Page 172 of 207 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Three defensive players for Oregon State arrested and likely out for Alamo Bowl:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...d-for-assault/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some film on JUCO QB Jake Waters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOXNxO385-k

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Watched the video of Jake waters and the only thing I could tell was that he is 100x the player that case McCoy is.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Naashon Hughes has an official offer now and won't grayshirt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Naashon Hughes has an official offer now and won't grayshirt
    Easily the best news from an extremely boring banquet weekend. Happy for the guy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few pictures of JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell on his official visit to UT:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR James Clark of New Smyrna Beach, FL told a national 24/7 reporter today that his next official visit should be Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the coach of OL/DL Andrew Billings after his official visit to UT (24/7):

“I had a chance to talk to them for a little bit this afternoon,”
    said Herbst. “From all accounts, it sounds like they had a really good time. In fact, they said it went way better than expected. Andrew really, really liked it. He enjoyed his time down there in Austin.”

“They’re going to sit down this week and discuss it all,” H
    erbst explained. “They had some prior commitment to sit down with a few certain people to discuss everything. They’ll fulfill that and talk everything over. That will happen before they announce anything.”

“It’s not set in stone yet, but I think he will go ahead and announce this week,” Herbst told Hookem.com. “That’s probably what is going to happen anyway.”

“I’m about 95-percent sure that won’t be happening (official visits to Arizona State and Mizzou),”
    said Herbst. “I’m almost certain he’s going to stay in state now. He told Arizona State he would be making that visit to them on January 18th, but I don’t look for that to happen now. I believe we’ll definitely have a decision before then.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    JUCO OL Desmond Harrison informed 24/7 that he'll use his final official visit for USC next weekend.

Post Count
    Here's a break down of Texas' 5th Ranked (per Rivals.com) 2009 Recruiting Class:

1) LB Tariq Allen (4*) - no longer on the team.

2) OL Thomas Ashcraft (4*) - backup

3) DB Eryon Barnett (4*) - transferred to Montana State

4) DB Marcus Davis (4*) - transferred to Oregon

5) QB Garrett Gilbert (5*) - transferred to SMU

6) TE Trey Graham (3*) - right knee injury in 2010 fall camp derailed career

7) DT Calvin Howell (4*) - transferred to Illinois State

8) DT Derek Johnson (4*) - transferred to Arkansas State after 2009 season

9) DE Dominique Jones (3*) - no longer on the team

10) OT Paden Kelley (3*) - announced he was no longer playing football

11) DT Kyle Kriegel (3*) - Backup who switched from DT to OL in 2010 and back to DT in 2012

12) TE Barrett Matthews (3*) - Backup TE

13) DE Tevin Mims (4*) - transferred to Navarro Junior College in 2011 and to South Florida in 2012

14) LB Patrick Nkwopara (3*) - no longer on the team

15) DE Alex Okafor (5*) - Headed for the NFL

16) OL Garrett Porter (4*) - Backup C and OG

17) WR Greg Timmons (4*) - left the team after 2010

18) S Kenny Vaccaro (4*) - On his way to the NFL

19) OG Mason Walters (5*) - A starter and seen as a leader

20) DT Chris Whaley (4*) - Was the only RB in the class, but now is trying to recreate Henry Melton's path

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That makes me sick. 08 and 09 classes are a big part of why we're not winning like we should.

Calvin Howell technically transferred, but he was really kicked off the team for his marijuana arrest.

Post Count
    Calvin was actually a good player. We could have used a run stopping type DT. Too bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Facebook post from JUCO LB De'Vondre Campbell after his UT visit:

"I REALLY ENJOYED MY VISIT AND IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT'S AHEAD #HOOK EM HORNS"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that the UT staff told OL/DL Andrew Billings that his scholarship offer is now for defensive tackle as well. He had been offered strictly as an offensive lineman up until this past weekend. Goes to show how badly he's wanted in Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods also mentioned that the staff informed OL/DL Jake Raulerson that they'd like him to start at DE once he enrolls.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, Texas should be by Iowa Western today to see JUCO QB Jake Waters.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from JUCO OL Desmond Harrison after his official visit to Texas (24/7):

“My visit was good,” Harrison said Sunday. “What I saw down in Austin was great. The coaching staff, the players and everybody I met were great. There was nothing negative, I enjoyed all of it.”

“Coach Searels told me I could come in and help a lot at left tackle. He said they really need me and thought I was a great fit. I talked a lot with Desmond Jackson, Paul Boyette, Sheroid Evans and Kennedy Estelle. Desmond was my host, I knew Sheroid from junior high and Kennedy talked to me a lot about the offensive line. Kennedy said I would be a great fit and how they were going to develop into a dominant offensive line in the future,” he said.

“I don’t know for sure when I will decide. They (Texas and Oklahoma) are pretty much even right now and I’m probably going to visit USC next weekend (Dec. 14)," he said. "Those plans should be finalized Monday. After the visit, I’m going back home to North Carolina and talking everything over with my mom and family. I’m not in a rush to commit, and want to be sure of everything before I do commit anywhere.”

“I can’t say there was a difference in the my thoughts on how well the visits went. They were different, all of them have some things different, but I could see myself at Texas or Oklahoma,”
    he said

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Boise State head coach, Chris Petersen, linked to yet another job. He's supposedly interviewing with Wisconsin this morning:

http://www.thebig1070.com/cc-common/...ticle=10626055

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Reminder that WR Ricky Seals-Jones will be making his commitment this morning and it should be A&M.

2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott will be announcing on Wednesday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pittsburgh Steelers OL coach, Sean Kugler, has been hired for UTEP's opening.

http://www.minerrush.com/2012/12/8/3...tep-head-coach

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that OL/DL Andrew Billings has plans to announce his commitment on Thursday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those wondering about the Texas Tech job, there are three names being talked about:

Chad Morris (Clemson offensive coordinator, former head coach of Lake Travis HS)
    Kliff Kingsbury (Texas A&M offensive coordinator, former Texas Tech QB)
    Brent Venables (Clemson defensive coordinator, former OU defensive coordinator)

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    RSJ has committed to Texas A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention that OL Caleb Benenoch is set to announce around 11 a.m.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Found this interesting

“@TamuHighlights: Seals-Jones said when he got hurt he had to find out from a website that t.u. (where he was currently commited) was no longer recruiting him”

Thread Information