Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Who woulda thunk it? A school with only 4500 students knocking off UTEP, Murry State, Syracuse, K. State, Michigan State to get to the final game. Syracuse the number 1 seed, K state the number 2 seed, and then Michigan State the number 5 seed. David vs a whole bevy of Goliaths.

I'm a Butler fan from now on. Go Bulldogs! BEAT the Dukies or WV. I hope it's Duke because Duke is the team everyone hates. I want to see a real life "Hoosiers" come to life. Imagine, what a story that would be if the Bulldogs pulled this off and won the National le! Incredible!!

Veteran
    My Team
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Post Count
    They are playing great, but I think that WVU or Duke win it all

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They play slow and ugly, they're physical and play tough inside out defense. They won an ugly battle to beat MSU, but they've been doing that all season. They need Mack to be ok for Monday night to have a real shot.

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Post Count
    They play slow and ugly, they're physical and play tough inside out defense. They won an ugly battle to beat MSU, but they've been doing that all season. They need Mack to be ok for Monday night to have a real shot.
    I'm not a doctor, but I think Mack will be fine. It's just a charlie horse of sorts, isn't it?

The Bulldogs remind me a lot of the Spurs organization, and I'd love it if we drafted one of their guys. Everything from their philosophy in recruiting to their defensive mindset...carbon copy of SA.

Brad Stevens has been extremely impressive since taking over at Butler. To think he was a volunteer with this team while working at Lilly...and now he's taking the team to the championship game...all at the age of 33. Amazing.

GO BULLDOGS!

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    I think Mack is fine. He just didn't drink enough water before the game and balance his electrolytes out. That's why he cramped up. He won't make that mistake in the final against Duke.

Duke is freaking scary good. They have size, athleticism and they can shoot lights out three pointers. Watching them play I was thinking, how did this team not go undefeated. But I hope that Butler can defend the three better than WV did.

Post Count
    I think Mack is fine. He just didn't drink enough water before the game and balance his electrolytes out. That's why he cramped up. He won't make that mistake in the final against Duke.

Duke is freaking scary good. They have size, athleticism and they can shoot lights out three pointers. Watching them play I was thinking, how did this team not go undefeated. But I hope that Butler can defend the three better than WV did.
    Duke has flown under the radar the entire tourney. Everyone was talking about Kansas, gt.and Kentucky, all the while Duke was quietly winning and advancing. I have them beating the crap out of Butler come Monday. The key to beating Duke is keeping that asshole Supek off the boards. He killed us (Maryland) in the game they won at Cameron this year. I think he had a triple double. We kinda neutralized him when we beat them at Comcast.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    That 7'1" Zoubek is a monster. He's going to cause matchup problems for any team. The way they demolished Purdue was just sick. Could not match up with their inside game and they eventually wore down the Boilers. If you sag in on him, it opens up Duke's outside game.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Duke has three players above 6'10" in Kelly and the brothers Plumlee, then they have 3 more players at 6'8" in Singler, Smith and Thomas. I don't know how the Bulldogs are going to play against that size and shooting ability. But as they say, good teams find a way.

Butler has the edge on speed and they will have to shoot better than they did against Mich State to have a chance.

Post Count
    That 7'1" Zoubek is a monster. He's going to cause matchup problems for any team. The way they demolished Purdue was just sick. Could not match up with their inside game and they eventually wore down the Boilers. If you sag in on him, it opens up Duke's outside game.
    Thats just it. He isn't really a scoring threat, he just kills on the boards with all those second chances. For Butler to have any kind of chance, they cant let all threee of those guys go off like they did tonight. They pretty much did what they wanted.

Post Count
    Duke has three players above 6'10" in Kelly and the brothers Plumlee, then they have 3 more players at 6'8" in Singler, Smith and Thomas. I don't know how the Bulldogs are going to play against that size and shooting ability. But as they say, good teams find a way.

Butler has the edge on speed and they will have to shoot better than they did against Mich State to have a chance.
    Singler is scary good too!

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    are any of the duke underclassmen going pro?

cause if not, looks like they'll be even better next year

I'm not a doctor, but I think Mack will be fine. It's just a charlie horse of sorts, isn't it?

