Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight le)
    Forrest Griffin vs. o Ortiz
    Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia
    Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie
    Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
    Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
    Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou
    John Alessio vs. Shane Roller
    Yoislandy Izquierdo vs. Rafaello Oliveira

o announced on twitter that he is fighting Forrest in his last fight.

Here is the presser

lol finally watched this, pure awesomeness from Sonnen: from the disguise to the snoring sounds on the mic, to saying Silva says the craziest stuff, and everything in between, lol, Sonnen at his best!!!

Last edited by ace3g; 06-24-2012 at 11:32 AM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber - Team Alpha Male can suck my Alpha .
    Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le - I hate to pick against MY BOY, but Cung Le is awesome.
    Forrest Griffin vs. o Ortiz - WHO CARES?! DRAW
    Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch - I predict another Hendo-Style KO.
    Renan Barao vs. Jeff Hougland

Anderson Silva vs. Chael P. Sonnen - Sorry Chael, but you're about to be exposed. I ing hate Silva with a deep, burning passion, but you caught him on a bad day last time and you still lost. I smell a first round K.O. Book that .
    Last edited by The TroutBum; 04-25-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen now main event for this card:

Post Count
    The only thing that makes me sad is Chael is already 35 years old because he is the funniest and most entertaining fighter of all time in MMA.. I could listen to his pre-fight hype and watch him fight forever..

after the presser:

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    How can you go to Brazil and say the things he said on press conference.

Amazing

I just hope he will rip Anderson. But I'm afraid that something like 4th round can happen and then Sonnen is in big trouble. He still is in big trouble going into the cage with Silva, pissing him off

Post Count
    Fight Card:

Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber (for bantamweight le)

Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le

Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch

No injuries and no more changes.. What a in card.. This should do 1 mil buys..

I'll be in vegas at the time for the expo. Now i am defiantly going to the live fight. Great card and the days of seeing Silva are probably getting rare

Speaking of is anybody a member of the ultimate fight club for pre sale tickets and is willing to work out a deal?
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 04-26-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Post Count
    I'll be in vegas at the time for the expo. Now i am defiantly going to the live fight. Great card and the days of seeing Silva are probably getting rare

Speaking of is anybody a member of the ultimate fight club for pre sale tickets and is willing to work out a deal?
    Not a member but if you have not been to a live event before be careful where the seats are. You don't want to be too low because of the camera crew blocking your view. Aim for something in the middle.

Not a member but if you have not been to a live event before be careful where the seats are. You don't want to be too low because of the camera crew blocking your view. Aim for something in the middle.
    yeah MMA events are probably one of the few sporting events where it is better to be further away from the action.

Post Count
    Fight Card:

Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber (for bantamweight le)

Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le

Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch

No injuries and no more changes.. What a in card.. This should do 1 mil buys..

Rumors are flying that Cruz tore his ACL.. Hope it's not true..

yeah just saw the same thing...

Post Count
    Should be all covered on TUF this Friday...

It looks like Urijah Faber will have to wait for the chance to settle his long standing rivalry with Dominick Cruz.

The UFC's reigning bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has been forced out of UFC 148 after suffering a knee injury in training while working at The Ultimate Fighter Live.

Sources close to the situation confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.

Cruz was coaching alongside his teammates from the Alliance Training Center, teaching his team of lightweights on the first ever installment of TUF on FX.

The injury occurred while Cruz was working with his team, while also training for his showdown to Faber on July 7 in Las Vegas.

Cruz being forced out of the bout now leaves Urijah Faber without an opponent for the UFC 148 card, and it's unclear at this time if there will be a replacement or if Faber will be pulled.

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on this breaking news when it becomes available.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dominic...0411--mma.html

Post Count
    That sucks, I'm a big fan on Cruz. That card was loaded.

Urijah Faber will fight for interim bantamweight le at UFC 148

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28616/urij...medium=twitter

The name I keep hearing to face Faber is Renan Barao , even Faber tweeted he would like to face Barao

many expected it but Faber will face Renan Barao at 148, just announced on TUF Live, Barao was there at the show to square off with Faber after the annoucement

Some minor news but could have potentially ruined this card if it didn't go through:

Josh Gross ‏@JoshGrossESPN

We have a fight on 7/7. Chael Sonnen received his therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy. Rematch with Spider is on.

Post Count
    Some minor news but could have potentially ruined this card if it didn't go through:

Josh Gross ‏@JoshGrossESPN

We have a fight on 7/7. Chael Sonnen received his therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy. Rematch with Spider is on.
    I don't think that was ever in doubt. Chael made good with the commisisons a while ago..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Chael Sonnen Granted Therapeutic-Use Exemption for Testosterone in Nevada

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/5/21...estosterone-in

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

This is my not surprised face when I found out Anderson Silva hurt his knee and is heading to the doc.

Silva’s knee injury is just a tweak. Sonnen bout is not in jeopardy. His le reign is, though! Bazinga!

Post Count

This is my not surprised face when I found out Anderson Silva hurt his knee and is heading to the doc.

Silva’s knee injury is just a tweak. Sonnen bout is not in jeopardy. His le reign is, though! Bazinga!

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    How many people here honestly think that Sonnen is going to beat Silva. I mean, I know we ALL want him to, but deep down, how many of you actually think he will?

Post Count
    How many people here honestly think that Sonnen is going to beat Silva. I mean, I know we ALL want him to, but deep down, how many of you actually think he will?
    Right here.. Silva is such a pain in the ass.. Sonnen can do this...

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for Sonnen as well. I hated his trash talking to begin with. But I quickly realized that as an entertainer, he's quite special. As a fighter, he's respectable as well.

As far as truly believe him to win... we'll see. He doesn't need any more motivation to work ridiculously hard and/or be thorough with his strategy. If he comes in 100% prepared mentally and physically, then anything is possible.

Patrick Cote returns to the UFC, replaces Rich Franklin, will fight Cung Le: http://mmajunkie.com/news/28978/cung...medium=twitter

Thread Information