Page 138 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5940
    Post Count
    I'm not one to tweet recruits, but Jamal Adams needs to see that picture.
    Florida is out of it. It's going to be a race between Texas & Texas A&M.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    interesting article but way off base. Is ATM football program better today than 2-3 years ago, without a doubt. Is ATM football the best program in Texas, must disagree since with a heisman quality qb ATM has wasted these years and not competed for a NC, or for that matter has not won there conference. Without a conference championship I have a hard time placing ATM over UT as a program as a whole. But without a doubt the gap is closing and closing fast and it will be interesting to see i ATM can continue with this progression after JM leaves for the NFL.

We are on a much better pace than people expected. Recruiting at a top 5 level and raising more money than any time in our history. A recent poll indicated 22% of people identified as an Aggie fan. The most in the state. We are in a much better position than USC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Florida loses to Vanderbilt at home today. (Score is currently 17-0 Vandy) what's the chances he gets fired this season? I imagine Texas interest is diminishing for his services at Head coach.
    I think he's safe if he makes a bowl, BUT...they lose to Vandy today and they won't get to six wins. They'll beat Georgia State to get five and then they'll lose to South Carolina and FSU to end the year. Coaching carousel will be awesome if Florida, Texas and USC are all open. I'm confident he won't be Texas' next coach, but I think he's a realistic possibility at defensive coordinator.

Florida is out of it. It's going to be a race between Texas & Texas A&M.
    I'm not one to tweet recruits, but Jamal Adams needs to see that picture.
    I don't know if Florida is definitely out of it in Adams' mind, but his recruitment has taken a hard turn towards Texas recently. I don't see him making a decision until coaching situations are set in stone and he can evaluate.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 11-09-2013 at 01:59 PM.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    "The Swamp" before kickoff:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    By the way, on OrangeBloods there is a post saying some Florida fans were chanting "GO BACK TO TEXAS!" today.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Yes, Muschamps seat will go from warm to hot if they lose. FSU may beat them by 40+. Could be the last nail in the coffin

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd love for Muschamp to come back as DC.

Just did some random thinking that led to some thoughts that I feel pretty strong about. #1 If Texas had Winston at QB we would be undefeated. (I promise I won't mention that "what If" scenario again) #2 If Mack coaches the team to a big 12 championship, there's no way they force him out. Now what I am not for certain about Is how I feel about Mack coming back despite if we so happen to win the big 12 Championship.
    You could even say if Diaz was fired after the Alamo Bowl we would be undefeated.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes, Muschamps seat will go from warm to hot if they lose. FSU may beat them by 40+. Could be the last nail in the coffin
    And that's a home game which just makes things worse. I wonder what the attendance will be like considering that's Thanksgiving weekend.

Post Count
    And that's a home game which just makes things worse. I wonder what the attendance will be like considering that's Thanksgiving weekend.
    There will probably be plenty of FSU fans there.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Muschamp is an excellent DC. Anybody would want him.

I am shocked at the attendance for that game. I don't even think Jordan Hare was ever that empty to start a game last year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    #2 If Mack coaches the team to a big 12 championship, there's no way they force him out. Now what I am not for certain about Is how I feel about Mack coming back despite if we so happen to win the big 12 Championship.
    I just don't see this happening. As of right now, my opinion is Texas finishes the year 2-2 with losses to OK State and Baylor. The stats say Texas should win tonight by a TD or so, but there are several reasons that make me think this could be an ugly one; West Virginia plays much better at home, unfamiliar environment, rowdy crowd, it'll be cold, etc. Lose tonight and I expect the "Mack is coming back" talk to fade quickly. He can't drop this one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Mack is gone even if he wins the Big 12.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just don't see this happening. As of right now, my opinion is Texas finishes the year 2-2 with losses to OK State and Baylor. The stats say Texas should win tonight by a TD or so, but there are several reasons that make me think this could be an ugly one; West Virginia plays much better at home, unfamiliar environment, rowdy crowd, it'll be cold, etc. Lose tonight and I expect the "Mack is coming back" talk to fade quickly. He can't drop this one.
    Yeah I understand and completely agree with what you're saying Floss. Basically it's nearly impossible that we win out so based of that probability... Mack won't come back. But I wanna know how do you think Mack will be handle if Texas so happens to wins out, even tho its unlikely? I don't think they can bring themselves to push him out. I think right now somewhere someone is hoping we lose 2 more games just to insure Mack's departure, because without those losses U can't be certain he's gone. I know I'd hate to have to make that decision.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Funny sign from an Alabama fan today:

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

The result could be A&M pursuing Briles, so a loss could lead to an upgrade. We'll see.
    You think Briles would be an upgrade over Sumlin?

Post Count
    I think Mack is gone even if he wins the Big 12.
    Do you see him getting fired or "retiring"? If he wins the Big XII, he's not going anywhere IMHO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you see him getting fired or "retiring"? If he wins the Big XII, he's not going anywhere IMHO.
    "Retiring". I just think winning a weak Big XII isn't enough for the boosters to change their minds. A couple 5-7 seasons lately. Especially if Saban interest is legit.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

why do you have such a hard on for mack?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    why do you have such a hard on for mack?
    Don't understand this thinking either tbh. I have a guy at work who...after saying he wanted Mack removed...now wants him to stay. It's like this winning streak against ty teams has made people forget that he was never that good of a coach to begin with.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah. Mack will be gone regardless.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You think Briles would be an upgrade over Sumlin?
    I do, but I can understand if someone disagrees with that opinion. I don't know if A&M would seriously pursue Briles (because he has a large buyout and they could attain Morris from Clemson), but that possibility is why I have mixed feelings about Sumlin potentially leaving for another job. Briles is my #2 behind Saban.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Retiring". I just think winning a weak Big XII isn't enough for the boosters to change their minds. A couple 5-7 seasons lately. Especially if Saban interest is legit.
    I'm on this side as well. I think the momentum created from losing to BYU and Ole Miss is unstoppable despite Robinson helping the defense so much. I would hope if Mack somehow won the conference and got to the Fiesta Bowl, that he'd take that opportunity to retire gracefully and not make a mess. But like I mentioned earlier, I don't think it gets to that point.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This game...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dumpster fire tbh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For anyone not watching, DT Chris Whaley is likely done for the year with a knee injury.

Thread Information