The Bulldogs remind me a lot of the Spurs organization, and I'd love it if we drafted one of their guys. Everything from their philosophy in recruiting to their defensive mindset...carbon copy of SA.

Brad Stevens has been extremely impressive since taking over at Butler. To think he was a volunteer with this team while working at Lilly...and now he's taking the team to the championship game...all at the age of 33. Amazing.

GO BULLDOGS!

they do remind of the spurs alot. they play under the rim and everything is based on defensive rotation and help defense. they will grind you down with the D and make you play crazy because they are always in position.

young players and ball hogs are weak minded and impatient they will get frustrated with constant defensive pressure........and butler plays with constant defensive pressure and tenacious defensive rotations.

...alot like the spurs do.

.....and that white #20 plays alot like a certain #20 here in town, just watch.

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Too bad Duke is gonna wax that ass.

Duke leads by 10 points with 4 minutes left in the game. Butler plays stifling D to make a furious comeback. A layup by Shelvin Mack with 5 seconds left pulls Butler to within a point. The crowd is going wild on one end and is silent on the other. Butler needs something magical to happen. Jon Scheyer runs around for a few seconds trying to get the inbounds pass, knowing that Butler will try to foul him immediately should he receive the pass. Unfortunately for Duke, Scheyer can't get open and Kyle Singler becomes the second option. Singler is able to get open for a split second, but that's all he needs. Brian Zoubek passes in to Singler. BUT OH NO, the pass is low and Singler can't get his hands on it cleanly. The ball ricochets off his knee and directly to Gordon Hayward, who frantically kisses the ball off the glass for a one point lead with just two seconds remaining. Duke has no timeouts remaining, as they used their final one to keep a possession alive about a minute earlier. Boy do they wish they had that timeout now. Coach K is yelling instructions from his tiny mouth by the sidelines, waving to the left, to the right, backwards, forwards! Zoubek stalls as he picks the ball up out of bounds under the basket. His pass catches Nolan Smith in stride as he streaks towards half court. One second on the clock! Smith hurls a desperation heave from 50 feet that sails wide of the basket by about 10 feet. BUTLER WINS. The TV cameras zoom around the crowd to pick up the celebration and depression. They find Christian Laettner, who has his hand over his face. The cameras zoom back to the court, where they focus on Scheyer, pulling an Adam Morrison at mid court. They zoom to Coach K's face as he watches another coach half his age jump into a pile of players not much younger than he. Singler tries to comfort Scheyer, but he waves off his teammate as he rolls around on the court, sobbing and banging his fists on the hard surface, not caring if he hurts his hands. Finally Scheyer sits upright, with his face buried in his knees. Matt Howard approaches him to offer a routine "good game." Scheyer gives a slight nod before resuming his hysterical calls to a God that frowned upon him and his teammates on this Monday night. Why God, why? Why does my career have to end like this? It was OUR time! What happened?

BUTLER HAPPENED

Butler 60
    Duke 59

watch the swat by #20

Post Count
    Hayway reminds me of Allen Houston offensively. I hope he has a future on the next level.

My Team
    Post Count
    Hayward reminds me of Allen Houston offensively. I hope he has a future on the next level.
    It's being predicted that 3 Butler players will end up going to the NBA. Not bad for a little known school here in Indy.

For those counting the Bulldogs out, just remember...people have been betting against them throughout the playoffs, but they've continued stepping it up. Stevens is awesome at preparing his team.
    And, you can't forget about the crowd. Butler is a local team. Did you hear the crowd noise this evening? LOS was rocking! There was a major difference between the Butler game and the Duke game.

Time will tell.

My Team
    Post Count
    .....and that white #20 plays alot like a certain #20 here in town, just watch.
    Haha. I was watching him earlier, and wondered if he was a Manu fan.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Duke lose, but they're on a different level than Butler, as evidenced from last night's games.
    Duke could set a record Monday night...60 pt win?

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Duke lose, but they're on a different level than Butler, as evidenced from last night's games.
    Nah. You look at the teams that won the le game by more than 20 points- UCLA in 1968, UNLV in 1990, Duke in 1992- those were transcendent teams that were on a different level than ANYONE else. This Duke team is very, very good- but they're not that good.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!

