Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, yeah, I know, "one game at a time", but that's for the players.

Seattle (13-2)
    ===================
    30 @ Portland
    1 Utah
    4 Portland

8 @ San Antonio. Seattle could 16-2 on 8 DEC, with a 8-game win streak.

San Antonio (11-3)
    ===================
    30 @ Dallas
    1 Philadelphia
    3 Detroit
    4 @ Milwaukee
    6 @ Chicago

8 Seattle. Spurs should be 16-3, with 8-game win streak.

Neither team will be in 2nd game of back-to-back.

Spurs will be at home and motivated to play punishing defense and payback an embarrassing 41-pt 4th qtr by SEA on 7 Nov @SEA.

SEA's 99 PPG offense meets SA's 86 PPG defense.
    Last edited by boutons; 11-29-2004 at 04:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle are pretenders that are playing way above their heads. Spurs will pay them back - big time. Fortson in particular is going to get an ass-raping he won't soon forget.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, teams that over-achieve never accomplish anything.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Mavericks will be ready this time and they want revenge....That's the real showdown you need to talk about...

now buy my grill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard to predict itll all work out that way.
    If it does?? itll be cool.

Im still not believing in the juggernaut that is, the Seattle Supersonics.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't bring myself to say that this team is for real, but they've stuck around at the top alot longer than anyone expected. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be a very dangerous 7 or 8 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be a good rematch but don't count on the Spurs and Sonics winning-out between now and then. It's tough to win on the road in the NBA.

Additionally, the Spurs have a rough time in Milwaukee, regardless of who populates the Bucks' roster.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    No way Seattle beats us in Portland. In fact we should sweep the home and home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One additional fact on trying to win in Milwaukee. The Spurs have won only once in Milwaukee in the past 5 seasons (they won by 3 points in 2002-03).

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About MIL, yes, I remember last year all too well up there. But this year, I'm surprised they are off to a 4-7 start. Road games are very unpredictable.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should not win at Dallas and maybe at Milwaukee either.

If they do, then Pop will be Allstar coach for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Brent Barry thinks about Seattle's quick start this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Seattle is going to fade as the season progresses. There shooting is going to fall back to Earth. There defense is horrible and soft inside except for Fortson but sooner or later he is going to struggle.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn....Ben Wallace's first game back will be against the Spurs. That will light a fire under Detroit, no doubt. The Spurs are going to have to play their best to win that game.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to quit discounting Seattle. The new rules changes freeing up the perimeter offensive players have probably benefited them the most of any team in this league. Ray Ray and Rashard can fill it up, and are, with the freedom the new rules create on the perimeter.

I don't see it ending anytime soon. Before the season most of us felt the Pacific was the weakest division in the west, and ripe for the taking. It's just taking some of you a little longer than others to realize that it's Seattle that is doing the taking, instead of the also-ran Kings or the never-gonna-be-again Fakers.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AHF, please decrease you pic in your sig.

It is too damn large.

We are the Championship ggoose25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with AHF. Seattle looks like they've got pieces in place to make a run at one of the top seeds in the Western Conf. But what I've been most surprised at this season is Antonio Daniel's emergence this season as a dependable sixth man. I had him pegged as a me-first stat padder, but he's averaging almost 30 min a game with 13.5ppg as well as #1 in the NBA in Ast/Turnover (4.71). I guess all i can remember is his fight at the Concord that last season he was a Spur where he choked a guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a break. There is no way that a team with a frontcourt of James, Evans and Fortson is ever going to amount to much, especially in the postseason. Do you really think these guys will shoot 50% from the perimeter in the playoffs? Please.

They will come crashing down to earth soon.... very soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim ==> Ginnobili is a big man and there is nothing we can do about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle does a lot of the little things that other teams don't do. They go for the ball hard, whether it is defending the ball, rebounding the ball, chasing loose balls, etc..
    Fortson, Reggie Evans and Nick Collison are all extra-effort, Malik Rose type of players.
    Ridenour and Daniels have done great in their schemes to push the tempo on offense and double team or pressure the ball on D.

They have also simplified their offense and use the guards a lot to screen for each other, particularly in their early offense, to get clean looks. Even on something as simple as a quick dribble hand-off.

Seattle is tougher this year, no doubt, but they aren't deep in a key area...scoring...so an injury to Lewis or Allen could put a major dent in things. Unless or until that happens, the Sonics are for real.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in the camp that thinks both Seattle (and Phoenix) will fall out of the top spots by All Star game. Neither team is playing much D. I was actually surprised to read an article today that was talking about Phoenix's game and how it's become quick and fast paced, like Nash liked to play in Dallas, but with very little D. Phoenix used to be a very defensively minded team. But, Phoenix could still hold on to the top spot in their division simply because of who they're up against.

I predict Seattle will drop down below Minnesota, maybe Utah, Portland, or Denver, depending on how their seasons shape up, trades, injuries, etc. Last season, Dallas got off to a hot start, but then struggled, and still hasn't made it to the Finals because they haven't learned how to play defense.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix will win the Pac, I would bet the farm on that.
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 11-29-2004 at 09:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle does a lot of the little things that other teams don't do. They go for the ball hard, whether it is defending the ball, rebounding the ball, chasing loose balls, etc..
    Fortson, Reggie Evans and Nick Collison are all extra-effort, Malik Rose type of players.
    That may well be Solid but playing hard only gets you so far. Utah plays as hard as any team in the league and I don't expect them to get too far in the postseason.

Effort is part of the equation but talent is the other key part and the Sonics just don't have that where it counts; in the frontcourt. It's all about the high percentage inside game in the playoffs (and especially the west) and I just don't see the frontcourt the Sonics have being able to hang with any of the real contenders... If they even make the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle is fun to watch, but hard to believe they'll be playing this way all year.

Seems to me the REAL upcoming first big showdown is shaping up to be Dec. 28: PHX @ Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You live by the jumpshot, you die by the jumpshot.

Sincerely,

Don Nelson

Thread Information