Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sorry, I can't feel sorry for a guy who had millions and fame who decides to kill himself.
    Try living the lives most of us have to live.

There are thousands of NFL players that have concussions who don't kill themselves. It was a selfish act. He didn't care about the people he would hurt like his mother.
    You know, it causes brain damage. In other words, damage to the brain. Meaning the brain is damaged.

That might have an effect on his decision-making and rational thinking capabilities.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I can understand that, especially when people will try to make him look like a victim and the NFL the villain, when these guys CHOOSE to play the game.
    He wasn't necessarily a victim, but the long-term effects on concussions have only recently been publicly discussed. Study on concussions has really picked up in the last decade.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You know, it causes brain damage. In other words, damage to the brain. Meaning the brain is damaged.

That might have an effect on his decision-making and rational thinking capabilities.
    Making excuses for his bad decision. That is the way i see it. Do NFL players have that much of a higher rate of suicide then the general public?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Wasn't he on TV as an analyst. Had to have enough rational thinking to do that.

I don't remember Seau having many noted concussions like other players who don't commit suicide.

Sorry, I can't feel sorry for a guy who had millions and fame who decides to kill himself.

There are thousands of NFL players that have concussions who don't kill themselves. It was a selfish act. He didn't care about the people he would hurt like his mother.
    what an ignorant post

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He wasn't necessarily a victim, but the long-term effects on concussions have only recently been publicly discussed. Study on concussions has really picked up in the last decade.
    I understand that. I remember the Chris Benoit case from 2007, and his brain was that of an 85 year old in the last stages of Alzheimer because of chair shots to his head and the multiple concussions that he covered up. Ultimately, we won't know anything until they're able to analyze his brain, and even then we won't know everything.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Family has agreed to allow Seau's brain to be examined.

On Thursday, the death of NFL legend Junior Seau was officially ruled a suicide by the San Diego County medical examiner. While those who knew and loved the man are left to comprehend this, it has now been reported that Seau's family will allow his brain to be examined for damage resulting from concussions and other head trauma the linebacker may have suffered through his 20-year NFL career. The 43-year-old Seau shot himself in the chest at his Oceanside, Ca. home on Wednesday.

The autopsy determining the cause of Seau's death was assisted by Dr. Bennett Omalu, the San Joaquin County chief medical examiner, and the man credited with identifying Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), the neurological disorder caused by repeated head trauma. As the co-founder of the Brain Injury Research Ins ute, Omalu has been studying the impacts of concussions for years. The ins ute Omalu co-founded with Dr. Julian Bailes is one organization asking to study Seau's brain; another is the Sports Legacy Ins ute at Boston University, an organization that has received funding from the NFL.
    Link

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    What makes you think everybody's brain reacts the same way to concussions? Some people may have no ill effects, others lose all short and/or long term memory, others have personality changes or even become suicidal.

What you said is about as stupid as saying "Everybody has a pancreas but most of us are smart enough to not get cancer in it"
    Why is the assumption that if an NFL player commits suicide it is because of concussions? People kill themselves without concussions and that holds true even for NFL players.

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count

You really think it's that easy?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What makes you think everybody's brain reacts the same way to concussions? Some people may have no ill effects, others lose all short and/or long term memory, others have personality changes or even become suicidal.

What you said is about as stupid as saying "Everybody has a pancreas but most of us are smart enough to not get cancer in it"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why is the assumption that if an NFL player commits suicide it is because of concussions? People kill themselves without concussions and that holds true even for NFL players.
    Because we're able to add up simple facts.

1 - NFL linebackers/tackles/ends slam their head into other players multiple times in one game
    2 - People with a history of concussions tend to display depression and various other negative factors more often than the normal population

Maybe they just committed suicide, and concussions don't have an effect on that. But that's like saying, "Hey, that dude had to file for bankruptcy, his wife left him for an old buddy, he didn't get visitation rights to his children, but I don't see why you all say that had anything to do with him comitting suicide."

