Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting terrible as the season closes.
    Danny the last 10 games:
    31% FG and 27% from 3.
    Tony:
    26% FG and doesn’t shoot the 3 enough for it to matter. He’s at 42% but takes .7 per game.
    Are these dudes going to turn it on in the playoffs, on road games, etc or is it going to be Bryns show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm honestly surprised that Green is even shooting that well. It's been horrible. But Danny's either going to shoot well or he's not. No way to predict or improve it externally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it’s been a big problem. Not sure what can be done about it but play them less. It’s only part of the reason they don’t give me confidence. The other is Pop still in exploratory mode. Both are guys know to be capable of ending a bad shooting streak in jiffy— in the past. I legit don’t know it Tony can pull off what he did last year and tend to think he’s done. Danny I am uncertain about. I only did the last 10 games but I think the shooting slumps have gone on a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is an underrated defender, regarding his shooting woes they don't call him ICYHOT without a reason. I am confident he will bounce back during playoffs. He always does.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been calling it for 2 years. It's time to move on from G-League. One of the laziest players in the league. It's a shame because you wouldn't expect that from a guy that went through the road he did. Thank him for he memories and give him the Boban treatment in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is injured, tbh. He has been carrying a nasty ass limp for a while now and the other day he was finally seen with an abnormal bandage on his left calf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clear that when Pop needs scoring he goes to LMA, Gay, Patty and Brynn. And Kyle even, to some extent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is injured, tbh. He has been carrying a nasty ass limp for a while now and the other day he was finally seen with an abnormal bandage on his left calf.
    He's looked hurt for a while, but still, I can't remember ever seeing a player forget how to shoot at this level..he wasn't just a good shooter, he used to be among the elite in the league for years and one of the best playoff shooters of all-time..now he can't make anything, it's puzzling..

Outside of the 2016 playoffs and last year vs. the Rockets, it's been mostly below average to above average shooting for 3 years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's looked hurt for a while, but still, I can't remember ever seeing a player forget how to shoot at this level..he wasn't just a good shooter, he used to be among the elite in the league for years and one of the best playoff shooters of all-time..now he can't make anything, it's puzzling..
    Danny uses a lot of leg on his shooting motion, tbh. Way more than average. If he's hurt, it makes sense for his shot to suffer too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is a scrub. Always has been.

And the only shooting Porker knows how to do these days doesn’t involve a basketball.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rec League Parker makes threes when he plays in his rec league. The three line is three feet closer though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 starters in a crucial home game against a non-playoff team shot under .35%...

4 starters shot .0% from 3 in the same home game...

Not good at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Danny should go back to wearing #4. Maybe the extra digit threw off his balance.

I still get chills watching clips from the '13 Finals. Even though we lost, we still shocked the world. Those Heat were supposed to be unbeatable, and we nearly god damn did it. And then, we ing did it.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-10-2018 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Danny should go back to wearing #4. Maybe the extra digit threw off his balance.
    What about games 6 and 7 tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny uses a lot of leg on his shooting motion, tbh. Way more than average. If he's hurt, it makes sense for his shot to suffer too.
    Then you’d have to assume he’s already started his decline as a player. He’s not all about speed like Tony is but spends a lot of time squatting in a game in a defensive stance and doesn’t have the legs anymore. Something is definitely up. It should impact their contracts this summer but it’s going to be problematic for the playoffs. Think Bryn is here to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way to complain about Tony is if his role expands from the recent 10 MPG... it's true that's probably 5 mins too many, but we're splitting hairs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also wouldn't get too high about the playoffs, guys like Tony, Bryn, Fathead are going to be targeted relentlessly, and unfortunately there's nothing the Spurs can really do other than shoot lights out and make it a scoring contest, tbh...

This team is simply not prepared to 'execute', not on offense or defense, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 starters in a crucial home game against a non-playoff team shot under .35%...

4 starters shot .0% from 3 in the same home game...

Not good at all.
    They had problems with guard scoring even last year as you well know. Much criticized when Kawhi was in the team now he’s missed an entire season and it’s obvious that it’s still a problem. In fact Tony if we are honest is probably not a legit rotation player and Danny needs his shooting to bounce back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's last season's playoff resurgence came out of nowhere, so I still have some slight hope that he somehow turns it on once the lights are on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way to complain about Tony is if his role expands from the recent 10 MPG... it's true that's probably 5 mins too many, but we're splitting hairs...
    He’s playing 20 minutes at times specially when Dejounte struggles like tonight. And I do think aside from setting shots for others Tony needs to score the basketball. He’s obviously no defensive player. If he’s not scoring, Bryns better, super streaky as a shooter too but is shooting the 3 well right now and scoring more efficiently than Tony.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The last week of the RS 3 years ago..who would have thought that Manu would be the only Spur in those highlights still playing at a high level?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still get chills watching clips from the '13 Finals. Even though we lost, we still shocked the world. Those Heat were supposed to be unbeatable, and we nearly god damn did it. And then, we ing did it.
    ah the good old days, back when we still had Kawhi Leonard. it's weird seeing him on the court playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is LDN going to get his jersey retired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The last week of the RS 3 years ago..who would have thought that Manu would be the only Spur in those highlights still playing at a high level?
    Special team (even CoJo and Baynes got in those highlights.)
    I got nostalgic. Danny and Tony playing there like I haven’t seen them in some time. Also, I realized how much I’ve missed Kawhi too. Incredible that Manu is still the guy who is just doin his deal still (had hair in those clips)

Ah well hopefully these two dudes turn it on when it matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah the good old days, back when we still had Kawhi Leonard. it's weird seeing him on the court playing.
    I had the same vibe watching those old clips. Weird.

Thread Information