Like Butler beat a bunch of push overs to get to the le game.

Post Count
    Haha. I was watching him earlier, and wondered if he was a Manu fan.

I think Duke will win just because of that asshole Coach K. I don't think he will allow them to come in thinking they are just going to walk all over the Bulldogs. Duke is a team that picks you apart and keeps on picking you apart and exploiting whatever it is that is working. But we beat them this year at home, so they can be beat. You just can't let them get out to a huge lead on you. It is VERY hard playing from behind against a team like Duke. Plus Coach K just has so many fouls to give with those damn Pumbly brothers, and that Soupek asshole. They have alot depth off the bench. Kinda reminds me of Maryland the year we won it when we had 3 pretty solid big men in Baxter, Holden, and Randle.

My Team
    Post Count
    I think Duke will win just because of that asshole Coach K. I don't think he will allow them to come in thinking they are just going to walk all over the Bulldogs. Duke is a team that picks you apart and keeps on picking you apart and exploiting whatever it is that is working. But we beat them this year at home, so they can be beat. You just can't let them get out to a huge lead on you. It is VERY hard playing from behind against a team like Duke. Plus Coach K just has so many fouls to give with those damn Pumbly brothers, and that Soupek asshole. They have alot depth off the bench. Kinda reminds me of Maryland the year we won it when we had 3 pretty solid big men in Baxter, Holden, and Randle.
    I really don't follow college basketball until the playoffs, but living here in Indy, I've heard and watched plenty of Butler.
    Perhaps Duke is super fantastic, but as you pointed out, they can be beat. And that's why the games are played.

Before Butler played Syracuse, our sports guy was giving the Bulldogs "slim to no chance" of beating them. Look what happened.

Butler is huge on defense. It's the cornerstone of their program. And Brad Stevens has them preparing like crazy.
    Add to that the fact that Stevens isn't allowing the team to get caught up in all the hype. Heck, the other day, the team couldn't even attend their own pep rally because Stevens had them in class like any other day. He's done a good job of keeping things normal for them.

Duke beat WVA last night by 20. Part of that was that they were the better team. But I also think WVA gave up after a while.

Just remember - Gone are the Kansas and Kentucky teams...all the ones people picked to win. In their place is little 'ole Butler - the team no one gave a chance to.

I'm not saying all the people saying Duke is better are wrong, but there's a reason Butler got this far, and it wasn't luck. They've won 25 in a row.
    I wouldn't count Butler out just yet.

Go "David!"
    I'll be pulling for the Dawgs.

Post Count
    I really don't follow college basketball until the playoffs, but living here in Indy, I've heard and watched plenty of Butler.
    Perhaps Duke is super fantastic, but as you pointed out, they can be beat. And that's why the games are played.

Before Butler played Syracuse, our sports guy was giving the Bulldogs "slim to no chance" of beating them. Look what happened.

Butler is huge on defense. It's the cornerstone of their program. And Brad Stevens has them preparing like crazy.
    Add to that the fact that Stevens isn't allowing the team to get caught up in all the hype. Heck, the other day, the team couldn't even attend their own pep rally because Stevens had them in class like any other day. He's done a good job of keeping things normal for them.

Duke beat WVA last night by 20. Part of that was that they were the better team. But I also think WVA gave up after a while.

Just remember - Gone are the Kansas and Kentucky teams...all the ones people picked to win. In their place is little 'ole Butler - the team no one gave a chance to.

I'm not saying all the people saying Duke is better are wrong, but there's a reason Butler got this far, and it wasn't luck. They've won 25 in a row.
    I wouldn't count Butler out just yet.

Go "David!"
    I'll be pulling for the Dawgs.
    Like someone else mentioned. Duke is good, but not 92 Duke good. I haven't really watched to much of Butler before yesterday's game to give a fair assessment. Hoping it is a good game.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Watched Duke just manhandle my alma mater Purdue. Those guys are scary good and they played against one of the premier defensive teams in the country. I think Butler has a chance. They are at full strength unlike Purdue and should be able to muster up enough firepower to stay with the Dukies.

Thread Information