99% of the review was both positive and gave me a lot to look forward to. (though not the keyboard as I am a swype addict)

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, iOS5 has twitter integration. i think Apple also had a spat with facebook.

edit: shoulda read the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any update on when they'll start sending the update out for the Evo?

I looked online, but couldn't find any updated info past the Nov article...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4g or 3d?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG4g.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not getting an official build. The most recent update for the EVOG (two weeks or so ago) should be your last official update. There was a story that EVOG has reached end of life.

There are many ICS roms on xda if you are interested.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not getting an official build. The most recent update for the EVOG (two weeks or so ago) should be your last official update. There was a story that EVOG has reached end of life.

There are many ICS roms on xda if you are interested.
    Could that be more because of the hardware or because of the whole Wimax/LTE thing?

I don't see how the hardware in the Evo is lacking, considering that ICS is supposed to be lean and mean, or so I've been led to believe.

Thread Information