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count

Unbelievable. I'm sure it isn't the first time in your life that you have heard this, but you're really ing stupid.

hope and change
    Post Count
    Unbelievable. I'm sure it isn't the first time in your life that you have heard this, but you're really ing stupid.
    what part was unbelievable/stupid?

did Seau not have an envy-able life?
    do concussions lead to suicide, was it out of his control?
    did his suicide not hurt the lives of those close to him?

Saying his suicide was selfish was what was unbelievable. No ing it hurt people around him, further proof Seau wasn't thinking straight.

It's more selfish to ask him to live in pain like that.

99 out of 100 times, someone who calls suicide selfish and tries to paint someone who commits suicide in some kind of evil manner is a bible thumper who's been brainwashed into thinking suicide is the ultimate sin and someone shouldn't have control over his/her own life. They've never even tried to understand how ed up someone is mentally when he/she commits suicide, but since their pastor said its evil, they follow right along.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Rascal,

To think that Junior Seau, arguably the most active and physical player of his generation at a position of excessive and routine brutal contact, never had a single concussion in a game rife with examples of how players typically played through them or were failed to be diagnosed for the unseen sickness simply because it was never officially noted on an injury report is some of the worst deductive logic I have ever witnessed.

Again, sub-concussion syndrome is a new study, but the initial findings of devastating.

It sucks for the family and friends. It does and I understand not being sure why someone would do it. Instead of ignorantly passing judgment, maybe you should ask yourself why someone with everything he had going for him, as you mentioned, would opt to end the fabulous life with people who obviously loved him. Think about just how bad the pain must have been for him to determine that suicide was his best recourse.

Just unbelievable...

Do you feel better about yourself, now that you've used this death as an opportunity to tell everybody how strong you are for making it through your life that's been so hard?

I swear there's always some bag who gets off on making a dead celebrity wrong after suicide. Your life sucks. I get it. But this thinly veiled schaudenfreude is ing disgusting.

hope and change
    Post Count
    So just because he played in the NFL his life is enviable? Do you have any idea how bad things can be when your brain is ravaged by concussions?

Why don't you trade places with John Mackey? He's a Hall Of Famer and an NFL legend. His brain is also so damaged he can't remember a thing about his NFL life, or even anything he just did five minutes ago. But he played in the NFL so his life now is enviable.
    yep, point out one of the single worst cuncussion cases to try and make a point. and yes, seau's life was enviable, if you asked all the people in the world if they would trade lives with him, i'm guessing well over 95% would, cuncussions and all. plenty of people have problems and health issues, and most of them don't have fame and fortune to go with it. the nfl is a contact sport and no one foced these guys to play.

hope and change
    Post Count
    99 out of 100 times, someone who calls suicide selfish and tries to paint someone who commits suicide in some kind of evil manner is a bible thumper who's been brainwashed into thinking suicide is the ultimate sin and someone shouldn't have control over his/her own life. They've never even tried to understand how ed up someone is mentally when he/she commits suicide, but since their pastor said its evil, they follow right along.
    lol 99 out of 100, lol stereotyping, lol doesn't know about christians but hates them soooooo much. class act

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    lol rascal, you'd think someone that made the Loser Thread would have some empathy for someone that committed suicide.

yep, point out one of the single worst cuncussion cases to try and make a point. and yes, seau's life was enviable, if you asked all the people in the world if they would trade lives with him, i'm guessing well over 95% would, cuncussions and all.
    What does your uniformed perception of Junior Seau's life have to do with what was actually going on his life?

lol 95%. lol stereotyping. lol loling the exact same thing you loled

lol 99 out of 100, lol stereotyping, lol doesn't know about christians but hates them soooooo much. class act
    I definitely know more about Christianity than you do about Junior Seau's life or mental problems, granted that's not saying much.

Seeing that Junior Seau, for one reason or another, felt that he was better off killing himself than living the rest of his life, I'd say you'd have to be a pretty miserable person if you wanted to trade your life for his.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why don't you trade places with John Mackey? He's a Hall Of Famer and an NFL legend. His brain is also so damaged he can't remember a thing about his NFL life, or even anything he just did five minutes ago. But he played in the NFL so his life now is enviable.
    That can't be true, because he was never taken out of the game for concussions!!!

Thread Information